Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Updated]U.S hold diplomatic Summit with North Korea

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

[Updated]U.S hold diplomatic Summit with North Korea

Old 03-09-2017, 19:45   #106
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: North Korea

NK will target SK the second it is hit
Old 03-09-2017, 20:16   #107
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Latest: President Trump is considering stopping all trade with any country still doing trade with North Korea. (Cough, China,,Cough).
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 20:19   #108
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I think this is one of the things he doesn't follow though on, he isn't going to break trade with China.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 21:31   #109
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Time will tell.

The US with its oil reserves is sitting a lot prettier than it was a while ago.

I think a few people are imagining that we're trying to negotiate with a rational leader. We're not. Hitler marshalling non-existent armies into battle comes to mind. Once their leader is gone the NK people will soon see what's out their and be more than willing to make their choice. In the meantime they represent what looks like a formidable force but one which is mostly a facade.

Last edited by Osem; 03-09-2017 at 21:41.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 21:59   #110
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

U.S Defense Secretary, James Mattis, just now at an outside White House Press briefing... "Any threat to U.S Territories or U.S Allies will be met with a Massive Military Response."

Old 03-09-2017, 22:07   #111
RizzyKing

I'm wondering who is helping NK with it's nuclear weapons programme as the level of progress is too quick for it to just be NK and that might be a reason why China is doing very little to rein NK in and why NK feel they can continue to push the way they are. There's definately something else going on here and perhaps that's the real force behind recent events.
Old 03-09-2017, 22:13   #112
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
I'm wondering who is helping NK with it's nuclear weapons programme as the level of progress is too quick for it to just be NK and that might be a reason why China is doing very little to rein NK in and why NK feel they can continue to push the way they are. There's definately something else going on here and perhaps that's the real force behind recent events.
Not sure why China would want a nuclear armed North Korea. It's only risks provoking American intervention and besides it's not great for their own safety to have them tinkering around with nukes.
Old 03-09-2017, 22:19   #113
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
China has agreed to join in on economic sanctions, which I believe will come to be tomorrow, I remember 4th September being banded about. These are tough sanctions, designed to cripple the rogue state further.

But Kimmy boy if left cornered and desperate, could see him cross a point of no return.
Old 03-09-2017, 22:25   #114
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
China has agreed to join in on economic sanctions, which I believe will come to be tomorrow, I remember 4th September being banded about. These are tough sanctions, designed to cripple the rogue state further.

But Kimmy boy if left cornered and desperate, could see him cross a point of no return.
Yup although it's not going that well at the moment either. The other problem is all their missiles aimed at Seoul . It's a nightmare of a situation for anyone to deal with and it's only gotten harder since they've developed nuclear weapons.

China also have to take a lion's share the reasonability for this happening in the first place. They have been the protectorate of North Korea for years rebuffing American attempts to stop this earlier.
Old 04-09-2017, 01:33   #115
RizzyKing

China had, has and will continue to have the power to end this but time after time they have failed to do so, perhaps NK got them involved in a nuclear power project in the beginning and lost control of it becoming a weapons program but whatever NK has progressed too quickly in their nuclear weapons program to have done it without help from someone. It makes no sense for China to have an unstable nuclear armed state on their border but they have allowed it to happen and continue to support that country. Yes they talk about supporting sanctions and then continue trading with NK anyway undermining the very sanctions they publicly support so China's agenda is very difficult to understand or judge on this.

I guess we just have to wait and see if NK feel like escalating this further with more missile tests or another warhead test.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:00   #116
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 11 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

Right now the only hope I can see for NK is for someone - either his own people or the Americans/Russians/Chinese/who-bloody-ever - to take that nutter out. If there was ever anyone who needed to be assassinated (hi, Echelon!), it's him. Knocking him off would at least delay what seems to be heading towards the third use of nukes in combat.

And let's be realistic: even after SALT, SALT II etc., the US still possesses enough megatonnage to remove any country you care to name from the face of this planet. I honestly don't trust Trump with that sort of power...or anyone, really. I don't trust him not to launch a nuclear response if NK is insane enough to allow this to go any further. Trouble is, there are bound to be countries taking sides in this - some don't have nukes...but some do.

RizzyKing's right to ask who's helping them; it's clear someone is, because how the hell have they suddenly acquired the H-bomb?! It almost makes me wonder if someone's doing a Kettlewell:

DOCTOR: Tell me one thing, Professor Kettlewell. Why?
KETTLEWELL: For years I have been trying to persuade people to stop spoiling this planet, Doctor. Now, with the help of my friends, I can make them!

Whoever's doing it, is it possible they actually think they're doing the right thing? If so, they need exposing and locking up ASAP.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:45   #117
Mick
Cable Forum Team

China Latest: Finds it unfair and unacceptable that the US is prepared to suspend trade with any Country still doing business with North Korea.

IMO, All Nations need to cease trade with China and give them a message that they need to go in to North Korea and sort that evil dictatorship family once and for all.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:07   #118
RizzyKing

China is playing both sides and it's clear we cannot trust them to put an end to this situation or to even abide by any agreement to isolate NK of course the problem is too many countries have allowed China to hoover up national debt and that will be a card they will use soon. North korea has clearly had substantial help from somebody to progress as quickly as they have i cannot see Russia being stupid enough to be involved which to me leaves two realistic options either China or Pakistan and the more resistance China puts up against action against NK makes me think more that they are involved in this rapid development.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:17   #119
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Silly cynical response : Company making nuclear survival equipment reports increase in share price in the wake of the latest news from the Korean peninsular.

More seriously - there could well be people who profit from the situation.
Old 04-09-2017, 13:10   #120
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Silly cynical response : Company making nuclear survival equipment reports increase in share price in the wake of the latest news from the Korean peninsular.

More seriously - there could well be people who profit from the situation.
Conspiracy theory rears it's head!
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote