Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 21:29   #13621
philj
Inactive

philj will become famous soon enoughphilj will become famous soon enoughphilj will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by philj View Post
Anyone sent a copy of the diagram to PrivateEye?

PHil
I've sent one

Philj
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2008, 21:52   #13622
bluecar1
Inactive

Services: No DPI Kit snooping on USERS
bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

https://89.145.112.52/

??
Old 10-08-2008, 21:54   #13623
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Please don't post random links without saying what they are!
Old 10-08-2008, 21:57   #13624
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Wherever that link was to Bluecar it tripped PeerGuardian and is showing as a Phorm IP
Old 10-08-2008, 22:09   #13625
bluecar1
Inactive

bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

sorry, it is a beta oix site i came across

peter
Old 10-08-2008, 22:16   #13626
JackSon
Inactive

Services: Freeview, BT Ultrafast Fibre 2
JackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
Oh the Irony!
Old 10-08-2008, 22:20   #13627
madslug
Inactive

madslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
sorry, it is a beta oix site i came across
At least it is UK hosted
Old 10-08-2008, 22:21   #13628
bluecar1
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSon View Post
Oh the Irony!
yep i know, an oix website with a phorm ssl cert but no attached dns tag so not sure where it sits in the grand plan, but probably something to do with advertisers login or channel partners

peter
Old 10-08-2008, 22:23   #13629
phormwatch
Inactive

phormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enough

RE: https://89.145.112.52/

I can't connect to it at all. Can anyone else still access it? Is it my hosts file blocking it, perhaps, or have they stopped accepting connections?
Old 10-08-2008, 22:26   #13630
philj
Inactive

philj will become famous soon enoughphilj will become famous soon enoughphilj will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by phormwatch View Post
RE: https://89.145.112.52/

I can't connect to it at all. Can anyone else still access it? Is it my hosts file blocking it, perhaps, or have they stopped accepting connections?
yep I get the security cert. warning

Phil
Old 10-08-2008, 22:28   #13631
JackSon
Inactive

Services: Freeview, BT Ultrafast Fibre 2
JackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to behold

Sorry, Phormwatch I can't confirm either way. I refused to accept the dodgy cert and left it at that. It is run by Gyron in London I believe, resolves to a very odd hostname of as29107.net. The dodgy cert claims it is Phorm owned so I suppose there is the possibility of it being a channel server for OIX. If you hosts file is blocking it it's probably for the best.
Old 10-08-2008, 22:36   #13632
bluecar1
Inactive

you get a page with a banner saying OIX and a little beta tag if you accept the dodgy cert.

the reason you get the cert error is accessing the site via ip not dns name, but the site is clearly OIX yet has a phorm cert, issued by godaddy

yet another example of good safe practices by phorm
Old 10-08-2008, 22:49   #13633
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Jones View Post
Now that is timely. The article focusses on the DBERR, formerly the Department of Twiddling and Inaction/Trade and Industry. Our friends that are coming under fire from their noble Lords, the Baroness Miller and Lord Northesk. Let's hit them from the citizenry end too with FOI requests.

Good to see a ruling from the Tribunal forcing them to come clean about who lobbies them and how, and who they talk to and when etc. That is very good news for us. If Phorm is just about commercial advantage, then the DBERR can't really refuse to divulge any lobbying or conversations about the system. So the only grounds for refusal to divulge contacts between DBERR and Phorm will have to be more substantial. Which will tell us a lot.

The FOI focus needs now to focus on DBERR and what they did and didn't know about Phorm, and who they did and didn't talk to about Phorm and when.

snip

So - what questions should we be asking of the DBERR? I imagine that we could take the Lord's questions as a guide.

snip
Bump - anyone interested in giving me info for this? I'll do the donkey work and send it in. Sooner the better, hit them while they're reeling from the Tribunal ruling.
Old 10-08-2008, 23:06   #13634
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Do we know if anyone met them from Phorm to attempt to slip in without legal prosicution.
Old 10-08-2008, 23:13   #13635
bluecar1
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Jones View Post
Bump - anyone interested in giving me info for this? I'll do the donkey work and send it in. Sooner the better, hit them while they're reeling from the Tribunal ruling.
as the tribunal ruling was relating to lobbying

i would assume the best way forward is ask for details of any meeting with the three pr agencies and dberr relating to phorm or webwise

and poss a second one relating to details of any meeting with the phorm or BT and dberr relating to webwise

then home in on anything interesting you get in response

peter
Closed Thread