Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 18:15   #8026
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The thought among those close to the matter is they are only offering him $18m for this fight, citing Covid-19. He knows he’s the biggest pay-per-view draw in the game at the minute and more likely to seek to be released from his contract.

An easy way for DAZN to remove $300m of future liabilities I suppose.
Update: Canelo is now suing his promoter and DAZN for being unable to get him a fight. The biggest name in boxing and DAZN can’t even get him someone to fight.

Suing for $280m in lost income and accusing them of denying him guaranteed payments. Oh dear. Deep pockets though, eh?

Last edited by jfman; 09-09-2020 at 18:18.
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2020, 16:36   #8027
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Just noticed an app called Roxi on my Sky Q box not sure how long its been there , whats Roxi ?
Old 10-09-2020, 16:37   #8028
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Sky Q adds ROXi music service - you can try it free for a month.

I signed up and cancelled with 10 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Just noticed an app called Roxi on my Sky Q box not sure how long its been there , whats Roxi ?
Old 10-09-2020, 16:38   #8029
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Roxi l think is something to do with music MM.
Old 10-09-2020, 16:39   #8030
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Sky Q adds ROXi music service - you can try it free for a month.

I signed up and cancelled with 10 minutes.
That good
Old 18-09-2020, 23:08   #8031
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

ive updated to ios 14 anyone having difficulty with virgin media go?
Old 19-09-2020, 11:11   #8032
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
My company has advised avoiding doing this as ios14 has a number of problems
Old 19-09-2020, 16:40   #8033
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

I've been trying out Peacock this weekend, its pretty good even on the totally free tier, it has far less ads than All 4 for example, is in 1080P with Dolby Digital surround sound.

I hope when Comcast release it here they keep it like this.
Old 19-09-2020, 18:06   #8034
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
I've been trying out Peacock this weekend, its pretty good even on the totally free tier, it has far less ads than All 4 for example, is in 1080P with Dolby Digital surround sound.

I hope when Comcast release it here they keep it like this.
Comcast aren't releasing it to UK, Peacock exclusives will be on SKY.
Old 19-09-2020, 18:51   #8035
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Comcast aren't releasing it to UK, Peacock exclusives will be on SKY.
Yep - it seems like the case... NBCUniversal have set distribution deals for Peacock Originals in Australia and Canada... plus Brave New World is coming here as a Sky Original which would suggest that will be the case for future NBCU produced Peacock shows. Also Peacock itself really does seem like a solution for NBC's presence in the US Market and they're building a service that aligns more with their broadcast business than a pure streamer.

I've said this before but I would be more inclined to think we'll see elements of Peacock appear on Sky platforms like their curated linear streaming channels, some of the ad tech as well as the originals...if they wanted to launch a new streaming platform, I would be more inclined to think they might look at the free AVOD sector but that's me just speculating...
Old 19-09-2020, 20:08   #8036
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
IOS 14 is fine, it seems to be very stable imo.
Old 19-09-2020, 20:13   #8037
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
IOS 14 is fine, it seems to be very stable imo.
There are some issues for business with randomised MAC Addresses in iOS 14 that doesn't apply for most residential networks

https://9to5mac.com/2020/09/17/ios-14-privacy-cisco/
Old 19-09-2020, 20:25   #8038
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

VM go worked perfectly today after updating to IOS 14 on iPad. In fact it seemed smoother than before.
Old 19-09-2020, 20:49   #8039
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Just updated, working fine (had to re-connect, but that went smoothly).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 25-09-2020, 22:58   #8040
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

“Deep pockets” DAZN in court low balling Canelo offering $20m a fight and bonuses linked to subscriber growth. Nice of them to recognise that they need an underlying business model but is the biggest draw in boxing likely to see this as anything other than “bait and switch”?
Closed Thread