Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV (2024)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin TV (2024)

Old 15-01-2024, 02:13   #31
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin TV (2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
So according to this, the earliest they could end the deal is 2026, not 2025. Media Boy is mistaken.
Just passing on info I was given.

Like I say all the time "I do not work for Virgin Media UK so all the information is still subject to change."

---------- Post added at 02:13 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
The licensing agreement expires in April 2036 but reportedly have the option to end it with one year notice after 10 or 20 years.
Any link?

All I can see this The licensing agreement expires in April 2036
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-01-2024, 08:11   #32
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

As for April 2036 last mentioned in Virgin Media O2 2021 annual report page 20
https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/wp-...ual-Report.pdf

I couldn't find it in their 2022 annual report

Mentioned on this link it can be terminated after 10 years with one year notice period

https://www.marketingweek.com/virgin...brands-future/

If it is anytime after 10 years rather than each 10 years , could terminated earlier than April 2026.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 15-01-2024 at 08:30.
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2024, 11:58   #33
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Sky Sports Red Button now on 360s - access from Sky Sports channels.
Old 18-01-2024, 00:30   #34
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

nothing to come to v6s?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2024, 01:11   #35
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
nothing to come to v6s?
No information on any thing new coming for V6, TV360 boxes.

But I have been told that "200+ Channels are set to be added" to Virgin Media Stream boxes within the next THREE weeks.

https://mediaboyukblog.blogspot.com/...ls-set-to.html

I did not even know about Sky Sports Red Button button launching via TV360 boxes until after it did happen.
Old 19-01-2024, 11:06   #36
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Can any Virgin Media Stream viewer tell me if I have the up to date Stream Channel list?

https://mediaboyukblog.blogspot.com/...60-lineup.html
Old 19-01-2024, 15:43   #37
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

BREAKING:

Viaplay Xtra to close on January 25th on Virgin Media UK. (And also Sky)
Old 20-01-2024, 15:13   #38
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Sky has confirmed that Sky Sports Tennis will have a SD Channel and a HD Channel from launch.

https://imageservice.sky.com/logo/skychb1285
https://imageservice.sky.com/logo/skychb1284

Links thanks to cillbill via DS Forum
Old 21-01-2024, 15:51   #39
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
BREAKING:

Viaplay Xtra to close on January 25th on Virgin Media UK. (And also Sky)
Obviously Virgin Media cannot control channel departures when channels decide to end broadcasting but VM never seems to add any new channels, thereby making their TV service of less and less value, despite the rip-off, inflation-busting price increases. I'm so glad that I've given notice to leave.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2024, 18:33   #40
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
Obviously Virgin Media cannot control channel departures when channels decide to end broadcasting but VM never seems to add any new channels, thereby making their TV service of less and less value, despite the rip-off, inflation-busting price increases. I'm so glad that I've given notice to leave.
I feel Virgin Media are only missing out on:

*SportyStuff TV HD
*B4U Plus
*BBC Two Northern Ireland HD (UK Wide)
*BBC Two Wales HD (UK Wide)
*CNN International HD
*DAZN 1 HD
*Discovery Turbo +1
*Food Network +1
*Quest Red +1
*Hobby Maker HD
*Jewellery Maker
*Heart 90s
*Heart Dance
*LBC News
*Craft Extra
*Create & Craft HD
*Islam Channel Bangla
*MUTV HD
*GREAT! action +1
*GREAT! movies +1
*GREAT! romance +1
*GREAT! tv +1
*POP Max
*POP Max +1
*POP +1
*Tiny Pop +1
*Virgin Radio UK
*Nick Jr. HD
*Nick Jr. +1
*Sky Atlantic HD
*Sky Atlantic +1
*Sky Cinema Premiere +1
*Sky Showcase +1
*Sky News Arabia
*Court TV
*That's 80s
*That's 90s
*That's TV 2
*TWR
*Boomerang HD
*WION
Old 21-01-2024, 19:29   #41
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
Replace them with what? TV channels are fast disappearing. Sky Atlantic is the only half-decent channel available we don’t get.

We need more streamers now. The only channels likely to be coming soon are FAST channels.

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
I feel Virgin Media are only missing out on:

*SportyStuff TV HD
*B4U Plus
*BBC Two Northern Ireland HD (UK Wide)
*BBC Two Wales HD (UK Wide)
*CNN International HD
*DAZN 1 HD
*Discovery Turbo +1
*Food Network +1
*Quest Red +1
*Hobby Maker HD
*Jewellery Maker
*Heart 90s
*Heart Dance
*LBC News
*Craft Extra
*Create & Craft HD
*Islam Channel Bangla
*MUTV HD
*GREAT! action +1
*GREAT! movies +1
*GREAT! romance +1
*GREAT! tv +1
*POP Max
*POP Max +1
*POP +1
*Tiny Pop +1
*Virgin Radio UK
*Nick Jr. HD
*Nick Jr. +1
*Sky Atlantic HD
*Sky Atlantic +1
*Sky Cinema Premiere +1
*Sky Showcase +1
*Sky News Arabia
*Court TV
*That's 80s
*That's 90s
*That's TV 2
*TWR
*Boomerang HD
*WION
Not very inspiring, MB. And you may like to cross the +1 channels off your list. Virgin won’t be going for any of those. They, too, are on their way out.
Old 21-01-2024, 22:05   #42
bluenosejak
cf.member

bluenosejak is an unknown quantity at this point

New poster but any idea if this will make the red button option in HD? I know in the past the red button EFL games have always been SD on Virgin!

I saw elsewhere it was going to similar to Sky ones too with stats, graphics etc similar to the Sky Sports App....
bluenosejak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2024, 01:05   #43
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenosejak View Post
New poster but any idea if this will make the red button option in HD? I know in the past the red button EFL games have always been SD on Virgin!

I saw elsewhere it was going to similar to Sky ones too with stats, graphics etc similar to the Sky Sports App....
360 has the new app and the replay clips are HD okay
Old 22-01-2024, 08:45   #44
garthy
cf.member

garthy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
360 has the new app and the replay clips are HD okay
Another newbie question
Will we finally gey the F1 red button options too?
garthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2024, 09:57   #45
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by garthy View Post
Another newbie question
Will we finally gey the F1 red button options too?
We'll find out in about five weeks