Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 12-02-2015, 13:16   #4441
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Ex Machina

9/10

Excellent directorial debut from Alex Garland.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-02-2015, 14:50   #4442
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

I have to ask: anyone seen Fifty Shades yet? Is it as crap as I've a) heard and b) expected?

Old 17-02-2015, 16:20   #4443
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Focus - New Will smith movie
9.5/10

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
I have to ask: anyone seen Fifty Shades yet? Is it as crap as I've a) heard and b) expected?

I've seen it just because i have an unlimited card so i try to watch everything and i was surprised that it was actually a good film if you forget about all the hype
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2015, 21:33   #4444
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

The Theroy Of Everything. 10/10 IMO. An excellent portrayal and accurate account of Professor Stephen Hawking, his life and his achievements
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2015, 20:35   #4445
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Just seen Avengers:Age of Ultron 3D - 8/10.

Very enjoyable, fight scenes get a bit busy, but definitely worth seeing.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2015, 20:37   #4446
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l saw a trailer earlier and it does look quite tasty l have to admit.
Old 23-04-2015, 20:41   #4447
pk1
cf.addict

Services: Sky Fibre Max Broadband, Sky Telephone, Sky Q 2TB
pk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to behold

Age of Ultron 9/10
pk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2015, 21:12   #4448
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Avengers: Age of Ultron

AWESOME
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2015, 21:35   #4449
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Fast and furious 7:

5/10

Pros: Good action scenes. The Rock is used well. Can't really see the join where they substituted a stunt double after Paul Walker's death. Nathalie Emmanuelle looks good..

Cons: Pretty much everything else.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2015, 22:09   #4450
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Fast and furious 7:

5/10

Pros: Good action scenes. The Rock is used well. Can't really see the join where they substituted a stunt double after Paul Walker's death. Nathalie Emmanuelle looks good..

Cons: Pretty much everything else.
It was actually Walker's brothers that were used for some scenes and the final scene in the car was a CG Paul.

I really liked the film although you can tell where they seemed to changed the story as it all gets too silly.

Avenger:Age Of Ultron 9/10 - Blooming brilliant.
Old 25-04-2015, 23:53   #4451
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Jupiter Ascending 6/10
Its watchable.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 19:55   #4452
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Oblivion on Netflix - 6/10.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 05:46   #4453
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Spooks: The Greater Good - 9/10

As a massive fan of the show I was gutted when it ended so I've been really looking forward to this. Game of Thrones' Kit Harrington plays the Tom/Adam/Lucas lead which surprised me and obviously Harry is back too. Only a small handful of previous characters show up but there's one VERY pleasing cameo, I won't spoil it but for fans of the show you will definitely smile when this individual shows up

If you've never seen Spooks you probably won't be as enthusiastic about the film, you'll probably still enjoy it though but some parts are a bit too quick to be understood for people who never got in to the show. It doesn't compare very well on a visual level with Bourne, 24 etc as there is only one explosion etc so it relies on the storyline and performance from the actors which works really well. Some very unexpected deaths and plot twists shake things up nicely.

Left open for a potential sequel which is good as I doubt the show will ever return. Disappointed they didn't use the theme at the end though!

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 07:32   #4454
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Spooks: The Greater Good - 9/10

I thought this would be the case for a fan of the show.
I went to see this not ever seeing the tv show before and i didn't think it stood up as a movie in it's own right.
The acting was top notch but it just watched like a long episode of the tv show which is great for fans of the show but not for anyone who hasn't seen it .

5.5/10
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 09:55   #4455
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Project Almanac - 6/10. Enjoyable enough and not boring but not the greatest time traveller out there by any means. But 50/50 on this found footage style of film. This views a lot like Chronicle did but a different story. Worth a watch if you've got nothing in mind in my opinion.

---------- Post added at 09:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Kingsman: The secret service - 9/10

Utterly impressive. Great cast, great action and humour. My only gripe was the silly dress sense and lisp that Sam Jackson had.
I hope this got enough to warrant a sequel completely brilliant from start to finish, not as stupid as Johnny English and not as serious as Bond. The church scene is easily one of the most insane fight scenes I've seen in a movie in years, Colin Firth really nailed it.