Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 14-06-2008, 14:35   #8881
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPhormula View Post
Weird!!!

That is the face of a well known terrorist ( Guy Fawkes ). Then I remember seeing several people wearing that mask on the news the otherday at another protest.

I just noticed the terrorist "V" is on TV right now my time 12:20am Sky Screen 2

"V for Vendetta"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XKa8VE7ILI

Wiki link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_for_Vendetta_(film)

It's an upto date tale of Orwellian oppression.. coincidence David Davis resigned?

Note: It gets stranger and stranger... The Telegraph have already portrayed David Davis as a Guy Fawkes suicide terrorist bomber in this remarkable animated cartoon. (1m1s) short video. What a disgusting way for people to treat the only politician with enough guts to challenge the threat to British freedom and privacy with such contempt.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...Davis%27s.html
thats just sick.....
and his website's not much better
http://www.livedraw.co.uk/archive.html

i admire David Davis for standing up, speaking out, and fighting for his and our rights.

will the anonymous readers here do the same, and take the time to write those letters.... and send that Email, YES even you Pro-Phorm voters if you are playing fair, and it is your personal opinion.....

how about really planning to get to the Demo if your in london or if you can afford the train fair and sundries to get there.....go.

BTW Pete, i was looking for the rebol banner Gfx loader and scroller were you can load up any text over the top of any Gfx so as not to have to make them static every time, it exists as iv seen it but cant find it now.

But this rebol local proxy script i came aross while looking
http://www.rebol.org/cgi-bin/cgiwrap...script=proxy.r

http://www.rebol.org/cgi-bin/cgiwrap...anner&form=yes

proxy.r got me thinking about how one might use and adapt such a free thing to the Anti-Phorm armory, that stopping javascript and replacing adsense ad's with your own personal ads got me thinking.

if some good scriptor can adapt it, we might get a really good Anti-Phorm free "end users" run ad service using P2p (innovate not stagnate, [Muticast P2p tunnels through Unicast web] ) and a little of your upload bandwidth to pass the ads around.

unicast P2p webservers already exist, so why not our own free ad services too?, carrying help the aged, community wireless projects, and other free and werthy causes to kill off the commercial cashflow intake valve.

most people dont want to see ads OC, but it might be worth
overriding any commercial ads with free ads even if most block them anyway.

the commercial Phorm type ads are working hard in the background intercepting all your webpages and makeing Unlawful derivative works, but if the users are killing off javascript to the (injected)ads and replacing them with community free ads, their flogging a dead horse or did i forget something?

for those that dont normally block, they are still helping to zerofeed the commercial webwise network......
Advertisement
Old 14-06-2008, 14:38   #8882
davethejag
Inactive

davethejag has a spectacular aura about themdavethejag has a spectacular aura about themdavethejag has a spectacular aura about themdavethejag has a spectacular aura about them

[QUOTE=Dephormation;34575319]Helped by a bit of inspiration from Alex, I've created an automatic MP letter generator. Simply enter your name, address, post code and a simple and direct letter about Phorm is written for you. All you have to do is print and send;

http://www.dephormation.org.uk/letters/

Printed, Signed and posted to David Cameron my MP!

Dave.
Old 14-06-2008, 14:41   #8883
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharrick View Post
This look sufficient?
You missed the mention of around 300 servers to do the customers on phorm that are not needed without phorm. Plus the extra power they would consume plus the footprint they would leave. Liberal are supposed to be green
Old 14-06-2008, 14:44   #8884
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privacy_Matters View Post
IMPORTANT

The Petition, http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ispphorm/, is not available at this time.

The site is down for maintenance, with no indication of when it will return.
It is working fine here.

Alexander Hanff
Old 14-06-2008, 14:47   #8885
Privacy_Matters
Inactive

Privacy_Matters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
It is working fine here.

Alexander Hanff
Back up here too.
Old 14-06-2008, 14:48   #8886
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Wow, whatever you do do not leave your browser open on Google AdWords account pages, firefox was using 2.4GB of RAM (1.8GB memory, 600MB swap).

Alexander Hanff
Old 14-06-2008, 15:29   #8887
vicz
Inactive

vicz is on a distinguished roadvicz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Superb work

Minor possible improvement* - Add "Rt. Hon. " before MP's name in their address block on the letter ("Right Honourable" being the correct proper way to address them in the address).

(*Very minor possible improvement on something which does a great job)
Pedants corner: Rt Hon is for Cabinet Ministers (strictly, Privy Council members) other MPs are just Honourable, unless they are bent MEPs, in which case they are Dishonourable. All right, I made the last bit up.
Old 14-06-2008, 15:39   #8888
Privacy_Matters
Inactive

Petition Banner:

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8...nbannerya9.gif

Dimensions: 468 (W) x 60 (H)

Filesize: 60kb

Ext: .gif (no compression)

Link this image to:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ispphorm/
Old 14-06-2008, 15:57   #8889
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephormation View Post
Helped by a bit of inspiration from Alex, I've created an automatic MP letter generator. Simply enter your name, address, post code and a simple and direct letter about Phorm is written for you. All you have to do is print and send;

http://www.dephormation.org.uk/letters/

Source code for web masters; http://www.dephormation.org.uk/letters/letters.zip. (no copyright, feel free to use and adapt)
Thank you for doing that, I will send the letter off to my MP Stuart Bell on Monday.
Old 14-06-2008, 16:09   #8890
mark777
Inactive

Services: 0.4 Mbps BB + Phone
mark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of light

Clearly BT and Phorm have been doing a publicity blitz in Parliament.

Could I suggest that as well as writing to your own MP, people also write to the MP's in surrounding constituencies. This would need to be done on a 'for your information' basis, as they cannot act for you.

It will ensure that we cover everyone, we don't want any gaps.

Also, pick 10 members of the House of Lords, at random, to copy your letters to?
Old 14-06-2008, 16:13   #8891
dav
Inactive

dav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of light

Any info on the PIA?
Is this likely to be released any time soon?
The last I heard was from Alexander who indicated that Simon Davies said it would be finished by Friday.
Old 14-06-2008, 16:32   #8892
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
IMPORTANT

The Petition, http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ispphorm/, is not available at this time.

The site is down for maintenance, with no indication of when it will return.
Is Back up and Running
Old 14-06-2008, 16:46   #8893
Privacy_Matters
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdadyslexia View Post
Is Back up and Running
I've had a few more problems getting in to it - constant time outs. This has been going on since they closed off for Maintenance earlier.
Old 14-06-2008, 17:01   #8894
SelfProtection
Inactive

SelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
I've had a few more problems getting in to it - constant time outs. This has been going on since they closed off for Maintenance earlier.
Parts of the site have been deactivated to reduce load, so it may be better to only use the site if actually signing the petition until it gets back to normal.
Old 14-06-2008, 17:01   #8895
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

another uninformed blogger putting the Pro Phorm case....
http://blackbeak.conversionchronicle...rns-around-bt/
Closed Thread