Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Portable projector

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Moving from laptop to gaming PC

Old 20-09-2018, 18:55   #1
Lavant
Inactive

Lavant is an unknown quantity at this point
Moving from laptop to gaming PC

Hello!

I'm looking to sell my current laptop (Dell XPS 15, first model with the small bezels) and upgrade to a desktop. The XPS is powerful but can't keep my large workloads up without slowing down and getting noisy & hot (never has been able to). If I was to sell it, would I have to pay any taxes? I currently work self employed so declare my income myself which is why I am a bit confused - should I add this to my self assessment? I've looked around a tax calculator I found and got some numbers, but other than that it hasn't been a huge help.

Any advice? Thanks in advance
Lavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-09-2018, 19:10   #2
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack
Re: Moving from laptop to gaming PC

i would ignore the link in this post and don't press it as it's the person's first post !! ..

'' tax calculator ''

maybe a mod can check what's behind it first ?
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 19:30   #3
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfunkdup View Post
i would ignore the link in this post and don't press it as it's the person's first post !! ..

'' tax calculator ''

maybe a mod can check what's behind it first ?
Nothing wrong with the link. It's a basic tax calculator nothing more.

Not of any use to self employed though.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 00:11   #4
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Nothing wrong with the link. It's a basic tax calculator nothing more.

Not of any use to self employed though.
Thanks

I never realised that i can right click the HyperText link first and inspect it and find it's actually for https://www.income-tax.co.uk/

Would it not be possible for someone to post a HyperText link but it's actual destination is not the one the link describes.?

As an example : A user posts a Hypertext link describing something but in actual fact it's a link to maleware/ransomware
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 09:47   #5
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

if you just hover the mouse over it, it tells you in bottom left hand corner where it will go

i suppose you could register a domain name v similar to a real one, which would contain nasty things, with the assumption that ppl wouldn't notice the slight difference, but it will take you to where it says it will take you.

Last edited by admars; 21-09-2018 at 09:51.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote