Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Happy Birthday to gulf4uk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Just got a new cat

Old 08-06-2014, 21:27   #1
Central

Services: Sky + HD family pack 50mb XXL Phone M Sutton Coldfield TX
Central is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of society
Just got a new cat

After the loss of my dog also best friend Misi last March. I have now decided to get a cat. No a replacement though.

He is a beautiful 2 year old male white and tabby.

So far he has made a cushion his and ate treats. But I suspect he will have to get his scent around and use to us. Patience is needed.

Here are a few pictures.

Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2014, 21:54   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Just got a new cat

OOH! Leather furniture! I hope you're not attached to it...
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 22:12   #3
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
The cat will be
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 22:37   #4
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

What a sweetie Central.

It never takes long for a cat to rub his scent over all the corners in a house to assert his ownership of your home.

If you haven't done so already get a tall scratching post. The tallest you can accommodate to let him stretch as much as possible. If you are lucky he will get a buzz from the scent of catnip and will enter cat nirvana and mine have all done the expected things such as
-- meow and roll in the catnip
-- rub their cheeks against the spot where catnip has been sprinkled
-- get into silly positions such as on their back with paws extended, gazing up at the ceiling
-- run around the room like a kitten playing with its invisible friend
-- settle into a dreamy, sleepy silly pose and not move for awhile.

Buy it dried or as a spray at your pet store/ amazon, if your cat doesn't react to catnip then try Valerian again from pet shops or on the net .. it has similar effects. A little rubbed/sprayed on the scratching post will ensure he uses that to condition his claws instead of your furniture.

I use the catnip spray that can be seen here and it has saved my furniture up to now.
Old 08-06-2014, 22:59   #5
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central View Post
After the loss of my dog also best friend Misi last March. I have now decided to get a cat. No a replacement though.

He is a beautiful 2 year old male white and tabby.

So far he has made a cushion his and ate treats. But I suspect he will have to get his scent around and use to us. Patience is needed.

Here are a few pictures.
lovely as it happens we have just adopted 3 cats from the neighbors who lost interest once they had got past the small cute and furry stage and entered the growing and need looking after stage .

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post

I use the catnip spray that can be seen here and it has saved my furniture up to now.
catnip makes my jack russel high
Old 08-06-2014, 23:17   #6
martin201002
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD sports and movies HD, sky fibre pro, ps4 and xbox one.
martin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of light

Never tried catnip, might do now I've read this.
martin201002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 00:00   #7
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

What a wee cutie.

I've had my cats five years now. So far leather sofa still intact. Lol
Old 09-06-2014, 01:36   #8
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

What a lovely cat Central, wishing him a long happy and healthy life enjoy your new pet he is truly a lovely looking cat and don't worry about the leather sofa my sis in law has a cat and leather sofa and so far no marks on the sofa and she has had the cat for 8 years now. On the other hand my leather sofa is scratched to bits with the DOG jumping off when he see's the post man.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:38   #9
martin201002
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD sports and movies HD, sky fibre pro, ps4 and xbox one.
martin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of light

My cats are more interested in scratching my walls, than the sofa.
martin201002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:37   #10
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin201002 View Post
Never tried catnip, might do now I've read this.
I grow several pots of it high on exterior walls. I get druggie cats sitting on our path demanding their daily fix all through the growing season. I also dry it in newspaper pouches for the winter.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 15:54   #11
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Only on a hot day
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 16:38   #12
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy View Post
Only on a hot day
Old 09-06-2014, 17:07   #13
solitaire
Inactive

solitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy View Post
Only on a hot day
I know what you mean, it's murder isn't it?
solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 17:10   #14
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

He's lovely

I'm sure you will enjoy each other company very much.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 17:30   #15
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Why cats are great.

http://imgur.com/a/rRhOW?gallery