Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are your best and worse TV ads?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

What are your best and worse TV ads?

Old 17-08-2011, 00:20   #271
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: What are your best and worse TV ads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My favourite ad has to be the impossible dream by Honda and the irritating ones for me are the Go Compare adverts and these nasty claims companies.
Think you'll like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZRp_9zGqHA

BTW, I saw that ad once in the Odeon Leicester Square. Yes, the vehicle noises are recorded using Dolby Digital surround sound, so the ad sounded absolutely amazing. Especially when the old and modern F1 cars pass the camera.

---------- Post added at 23:20 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

It's not on at the moment, but I think the Boots ad with the woman on their internet site is probably one of the funniest I have seen this year:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPJ4gAOYPxU
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-08-2011, 21:25   #272
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Think you'll like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZRp_9zGqHA

---------- Post added at 23:20 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

Love it, love it, love it!! If only for the song a Matt Monro classic!
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2011, 17:07   #273
zoro
Inactive

zoro is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate adds about loosing weight

And I apsolutly love adds with animals
zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2011, 10:01   #274
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

The Aldi fish fingers one is good. - Cute cat.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 20:49   #275
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

American Kia advert - Halo meets hamsters.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 20:29   #276
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

I think the Haribo sweet one is funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrGJ0vO_NXs
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 20:24   #277
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

The new Ikea ad has already got me cringing!!!!!!

Can't find it on Youtube but it's the one where they start throwing things at each other (pillows etc), can't stand it!!!!!!
Old 21-09-2011, 20:26   #278
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes another stupid advert and there are many of these around.
Old 28-09-2011, 14:16   #279
NO ONE
Inactive

Services: SKY DIG Sky+hd Mullity room(SKY WORLD) SKY BB MAX Sky talk L/r /Takl mobil PAY MO Freevew hd
NO ONE is on a distinguished roadNO ONE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to NO ONE

My Faveret Ads @ the momonet

Are The John Lewis Ad fet Sony tv 60/s 70/s 80/s & today sounss
Mark and spencer Feeting The Billy pual song Me and Miss Jones ad
Money supermaket .com with the Aps

the Wose Are go compne .compair Makert .com Aviva and Direct Line Ads
NO ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 20:32   #280
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

New Carlsberg ad (though no idea if it's going to be shown in the UK)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS3iB47nQ6E
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 20:45   #281
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

that stupid cheese snack advert ...chedds be cheddar with a puppet mouse ,irritates the hell out me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TruHBpRIAow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvPZBVy81hM
Old 28-09-2011, 20:57   #282
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

The go compere adds have made me hate them that much I will never use them ever

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 21:12   #283
Tinky
To err is human

One of my favourite ads at the mo - mainly because of the tune - McDonalds - Why do fools fall in love - Frankie Lymon and the teenagers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCwHz...eature=related
Old 29-09-2011, 09:54   #284
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Like the new Aldi dish washer one
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 16:42   #285
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
The go compere adds have made me hate them that much I will never use them ever
Sorry to say but there's a new one about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhFwk...eature=related
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote