Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Scottish Football Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Scottish Football Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 20:11   #136
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Looks like injury list is lengthening for tomorrow Really looking forward to it though. Seen some amazing European nights at Celtic park including beating Barca, Man Utd, Juve, Milan etc. Can't see it tomorrow but will enjoy it none the less
I'm polishing my boots just in case.

I haven't worn my adidas George Best for a while but I'm glad I've kept them

....For we only know that there's gonny be a show and the Glasgow Celtic will be there
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2012, 20:14   #137
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
I'm polishing my boots just in case.

I haven't worn my adidas George Best for a while but I'm glad I've kept them

....For we only know that there's gonny be a show and the Glasgow Celtic will be there
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 13:27   #138
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

http://m.local.stv.tv/edinburgh/news...paid-tax-bill/

Quote:
Heart of Midlothian FC faces a winding up order from HM Revenue and Customs over an unpaid tax bill.

It is understood that the Tynecastle club is facing the action from HMRC over unpaid PAYE and National Insurance dating back several months, which is separate from their ongoing troubles with the tax authority.
Not paying taxes, financial doping by having players they can't afford? Div3 for you, while you're at it strip anything they have won recently (shouldn't take long)

All in the name of sporting integrity of course.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 14:17   #139
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
http://m.local.stv.tv/edinburgh/news...paid-tax-bill/

Not paying taxes, financial doping by having players they can't afford? Div3 for you, while you're at it strip anything they have won recently (shouldn't take long)

All in the name of sporting integrity of course.
you really are a bitter bitter man

I think rangers deserves your support
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 14:28   #140
Derek
Inactive

Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
you really are a bitter bitter man
Once upon a time I might have been sympathetic. Now I just laugh when i think of how every other team lined up to kick Rangers when they were down.

Remember everything is fine in the SPL, crowds are increasing, teams are making money and the standard of football has never been higher.
Old 07-11-2012, 14:31   #141
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Once upon a time I might have been sympathetic. Now I just laugh when i think of how every other team lined up to kick Rangers when they were down.

Remember everything is fine in the SPL, crowds are increasing, teams are making money and the standard of football has never been higher.
You make it sound like scottish football was all rosy, until rangers left.

You seem to forget scottish football has been dying for years, and rangers was never the reason. Merely another aspect.
Old 07-11-2012, 16:01   #142
LondonRoad
Inactive

LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
You make it sound like scottish football was all rosy, until rangers left.

You seem to forget scottish football has been dying for years, and rangers was never the reason. Merely another aspect.
It's great this season. Cheating is down massively
Old 07-11-2012, 23:05   #143
Derek
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
It's great this season. Cheating is down massively
Referees not against you this year?

Looks like hearts initial defiance and insistence that this was just a minor bump might not be the case after all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20241385

Quote:
Hearts are warning fans the club might not survive until the end of the month after receiving a winding-up order over a tax bill of almost £450,000.
The Edinburgh club issued a plea for "emergency backing" from supporters to avoid the prospect of administration.
"This isn't a bluff, this isn't scaremongering, this is reality," read a statement from Hearts.
"Without the support of fans there is a real risk that Hearts could possibly play its last game on 17 November."
£450,000 for not paying PAYE or NI. Now what was it the 'independant' panel said about Craig Whyte not paying Rangers PAYE and NI? That the only thing worse was match fixing and a fine of £100,000 was chucked their way.

I'm waiting with baited breath for the same thing to happen to Hearts, I think I may be waiting a long time though. More likely it'll be another transfer ban that only applies outwith the transfer window.
Old 07-11-2012, 23:22   #144
LondonRoad
Inactive

Not sure what point you're trying to make because I've had a couple of sherbets watching Celtic improve Scotland's European status by beating Barca in Glasgow. (didn't actually read it because you're coming across as a delusional, hurting supporter of Sevco to be honest)

Anyhow... if the point you're trying to make is that Hearts are being treated unfairly because they're being liquidated for owing HMRC a six figure sum whereas the team you previously supported didn't get liquidated until they owed an eight figure sum then you're quite right..... the Rangers weren't punished early enough...

..anyhow great boost for Scottish football tonight wasn't it?

Champions of Scotland beating the team that are widely recognised as the best football team in world..... and from your own city too... you must feel the pride coursing through your veins like I do.

With a four leaf clover on my breast,
And the green and white upon my chest,
It's such a joy for us to see
and our fans didn't wreck the whole citeeee....
Old 08-11-2012, 07:11   #145
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Just the best night ever, the fans, the team, the manager, doesn't get any better. Seen us beat Barca in 04, seen us beat Juve, Milan, Man Utd, Liverpool, Lyon etc but this was the ultimate. So proud. Was my daughters first group stage march in CL, she couldn't make Benfica, she was in tears when the second one went in. Thanks Celtic for helping giving a memory I will always have with my girl. Love you x
Old 08-11-2012, 07:20   #146
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Just the best night ever, the fans, the team, the manager, doesn't get any better. Seen us beat Barca in 04, seen us beat Juve, Milan, Man Utd, Liverpool, Lyon etc but this was the ultimate. So proud. Was my daughters first group stage march in CL, she couldn't make Benfica, she was in tears when the second one went in. Thanks Celtic for helping giving a memory I will always have with my girl. Love you x
lucky white heather to have that as first match, or is that lucky green 4 leaf clover
Old 08-11-2012, 07:54   #147
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Well done Henke to Celtic for giving such a wonderful performance last night and even though l am a Liverpool supporter l still like to see all the British teams do well in Europe no matter what persuasion they are.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:06   #148
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Cheers lads, good luck 2nite Den

Old 08-11-2012, 10:51   #149
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes a win tonight Henke would put us in a very good position.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:59   #150
Derek
Inactive

Time to show a proper card display rather than a couple of plastic bags being held up.
It's just a pity the cannon didn't quite have the range to reach the East end, might have done several thousand pounds worth of improvements to celtic park.

In other news the SPL continues to boom with two SFL games had higher attendances than any of SPL games played yesterday, none of which could get over 5,000 customers through their gates.

Tick, tock SPL...