Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV Horizon 4 V6

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin TV Horizon 4 V6

Old 29-08-2020, 22:17   #181
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin TV Horizon 4 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
No pressing 1 requires no speaking. Pressing the voice button requires you to say Netflix, have it interpreted and then open the app. Single button press, no speaking for me.
Not used Horizon but voice is the fastest way I've found on Q and gets you in extremely fast , that said I do use voice a lot on my other devices such as Apple TV and Amazon Fire Stick.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-08-2020, 09:59   #182
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon60 View Post
I keep accidentally pressing the Netflix button on my Panasonic Blu-Ray remote control. It is really annoying.

Especially if you don't do Netflix
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2020, 10:20   #183
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Saying "Go forward 4 minutes" on SkyQ and "Skip 4 minutes" on Horizon - are super for the ITV ad breaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Not used Horizon but voice is the fastest way I've found on Q and gets you in extremely fast , that said I do use voice a lot on my other devices such as Apple TV and Amazon Fire Stick.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2020, 10:30   #184
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Saying "Go forward 4 minutes" on SkyQ and "Skip 4 minutes" on Horizon - are super for the ITV ad breaks.
Thanks for the heads up

Thats one I've not actually tried.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2020, 19:36   #185
TheWatcher
cf.member

Services: M125 BB, Anytime Chatter, V6 (Maxit TV)
TheWatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
I will miss the Tivo style remote, (if I take Horizon) It feels good in your hand, the one above looks so flat. Reminds me of the old Virgin TV black box ones.
Really? I hate the Tivo remote. The shape is really uncomfortable. I much prefer the original V+ remote, which thankfully still works (except for a few buttons that are only on the Tivo remote) for the V6.
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2020, 08:16   #186
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
Really? I hate the Tivo remote. The shape is really uncomfortable. I much prefer the original V+ remote, which thankfully still works (except for a few buttons that are only on the Tivo remote) for the V6.
There is always the TV Control app which is as flat as your phone or tablet.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2020, 13:59   #187
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I think that the Tivo remote was designed to be placed face down.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2020, 15:13   #188
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I think that the Tivo remote was designed to be placed face down.
I had one of the first TiVo version 1 boxes in the country - as I recall the remote was the same shape then, but it was silver.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 17:17   #189
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

Got the latest email as the last one didn’t work.....

Oops! Something went wrong.

Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online.
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 17:22   #190
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post
Got the latest email as the last one didn’t work.....

Oops! Something went wrong.

Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online.
Sadly you will have to phone up and as l know personally you can be waiting on the phone for ages until someone answers.

Why one is not allowed to change ones package online is beyond me as even their online chat tool is a waste of time as its never available.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:53   #191
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

As this was mentioned incorrectly elsewhere - I can confirm that Amazon, Netflix and iPlayer UHD/HDR apps are all present.

But a low point for some is that you can only listen to live radio - no recordings and no EPG.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:25   #192
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
As this was mentioned incorrectly elsewhere - I can confirm that Amazon, Netflix and iPlayer UHD/HDR apps are all present.

But a low point for some is that you can only listen to live radio - no recordings and no EPG.
So no BBC Sounds?
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:31   #193
ozsat
cf.mega poster

No - only Radioline.

It was implied to me that a lot more is to roll out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
So no BBC Sounds?

Last edited by ozsat; 03-09-2020 at 08:50.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:08   #194
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

Give up.

Tried calling and all I get is fobbed off, spoke with a nice Scottish lady who said she would transfer me to the 360 team. I then get connected with an off shore call centre, funnily enough her system went down and she would call me back.

You can guess the rest
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote