Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 15:13   #13306
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
seen my reply on BT?

bet i get no reply

peter
Well it did occur to me that there a whole host of legitimate topics related to Phorm/Webwise, that could have their own threads on BT Beta forums. Just needs people to start them -not mentioning Webwise of course, but using appropriate text hyperlinks to useful sites like inphormation desk or the phorm demo leaflets etc.

Closing down the BT Beta forum thread on copyright smacks of desperation to me. Probably an encouraging sign though when you think about it. Obviously a topic that needs resurrecting - now where's my thesaurus, must look up "copyright" and see how many synonyms I can find...

I see they have removed another thread about a delayed product launch that someone (not me) started in the Innovations forum, in response to Gavin Patterson's prediction that trials of Webwise would start in 2weeks. That one hasn't just been locked, it's been removed.

Sounds like the hatchets are out. Reinforcements needed.

If you have a BT account (phone line or Broadband or BT Vision or any of their other products) then do feel free to pop over to BT Beta forums, register using your BT account number, and suggest new topics for discussion. Be aware that your real name initially will appear but you can then edit it in your personal details to anything you like.
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2008, 15:25   #13307
phormwatch
Inactive

phormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
I don't subscribe to that one so cannot see anything.
That's strange... neither do I. Anyway:
Quote:
BT’s blues

Published: July 31 2008 09:22 | Last updated: July 31 2008 13:11

Ian Livingston’s first set of results as BT’s chief executive received a downbeat reception. The former incumbent’s shares fell 12 per cent in what was the company’s largest daily drop since the telecommunications bubble popped in early 2000. Mr Livingston, who only took over in June, has set out some sensible-looking strategic priorities, focusing on better customer service as a path to cost savings and ways to make BT more agile. But they have yet to grab investors. BT has almost halved in value since last year’s peak, under-performing France Telecom by 41 per cent, Deutsche Telekom by 40 per cent and Telefónica by 36 per cent.

Investors were disappointed on three levels. First, margins at the earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation level within the group’s fast-growing business services division (long-term contracts to supply big companies and governments with global networks), came in at 9.5 per cent, some 170 basis points below consensus forecasts. Second, even though Mr Livingston affirmed his full-year free cash flow forecast of £1.4bn, a weak first quarter leaves room for doubt. Lastly, BT’s pension surplus, which hit £1.4bn in June 2007, swung into a £600m deficit, reversing some of the progress of the Ben Verwaayen era.

Furthermore, in the areas that BT and Vodafone have recently been weakest – in business services and Spain, respectively – others have been solid. France Telecom, for example, which released its first-half results on Thursday, turned in a strong performance at its Orange business services unit in the UK. It also did not chew dirt to the same extent as Vodafone in Spain, where its revenues rose 2.3 per cent on a comparable basis. Mr Livingston has inherited a company in much better shape than the one Mr Verwaayen took over in 2002. But the overall picture of a company straining to achieve only modest overall growth is hardly inspiring.
Old 05-08-2008, 15:51   #13308
Tarquin L-Smythe
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband BT Vision Sky
Tarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about themTarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about themTarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about themTarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about them

beware my browser is showing this as page 666 in this thread
Old 05-08-2008, 15:55   #13309
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by phormwatch View Post
Quote:
I don't subscribe to that one so cannot see anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ft.com
Ian Livingston’s first set of results as BT’s chief executive received a downbeat reception. The former incumbent’s shares fell 12 per cent in what was the company’s largest daily drop since the telecommunications bubble popped in early 2000. Mr Livingston, who only took over in June, has set out some sensible-looking strategic priorities, focusing on better customer service as a path to cost savings and ways to make BT more agile. But they have yet to grab investors. BT has almost halved in value since last year’s peak, under-performing France Telecom by 41 per cent, Deutsche Telekom by 40 per cent and Telefónica by 36 per cent.
copyright FT, though this is an extract from the article not the entire thing. You should get the jist.
Old 05-08-2008, 16:02   #13310
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

thanks all to add to that BT have sent out threats to pensioners. The threat is if BT go out of business there will n ot be enough to pay the pensioners so would have their private pensions reduced by 3/4 as they would have to sell it off to the insurance..

