Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Relieving COVID-19 lockdown boredom

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Relieving COVID-19 lockdown boredom

Old 02-05-2020, 11:00   #46
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Relieving COVID-19 lockdown boredom

I managed to get out of bed and do nothing!!!

That is extremely important to me seeing i get a full weekend off of not working my ass off, although the lawn mower is staring at me!
Old 02-05-2020, 12:05   #47
Eastendersfan
cf.member

Eastendersfan is an unknown quantity at this point

I retired from work just before the lockdown began. I hoped to go out and do loads of outdoor stuff but I've stuck indoors ever since. However, to my eternal surprise I find that I am actually coping well. I am working on my blog and watching loads of tv. I never got time to watch TV while I worked so I am certainly making up for lost time. However I think the key to getting through this period is to have a structure to your day
Eastendersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 12:19   #48
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

The entire garden fence has had two coats of wood preserver (been doing a panel a night over the past three to four weeks Still another coat to do.

The garden table and chairs have had three coats of wood preserver.

Fishpond has been emptied and refilled with all of the detritus removed.

Next job big job will be to valet both of the cars. Then my and SWMBOs motorbikes will be wheels off and cleaned within an inch of their lives.

Driveway and rear patios to be cleaned, filled and sealed (hating this job)

Considering trying to build myself a new office desk (living edge, epoxy)
Old 02-05-2020, 12:34   #49
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Still going in to work here providing PPE, consumables and equipment to care homes, surgeries and carers.

We got our first allocation of PPE from the PHE network last monday - 5 pallets of aprons and 1 pallet of gloves. That didn't go very far and I had to ration it.

Fortunately I have 11 pallets of gloves ( over half a million ) coming on Monday along with 3 more pallets of aprons. This will hopefully restock our regulars and enable us to serve other enquiries.

My service guys are even managing to do some service work on hoists etc. by erecting a gazebo outside the homes and working outside.

My wife is doing some part time work at Asda and it's good to have my son home from his RAF base - he's been home 5 weeks now.
Old 02-05-2020, 13:27   #50
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Good to hear - where is your son based?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 13:28   #51
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
The entire garden fence has had two coats of wood preserver (been doing a panel a night over the past three to four weeks Still another coat to do.

Next job big job will be to valet both of the cars. Then my and SWMBOs motorbikes will be wheels off and cleaned within an inch of their lives.

I could watch paint dry during lock down just reading this!

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 13:58   #52
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I could watch paint dry during lock down just reading this!

All jobs I’ve prior been putting off doing on the evenings (where possible) & weekends

I’d normally be out on the bike but of course that’s not happening at the moment.

The living edge desk will be an interesting challenge
Old 02-05-2020, 14:06   #53
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Good to hear - where is your son based?
Leeming - up the road from you
Old 02-05-2020, 15:37   #54
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post

Still writing university essays for a couple more weeks, but once that's out of the way I suspect my days will come to resemble yours ... so many domestic DIY chores that have been building up and now, fewer excuses not to do them.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 16:19   #55
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Still writing university essays for a couple more weeks, but once that's out of the way I suspect my days will come to resemble yours ... so many domestic DIY chores that have been building up and now, fewer excuses not to do them.
If you need to call upon my expertise at finding good excuses not to do DIY i'm right here
Old 02-05-2020, 16:27   #56
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

On a nice Bank Holiday we would go to somewhere in Devon and Cornwall for the day although we do have a liking for Weymouth and Bournemouth as well.
Old 02-05-2020, 16:31   #57
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Think we are all feeling the strain of being locked up. I pass the time after the housework is up to date, by listening to country music on the FB page as some of the artists are putting their music on line that used to play around the Glasgow Area. Night time I watch any good drama that I like on T V or watch Netflix. I knit a lot so that keeps me going too. Really miss going out, like everyone else
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 18:19   #58
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Loads of gardening until to-day when the weather changed.

Unfortunately I have found a new pass time to-day. Learning to whistle through the very large gap between my 2 front teeth and spending hours on the phone trying to track down a dentist who can mend/replace the half of the crown that fell off this morning.. John is finding my lisp most amusing. I may hide his dentures if he doesn't stop laughing.
Old 02-05-2020, 18:27   #59
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Loads of gardening until to-day when the weather changed.

Unfortunately I have found a new pass time to-day. Learning to whistle through the very large gap between my 2 front teeth and spending hours on the phone trying to track down a dentist who can mend/replace the half of the crown that fell off this morning.. John is finding my lisp most amusing. I may hide his dentures if he doesn't stop laughing.
Sorry to hear of your crown falling off jo as l hope you can get a appointment with a dentist as this was the advice from the British Dental association regarding dental treatments and care during Covid 19.

https://bda.org/advice/Coronavirus/Pages/patients.aspx
Old 02-05-2020, 18:46   #60
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Sorry to hear of your crown falling off jo as l hope you can get a appointment with a dentist as this was the advice from the British Dental association regarding dental treatments and care during Covid 19.

https://bda.org/advice/Coronavirus/Pages/patients.aspx
Thanks for the link Den. Spent most of the afternoon trying to sort something out but as it is not classed as an emergency and is regarded as a cosmetic treatment it looks like I will have to wait until Dentist can return to normal. If I was in pain or had an infection the Dentist could give me a prescription but nothing else can be done for the foreseeable future until routine dental treatments are available.

snippet from Den's link
Quote:
The personal protective equipment dentists wear when using high-speed tools is currently required by hospitals treating coronavirus patients. Without this equipment dentists, hygienists, therapists and nurses are not safe to treat patients as normal.
To be honest I would rather the PPE be used to save lives. Just hoped that it could have been sorted with a spot of glue.