Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 17-12-2018, 22:06   #5266
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
So if the British people vote to overturn the previous vote of the British people, the British people are breaking the faith of the British people?
Absolutely!

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The loser’s vote, which I will term the “well-informed vote” will be a more up to date reflection of democracy than the old one.
That’s only because we established several weeks ago that you were one of the that - by your own admission - didn’t understand what you were voting for.....

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

Quote:
I think crashing is the most appropriate word. It suggests uncontrolled, which is exactly what this is.
Nope there is a process we are following...........it is uncontrolled
Old 17-12-2018, 22:10   #5267
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Absolutely!

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

That’s only because we established several weeks ago that you were one of the that - by your own admission - didn’t understand what you were voting for.....
I think it is you who are the dunce. I’m sure you will not find me admitting that I didn’t understand my vote. My vote was to remain, which literally wasn’t a vote to do anything.

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

Quote:
Nope there is a process we are following...........it is uncontrolled
That’s what I said. Do you want to borrow a hat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman

I think crashing is the most appropriate word. It suggests uncontrolled, which is exactly what this is
Old 17-12-2018, 22:24   #5268
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The problem with petitions is that the social media echo chambers, on issues of national important, easily create tens of thousands/hundreds of thousands of signatures.
Funny that, just a couple of months ago the liked of 1andrew1 and Mr K held a lot of faith in petitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Happy now that you concur that they were talking bollocks.

Thanks for the clarification

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

Quote:
The EU will announce proposals this week which will keep planes in the air and goods flowing across the Channel until at least 2020.
Of course they ffff’n will, and all the project fear numbnuts that spouted that planes wouldn’t fly and there’ll be no medicine, or food, and the sun will implode, and dogs and cats living together may finally admit that they’re either very gullible or just of a nervous imposition.
Old 17-12-2018, 22:26   #5269
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Funny that, just a couple of months ago the liked of 1andrew1 and Mr K held a lot of faith in petitions.

Happy now that you concur that they were talking bollocks.

Thanks for the clarification
I’m not sure “talking bollocks” fits the continuous calls for posters to be respectful, but I’ll entertain your point.

One million people signing a petition is just that. More than the vast majority of petitions get, it indicates strong feeling on some level. However the nature of social media is that organised campaigns can achieve that kind of figure.
Old 17-12-2018, 22:26   #5270
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Corbyn threatens vote of no confidence in Government if not allowed vote on PM to be debated tomorrow.
He’s desperate to look like he’s doing something whilst doing nothing.......I can’t imagine an opposition leader being this inept.......but here he is.
Old 17-12-2018, 22:47   #5271
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
I’m not sure “talking bollocks” fits the continuous calls for posters to be respectful, but I’ll entertain your point.
It doesn't but it's Christmas.
Old 17-12-2018, 22:58   #5272
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
But she remains committed to her deal, and gets to stiff Rees-Mogg etc because no deal will be off the ballot once Parliament has had a say.

She can hand on heart stare down a TV camera and say she believes this is best for the country, delivers on the referendum result and the only way to achieve this is due to divisions in her party and the opposition is to have public support for it.

Why do you think she has been targeting people directly, and there are Government funded ads on social media “selling” her deal?
Quote:

One million people signing a petition is just that. More than the vast majority of petitions get, it indicates strong feeling on some level. However the nature of social media is that organised campaigns can achieve that kind of figure.
Makes you wonder who's playing who here, aiming at the 'gullible' on social media reminds me of all the accusations against Russia
Old 17-12-2018, 23:02   #5273
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
He’s desperate to look like he’s doing something whilst doing nothing.......I can’t imagine an opposition leader being this inept.......but here he is.
probably the worse leader labour ever had longing for a decent labour leader again
Old 17-12-2018, 23:09   #5274
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Makes you wonder who's playing who here, aiming at the 'gullible' on social media reminds me of all the accusations against Russia
Both sides can effectively use social media. The hard part is telling the truth
Old 17-12-2018, 23:09   #5275
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
probably the worse leader labour ever had longing for a decent labour leader again
As has been said before, he's the gift to the Conservative Party who keeps on giving be it Christmas, Easter or Spring.
Old 17-12-2018, 23:13   #5276
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
I think it is you who are the dunce. I’m sure you will not find me admitting that I didn’t understand my vote. My vote was to remain, which literally wasn’t a vote to do anything.
Well #4575

You came up with the old phrase “ that wasn’t On my ballot paper”. Which means you didn’t really understand what was on your ballot paper.

You can rebuff that assertion......but it’s a logical premise.

Quote:
That’s what I said. Do you want to borrow a hat?
Obviously a typo, I of course meant the process was controlled. I thought an intelligent person such as yourself would realise that.
Old 17-12-2018, 23:14   #5277
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Both sides can effectively use social media. The hard part is telling the truth
Truth? which fool brought that into the discussion?

I merely wondered if there were Government funded ads supporting the 'no deal' side of things . . . no need to answer, I guess we all know there isn't
Old 17-12-2018, 23:17   #5278
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Well #4575

You came up with the old phrase “ that wasn’t On my ballot paper”. Which means you didn’t really understand what was on your ballot paper.

You can rebuff that assertion......but it’s a logical premise.
So logical of course our politicians disagree. Instead we have May’s deal, Norway, Canada and an assortment of pluses.

If only they, and the electorate had all of your insight.

Quote:
Obviously a typo, I of course meant the process was controlled. I thought an intelligent person such as yourself would realise that.
I’m not going to make assumptions about your ability to read/understand my posts nor ability to articulate your own.
Old 17-12-2018, 23:18   #5279
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Insightful comment from Sky's Faisal Islam
Quote:
What this has smoked out is fact that the DUP leadership and the ERG leadership whilst sceptical of the claims of any change to Withdrawal Deal, have essentially now given the PM another month’s confidence...
Which is good for PM, but also justifies some caution on NC from Labour.
https://news.sky.com/story/live-ther...endum-11584184
Old 18-12-2018, 08:17   #5280
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

It's all games from all sides whilst the country goes down the pan. Guy Fawkes had the right idea...
Closed Thread