Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 22:44   #13576
philj
Inactive

philj will become famous soon enoughphilj will become famous soon enoughphilj will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Just emailed NSPCC for their take on this regarding the safety of their site and children online

phil
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2008, 23:33   #13577
SelfProtection
Inactive

SelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by philj View Post
Just emailed NSPCC for their take on this regarding the safety of their site and children online

phil

If recent events hadn't made me slightly paranoid I'd have ignored the possible link between the possible financial Plights of Nebuad & Phorm & this recent Spam Explosion.

http://www.computerworld.com/action/...c=news_ts_head
Old 10-08-2008, 00:14   #13578
lardycake
Inactive

lardycake is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Jones View Post
... Anyone interested in doing a Website copyright version of the Phorm flyer?
What a good idea, that company will get headlines.

There is this (by phormwatch) openletter which covers the issues from the point of view of a business.
Old 10-08-2008, 00:36   #13579
philj
Inactive

philj will become famous soon enoughphilj will become famous soon enoughphilj will become famous soon enough

Phorm share price going up

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=PHRX.L

Up 816.67 (63.64%)

something going on ?

Phil
Old 10-08-2008, 00:46   #13580
madslug
Inactive

madslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfProtection View Post
If recent events hadn't made me slightly paranoid I'd have ignored the possible link between the possible financial Plights of Nebuad & Phorm & this recent Spam Explosion.

Oh, don't even suggest such things. The world is much more innocent than that.

However, the level of spam is such that I have not yet had the usual acknowledgment from netcraft for the spam emails I forwarded to them from my little honey traps. Each day I have received many of the CNN emails, and each one pointed to a different site - all around the world.
Just sent through 5 more copies on the CNN phishing mail and each one pointed to a site that is not on the phishing list.

So much for someone offering 'free phishing protection' - what a scam if compromised websites are not on the list. I have seen com1.ru in a few mails - looks like they belong to agava.com who sell anti-spam and firewalls.

It is just so easy to harvest the logon details of anyone using cPanel if you have access to the data stream. Where was I reading about the botnet software being sold that leaves a backdoor open to send all the click stream back to mama?

Just a thought for the techies. If someone who is phormed gets harvested by a botnet. The DPI system is protected by only being open to a restricted range of IP addresses.
Now there is a botnet, with a backdoor, passing through the DPI system ....

I do hope that someone employs a security expert very soon.
Old 10-08-2008, 00:46   #13581
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all

This Kristos group... Jesus believes in the miracles of Collagen weight loss, Xango Juice, amongst many others.

So why is a domain registered to Kent Ertugrul (www.LucasDylan.com = 207.44.142.4 = yeshua.kristos.org) hosted on a Kristos server?

And what is Kent's link to David Crawford, and the Kristos business?

I'm off to bed. If someone wouldn't mind dropping a line to Emma Sanderson and friends, I'd be grateful. I'm sure its completely innocent, and BT's due diligence will assure me its all perfectly legal.

---------------------------------------------
COLLAGENWEIGHTLOSS.COM

Registrant:
The Kristos Group, LLC
P.O. Box 56189
Phoenix, Arizona 85079
United States

Domain Name: COLLAGENWEIGHTLOSS.COM
Created on: 08-Oct-02
Expires on: 08-Oct-08
Last Updated on: 08-Oct-07

Administrative Contact:
Crawford, David
The Kristos Group, LLC
P.O. Box 56189
Phoenix, Arizona 85079
United States
2063397286 Fax -- 2063397286

XANGO-JUICE.US

Domain Name: XANGO-JUICE.US
Domain ID: D4530911-US
Sponsoring Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar URL (registration services): whois.godaddy.com

Registrant Name: David Crawford
Registrant Organization: The Kristos Group, LLC
Registrant Address1: P.O. Box 56189
Registrant City: Phoenix
Registrant State/Province: Arizona
Registrant Postal Code: 85079
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Country Code: US

Old 10-08-2008, 00:58   #13582
madslug
Inactive

madslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the roughmadslug is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by philj View Post
Phorm share price going up

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=PHRX.L

Up 816.67 (63.64%)

something going on ?

Phil
Unlikely - on a deal of 200 shares.

It is interesting that these shares are holding the 2000 mark - are these the shares that were used to raise the finance this year, or is that the PHRM listed shares. There seems to be very little trade in the PHRX shares (no USA market?).

BTW - even though there were whispers here, this last week did not see the usual Friday share price rise. Maybe everyone followed the 'sell in May and go away' rule. On that basis, there will be a rise in price around the end of August.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:12   #13583
mark777
Inactive

Services: 0.4 Mbps BB + Phone
mark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephormation View Post
This Kristos group... Jesus believes in the miracles of Collagen weight loss, Xango Juice, amongst many others.

So why on earth is a domain registered to Kent Ertugrul (www.LucasDylan.com = 207.44.142.4 = yeshua.kristos.org) hosted on a Kristos server?

And what is Kent's link to David Crawford, and the Kristos business?

I'm off to bed. If someone wouldn't mind dropping a line to Emma Sanderson and friends, I'd be grateful. I'm sure its completely innocent, and BT's due diligence will assure me its all perfectly legal.

Pete

You must have made some sort of mistake here.

British Telecom. Virgin Media.

These companies are household names in the UK. There is no way they could have any business interest with another public company with a CEO mixed up with this.

The boards of these companies would never allow their brand names to be associated with such things.

These UK brand names would certainly perform due diligence investigations on any potential business alliance.

Wouldn't they?
Old 10-08-2008, 01:17   #13584
madslug
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephormation View Post
That is not the main xango site so he is probably doing no more than using xango to earn some money. Unless you are the brand owner, using something like DPI to promote the brand is not going to do you any good.

At the end of the day, the probability of a conspiracy is very high. Like most conspiracies there will be a lot of false leads. The ones to follow are the ones that can be tied into the money. The best list for those are the channels that can't be used by the advertisers. Now that you mention it: religion ...
Old 10-08-2008, 01:18   #13585
mark777
Inactive

mark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by madslug View Post
Just a thought for the techies. If someone who is phormed gets harvested by a botnet. The DPI system is protected by only being open to a restricted range of IP addresses.
Now there is a botnet, with a backdoor, passing through the DPI system ....

I do hope that someone employs a security expert very soon.

Household names. No way they could have failed to cover this issue.

Could they?
Old 10-08-2008, 01:39   #13586
SelfProtection
Inactive

SelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:

The Possible link to this is also CNN dot com & the way the analysis has been done on the Phorm System.

Question is if they "were or are " responsible for this Spam, it may well be due to the CEO's ego that CNN dot com was chosen as the link for the spam?

I'm off to bed got a headache & I hope I'm totally wrong!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:04   #13587
mark777
Inactive

Quote:
The Possible link to this is also CNN dot com & the way the analysis has been done on the Phorm System.

Question is if they "were or are " responsible for this Spam, it may well be due to the CEO's ego that CNN dot com was chosen as the link for the spam?

I'm off to bed got a headache & I hope I'm totally wrong!
I know it's easy to consider a lot of kit, supposedly doing nothing, sat on a very fast internet connection.

It's also easy to consider that the kit may have been supplied and fitted by a company with, let us just say, an "unfortunate" history.

It might also be possible to conceive that ex-employees might know a lot about this kit and that they might have "unfortunate" connections with people who cause lots of problems on the internet.

But it is absolutely inconceivable that household names like British Telecom and Virgin Media would have any connection with it, whatsoever.

Isn't it?
Old 10-08-2008, 03:01   #13588
phormwatch
Inactive

phormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enough

Pete-

Do you run any linux machines? Do you want to take over ownership of the entity-relationship diagram?
Old 10-08-2008, 06:15   #13589
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by lardycake View Post
What a good idea, that company will get headlines.

There is this (by phormwatch) openletter which covers the issues from the point of view of a business.
Thanks. The phormwatch letter will be flying off to Dublin next week. Just what I needed to highliight copyright issues to this particular company.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:40   #13590
Xerxes
Inactive

Xerxes is an unknown quantity at this point

To Philj

Wrong Phorm, this is the one you want PHRM.L

http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/deta...PHRM.L&it%3Dle
Closed Thread