Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Updated]U.S hold diplomatic Summit with North Korea

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Updated]U.S hold diplomatic Summit with North Korea

Old 27-04-2018, 11:32   #226
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: North Korea

Here's the clip:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-a...der-for-summit

Shook hands in both countries. I hope this is the monumental turnaround it could be.
Old 27-04-2018, 12:09   #227
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

It is pretty extraordinary.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2018, 13:20   #228
RizzyKing

Both China and the U.S have played major roles in this and hopefully it will be more productive and long lasting then previous diplomatic attempts in the past. I think it will for two main reasons China is not as ready to support North Korean silliness as it has in the past recognising that it's economy is now too affected by global uncertainty and instability. Second reason is North Korea is on it's knees economically with too many dying of starvation and the people are getting more angry with their government with all it's fantastic claims kim needs to get decent food to the people and needs to completely reform the entire country.
Old 27-04-2018, 13:38   #229
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

China finally snapped late last year after NK's constant provocations.
Old 27-04-2018, 13:44   #230
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

And let’s remember they only snapped, after pressure and interventions from President Trump.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2018, 13:50   #231
RizzyKing

I think increasing regional instability played a part as well as NK's constant stupidity handing the U.S a reason to increase it's military presence. Trump has played a part in this but China was the big factor no longer supplying the fuel for kim's missile program hit NK hard and signalled even to the notoriously thick skinned NK's that times were changing and they couldn't continue as they had in the past. This might all still be nothing words have always been easy for NK sticking to agreements with actions will be the test.
Old 27-04-2018, 14:15   #232
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
And let’s remember they only snapped, after pressure and interventions from President Trump.
Well to be fair they snapped because NK were actually testing the range of missiles, including flying them over Japan, and antagonising everyone in the region including the Americans. Trump taking an interest certainly added to that too.

As Rizzy pretty much said the last thing China want is increased American interest in the region! I think China and South Korea should take a lot of the credit but Trump has earned his share as well. He also gave cover to South Korea's President to meet with North Korea but announcing he would do so as well.
Old 27-04-2018, 16:43   #233
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

North Korea was flying missles for years. about 4-5 Presidents did nothing to promote peace. South Korea Minister today, said the Summit is down to Trump and it really is. This would not have happened under a Hillary Presidency.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2018, 16:57   #234
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
North Korea was flying missles for years. about 4-5 Presidents did nothing to promote peace. South Korea Minister today, said the Summit is down to Trump and it really is. This would not have happened under a Hillary Presidency.
I was just talking about the circumstances here rather than getting into a Trump fight. I said he was a factor but there were others.

And yes they did fly missiles for years but nothing like the range and amount we saw last year. As an example over all of Obama's term they fired 12 missles a lot of which were satellites and the rest being short range missiles rather than intercontinental missiles.

The reason why people started getting concerned and China finally had enough was last year they fired 16 missiles including intercontinental missiles capable of holding nuclear warheads. That's why N.Korea became a massive issue last year.

As I said Trump can definitely share in the credit though for the reasons I gave above.
Old 27-04-2018, 18:31   #235
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I was just talking about the circumstances here rather than getting into a Trump fight. I said he was a factor but there were others.

And yes they did fly missiles for years but nothing like the range and amount we saw last year. As an example over all of Obama's term they fired 12 missles a lot of which were satellites and the rest being short range missiles rather than intercontinental missiles.

The reason why people started getting concerned and China finally had enough was last year they fired 16 missiles including intercontinental missiles capable of holding nuclear warheads. That's why N.Korea became a massive issue last year.

As I said Trump can definitely share in the credit though for the reasons I gave above.
Missiles were satellites or were launching satellites??? I always thought rockets launches satellites. However, please explain the difference in a missile/rocket capable of delivering a satellite or nuclear warhead and an ICBM.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2018, 18:50   #236
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Missiles were satellites or were launching satellites??? I always thought rockets launches satellites. However, please explain the difference in a missile/rocket capable of delivering a satellite or nuclear warhead and an ICBM.
I think the list I had had an entire list of ‘launches’ both rockets and missles and I worded that paragraph wrong

Last edited by Damien; 27-04-2018 at 18:56.
Old 27-04-2018, 20:52   #237
RizzyKing

Trump definately played a part but he wasn't the only part and credit must be given to all player's not just one and perhaps it will enable more positive diplomacy in the future which is more important then elevating one person.
Old 27-04-2018, 20:57   #238
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Trump definately played a part but he wasn't the only part and credit must be given to all player's not just one and perhaps it will enable more positive diplomacy in the future which is more important then elevating one person.
I agree, it is more than one person that has brought this about but part of the credit has to go to Trump due to his stance on the missile tests.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2018, 23:43   #239
RizzyKing

I haven't said Trump shouldn't get some credit just not all of it this hasn't happened just because of Donald Trump.
Old 29-04-2018, 18:51   #240
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

I think China told their noisy neighbors who live below them to pack it in or else.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote