Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Will Scotland Leave the UK?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Old 20-09-2014, 01:53   #2461
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

So Alex Salmond was right after all, Scotland CAN still use the pound after September 18th
Old 20-09-2014, 05:29   #2462
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

First broken promise of the new 'era' then.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0796.JPG (44.3 KB, 37 views)

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 07:40   #2463
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Westminster better deliver on the new powers pronto. Forget all to the politics. The rest of the UK can be addressed after this powers are timetabled and on course though Parliament. The damage that would be done by going back on it now would be immense.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 07:52   #2464
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Westminster better deliver on the new powers pronto. Forget all to the politics. The rest of the UK can be addressed after this powers are timetabled and on course though Parliament. The damage that would be done by going back on it now would be immense.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-...itics-29289035

Quote:
Thursday's result has already seen significant disagreement over the timing and extent of further devolution.

Labour leader Ed Miliband has made it clear that he is not likely to sign up to Prime Minister David Cameron's proposals to give new powers to English MPs.

He instead wants a nationwide constitutional convention to come up with ideas, convening next autumn.

Prime Minister David Cameron is proposing a system where only MPs from England would vote on English issues in Parliament.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 08:33   #2465
Mr Angry
Inactive

Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars

The unfortunate reality is that this "pledge" or "vow" - which appeared first on the front page of a newspaper - was not based on any existing party policy but is a supposed committment of three individual political party leaders acting in concert.

From the Indy.

Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'

"Some Conservative MPs, who want the Prime Minister to go further by setting up an English Parliament, threatened to vote against extra powers for the Scottish Parliament unless he beefs up his proposals for England."
Mr Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 08:49   #2466
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Angry View Post
The unfortunate reality is that this "pledge" or "vow"
....sucked a lot of people in.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 09:06   #2467
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
What about the union flag being burned, any comment on that?
Is that supposed to me in some way defend the ugly side of British nationalism? How pathetic!

I didn't vote no so that the neanderthal racists could drag the reputation of my city through the gutter after the fantastic PR we achieved during the Commonwealth Games.
I'll condemn any flag burning. I haven't noticed any reports of union flag burning from last night -so don't even know if that's a real image or it is from last night. I certainly wouldn't defend it, neither would I use at as a defence for the ugly side of British nationalism.
The images that I know to be real are from people I know and trust. One of them was an active NO campaigner. He was disgusted. As well as the usual anti-Irish rhetoric, there were chants of "no black in the Union Jack", and God save the Queen was accompanied by nazi salutes.

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 ----------

Quote:
The unfortunate reality is that this "pledge" or "vow" - which appeared first on the front page of a newspaper - was not based on any existing party policy but is a supposed committment of three individual political party leaders acting in concert.

From the Indy.

Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'

"Some Conservative MPs, who want the Prime Minister to go further by setting up an English Parliament, threatened to vote against extra powers for the Scottish Parliament unless he beefs up his proposals for England."
.... I suspect that my fears of a massive increase in Scottish nationalism are about to be realised.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 09:11   #2468
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I very much doubt we will see as large a participation in the next election if they don't come up with something that grabs attention..mind my usual cynical persona wouldn't trust any of the present leaders of any party to tell the truth anyway.
Old 20-09-2014, 10:08   #2469
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
I.
I'll condemn any flag burning. I haven't noticed any reports of union flag burning from last night -so don't even know if that's a real image or it is from last night.
It's not. It's from some demo in 2012 or thereabouts.

From my understanding the main instigators last night were a combination of SDL and other knuckle draggers who would have had a barney with each other if the Yes camp wasn't there.

No doubt a fair number of doors will be getting rattled some Friday morning in a few weeks.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 10:11   #2470
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Derek, I imagine you suffered the mother of all celebratory hangovers...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 10:21   #2471
LondonRoad
Inactive

LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post

From my understanding the main instigators last night were a combination of SDL and other knuckle draggers who would have had a barney with each other if the Yes camp wasn't there.

No doubt a fair number of doors will be getting rattled some Friday morning in a few weeks.
Yes campaigners were burning Union Flags a couple of years ago? What a lovely country I live in

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Derek, I imagine you suffered the mother of all celebratory hangovers...
Too busy with overtime Kerchang
Old 20-09-2014, 10:23   #2472
Mr Angry
Inactive

Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
It was taken by Andy Buchanan on Thursday 18th 2014 in George Square.
Mr Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 10:29   #2473
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:

Thank you
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 10:30   #2474
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Was it posed or genuine?
Old 20-09-2014, 10:32   #2475
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
Is that supposed to me in some way defend the ugly side of British nationalism? How pathetic!

I didn't vote no so that the neanderthal racists could drag the reputation of my city through the gutter after the fantastic PR we achieved during the Commonwealth Games.
I'll condemn any flag burning. I haven't noticed any reports of union flag burning from last night -so don't even know if that's a real image or it is from last night. I certainly wouldn't defend it, neither would I use at as a defence for the ugly side of British nationalism.
The images that I know to be real are from people I know and trust. One of them was an active NO campaigner. He was disgusted. As well as the usual anti-Irish rhetoric, there were chants of "no black in the Union Jack", and God save the Queen was accompanied by nazi salutes.

---------- Post added at 09:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 ----------

.... I suspect that my fears of a massive increase in Scottish nationalism are about to be realised.

Not at all, I abhor violence in any form, I just found it strange that you never commented on the Union Flag being set alight even though you did indeed see that image.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote