Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 26-08-2020, 18:25   #5326
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Tenet: 6/10

I don't know how to describe this without sounding too negative. I feel very underwhelmed. Sure the action and visual effects were good but it isn't anything we haven't seen before. I found myself paying less attention to the story and more time trying to wrap my head around what they were doing temporally but again, if you like your scifi it isn't anything new and we have seen it before. It was good to be back at the cinema again and there are many more movies to come.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-08-2020, 08:44   #5327
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

A very hard to please General it seems.
Old 29-08-2020, 09:01   #5328
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Watch it and tell me what you think
Old 29-08-2020, 09:07   #5329
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Watch it and tell me what you think
l will.
Old 04-09-2020, 23:01   #5330
General Maximus
Ran Away

Mulan (2020): 8.5/10

What a superb film. I have never seen the animated version and was considering watching it before this film just so I understood what the crux of the story was but I decided against it. I love the original Aladdin, Lion King and Beauty and the Beast and as good as the live action versions were the cartoons were better and I wanted to appreciate this film for what it was. I loved it for two reasons. Firstly they did a fantastic job of bringing the culture and time period to life but secondly, and what makes the film special, is that it had meaning. Even though it is Disney and aimed more at a child audience they managed to convey that undertone of loyalty and honour that you see in films like Gladiator and The Last Samurai and in this instance it was even more relevant given the culture and society. No matter what stands in your way, a true heart will keep on fighting. I loved it. The only criticism if I had one is the length of the film. I know it is hard given the target audience but I would have gladly seen another 40 mins added to it to make it a 2hr 30 mins film like The Last Samurai. It deserves it and I would have enjoyed seeing the world, culture and characters padded out a bit more. As it is though, great story, great characters, fantastic costumes and choreography. I just wish I could have seen it at the cinema. I think it is going to do well either way though. The Chinese love stuff like this and it is going to make a fortune in China even if it tanks in the rest of the world (like The Great Wall )
Old 05-09-2020, 21:41   #5331
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Tenet: 8/10

Not Nolan's best film but probably his most 'Nolan' of all the films. I think he just about pulled it off at the end but it is complicated and you sort of just have to trust the structure holds up since it usually does with Nolan films. The action sequences really make me want a Nolan Bond film tho!
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 18:46   #5332
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Mulan (2020): 8.5/10

What a superb film. I have never seen the animated version and was considering watching it before this film just so I understood what the crux of the story was but I decided against it. I love the original Aladdin, Lion King and Beauty and the Beast and as good as the live action versions were the cartoons were better and I wanted to appreciate this film for what it was. I loved it for two reasons. Firstly they did a fantastic job of bringing the culture and time period to life but secondly, and what makes the film special, is that it had meaning. Even though it is Disney and aimed more at a child audience they managed to convey that undertone of loyalty and honour that you see in films like Gladiator and The Last Samurai and in this instance it was even more relevant given the culture and society. No matter what stands in your way, a true heart will keep on fighting. I loved it. The only criticism if I had one is the length of the film. I know it is hard given the target audience but I would have gladly seen another 40 mins added to it to make it a 2hr 30 mins film like The Last Samurai. It deserves it and I would have enjoyed seeing the world, culture and characters padded out a bit more. As it is though, great story, great characters, fantastic costumes and choreography. I just wish I could have seen it at the cinema. I think it is going to do well either way though. The Chinese love stuff like this and it is going to make a fortune in China even if it tanks in the rest of the world (like The Great Wall )
I agree 100% all those slagging it off are the ones expecting a frame by frame remake of the animated film. They seemed to ignore the part at the beginning saying, There have been many stories about Mulan, here is mine (or words to that effect).

I'm surprised you didn't mention Ming Na Wen having a cameo at the end though.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 19:10   #5333
General Maximus
Ran Away

I did notice that although the significance was lost on me as i havent seen the original.
Old 06-09-2020, 21:55   #5334
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

No one should expect a shot for shot remake anyway, literally what would be the point of that? It's better to do something new.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 23:33   #5335
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Ready Player One 10/10 because I was glued to it, and Olivia Cooke is gorgeous!
Old 03-10-2020, 23:46   #5336
General Maximus
Ran Away

I love it, it is my 4th fav film. I wish it had done better at the cinema, it deserved to be epic like Avatar. I do belueve they are working on a sequel though.
Old 12-10-2020, 19:45   #5337
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Daniel Craig).
7.5/10 Good but not as good as the original.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 21:26   #5338
General Maximus
Ran Away

haven't seen it in many years but I thought it was really good.
Old 15-10-2020, 08:50   #5339
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
haven't seen it in many years but I thought it was really good.
It was very good.
Old 25-10-2020, 21:37   #5340
General Maximus
Ran Away

Back to the Future: 8.5/10

A film I haven't seen in donkeys years, at least 25 years. I was too young to see it at the cinema when it was first released so it is great to see a film which I watched to death when I was growing up on the big screen. Hearing the soundtrack in all its glory was fantastic. It is a shame they didn't think to show BTTF 2 and 3 as well.