If this happens BT has failed due to not listening to cusatomers, managment paying themsleves too high a wage board directors who were just simple yes men letting BT do as it pleased, after all when one guy gets a pay rise over £100,000 they are not doing their job when a MP gets £60,000 for just 9 meetings it isnt correct....
Old 05-08-2008, 16:18   #13311
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all
Thumbs down Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Jones View Post
Closing down the BT Beta forum thread on copyright smacks of desperation to me. Probably an encouraging sign though when you think about it.
Certainly does. "Engine-room full up to boilers".
Quote:
I see they have removed another thread about a delayed product launch that someone (not me) started in the Innovations forum, in response to Gavin Patterson's prediction that trials of Webwise would start in 2weeks. That one hasn't just been locked, it's been removed.
Shame. I thought that was an interesting thread too... The suspense was killing me, and the laughter left my sides in agony.

So now you're barely allowed to talk to BT about public announcements made by a BT Director, in front of the BT Chairman, BT Shareholders, and Press at a BT AGM?

That's a healthy state of affairs is it not?
Old 05-08-2008, 16:20   #13312
bluecar1
Inactive

Services: No DPI Kit snooping on USERS
bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
thanks all to add to that BT have sent out threats to pensioners. The threat is if BT go out of business there will n ot be enough to pay the pensioners so would have their private pensions reduced by 3/4 as they would have to sell it off to the insurance..

If this happens BT has failed due to not listening to cusatomers, managment paying themsleves too high a wage board directors who were just simple yes men letting BT do as it pleased, after all when one guy gets a pay rise over £100,000 they are not doing their job when a MP gets £60,000 for just 9 meetings it isnt correct....
i can see HM Gov allowing BT to go bust, the same as they couldn't allow northen rock to go bust.

that just sounds like BT trying to scare people so they can raid the pension piggy bank and say we warned you, rather than putting their house in order dumping phorm and doing some proper investment

shame on you BT, i hope a few pensioners put in a claim for distress etc caused by that announcement

peter
Old 05-08-2008, 16:42   #13313
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads

Just to let you guys know that I have been banned from the BT Beta forums, so if anyone is going to keep that forum Webwise thread going you will need to get busy because I won't be there until further notice. If anyone with a BT account wants to PM me and get details of the moderation team address or anything I'll happily comply.

I've decided also to pull out of the BT peer support Usenet internal BT newsgroups as a protest which will be sad, as I have posted there for years.
Old 05-08-2008, 16:50   #13314
phormwatch
Inactive

phormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enough

R Jones-

There is no practical way they can prevent you from posting. You don't need a BT account in order to sign up to the forum, and if they ban you by IP, you can always use a proxy.

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

What was the stated reason for banning you?
Old 05-08-2008, 17:07   #13315
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Just to let you guys know that I have been banned from the BT Beta forums, so if anyone is going to keep that forum Webwise thread going you will need to get busy because I won't be there until further notice. If anyone with a BT account wants to PM me and get details of the moderation team address or anything I'll happily comply.

I've decided also to pull out of the BT peer support Usenet internal BT newsgroups as a protest which will be sad, as I have posted there for years.

Was you banned for this
Quote:
There are a number of Internet/ISP topics that might be worthy of wider discussion in their own right. I wonder how many I can think of?

Maybe we need quite a number of new threads to cover them, of course, making sure that we don't mention the W or P words.
Old 05-08-2008, 17:12   #13316
Rchivist
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by phormwatch View Post
R Jones-

There is no practical way they can prevent you from posting. You don't need a BT account in order to sign up to the forum, and if they ban you by IP, you can always use a proxy.

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

What was the stated reason for banning you?
I know!
Old 05-08-2008, 17:36   #13317
Tarquin L-Smythe
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband BT Vision Sky
Tarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about themTarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about themTarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about themTarquin L-Smythe has a spectacular aura about them

Robert no doubt you were told as I was that it their forum is gagging freedom of speech a healthy thing for the BT moderators to be getting involved with but then again it is Phorm we are talking about here.
Old 05-08-2008, 17:40   #13318
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

.....and on that note.....

I'm going to remind everybody that dragging problems encountered in one online forum into another online forum is generaly considered extremely bad Phorm.

If you have a problem with any other site then please take it up with the site's owners, don't bring those problems here.

Thank you.
Old 05-08-2008, 17:57   #13319
Florence
Inactive

Sorry Rob M

Back on topic it is nice to see Congress getting tough on the data pimping now we just need our government to get of their backsides and notice..
Old 05-08-2008, 17:58   #13320
Wildie
Inactive

Wildie will become famous soon enoughWildie will become famous soon enoughWildie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Sorry Rob M

Back on topic it is nice to see Congress getting tough on the data pimping now we just need our government to get of their backsides and notice..
but they all on a summer break just like the kids are oh could they be one of the same
Closed Thread