Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | A Touch of Cloth (Sky 1)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

A Touch of Cloth (Sky 1)

Old 27-08-2012, 23:16   #1
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
A Touch of Cloth (Sky 1)

A Touch of Cloth - Spoof crime drama from Charlie Brooker, starring John Hannah as DCI Jack Cloth and Suranne Jones as his new partner DC Anne Oldman.

Part one was on Sunday night on Sky 1, part two was tonight. It's up on Sky Go & Anytime, and is repeated later in the week on Sky 1 and Sky 2. It's also already been picked up for another two-parter for next year, with a feature-length story to be made after that.

I loved it. It took on all the standard crime drama cliches, and was filled with bad puns and loads of sight gags and background gags.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-08-2012, 13:01   #2
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Re: A Touch of Cloth (Sky 1)

I haven't caught up with part 2 yet but loved part 1
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 13:28   #3
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

I didn't think much of the trailer* but have set my Tivo for Friday's feature-length showing.

(I think I just didn't 'get it' at the time )
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 22:57   #4
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Why am I not laughing at this show? I know I should be but I'm just not finding it funny. The humour seems so contrived..
Old 02-09-2012, 23:26   #5
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
The humour seems so contrived..
I think that's the point
Old 03-09-2012, 06:44   #6
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Someone was a fan of Airplane, it was that style of humour. I liked it, but I can't really see it lasting long as most of the cliches have been done.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:02   #7
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
I think that's the point
Really? I think the best humour is the sort that catches you unawares.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:33   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I totally loved it. Very over the top and so much going on, even in the backgroud, that it requires more than one viewing.

So many cliches and puns that are so obvious you wonder why they haven't been done before in cop shows.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:32   #9
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

we really enjoyed it, as you say, lots of background things to see like posters on notice boards, the name of the pub the coppers go to and the picture on its sign, several pause and rewind moments
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:37   #10
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Must get around to watching it at some point!
Old 03-09-2012, 15:39   #11
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

I loved it, very rewatchable with some excellent nods to the naked gun and airplane films as well as ripping off almost every Police drama of recent times.

The Mrs hated every second of it though. No accounting for taste!
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 16:35   #12
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
I loved it, very rewatchable with some excellent nods to the naked gun and airplane films as well as ripping off almost every Police drama of recent times.

The Mrs hated every second of it though. No accounting for taste!
Perhaps we just like our humour rooted in reality.Heaven knows Life is funny enough without a script writer.