Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UHD on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

UHD on Virgin Media

Old Yesterday, 17:57   #1501
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has a fine set of QuadsMythica has a fine set of QuadsMythica has a fine set of QuadsMythica has a fine set of QuadsMythica has a fine set of QuadsMythica has a fine set of QuadsMythica has a fine set of QuadsMythica has a fine set of QuadsMythica has a fine set of QuadsMythica has a fine set of QuadsMythica has a fine set of QuadsMythica has a fine set of QuadsMythica has a fine set of QuadsMythica has a fine set of Quads
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneggsandham View Post
I've renewed from VIP to Ultimate Oomph over the phone this morning. New package kicks in from tomorrow - take it I should expect Sky UHD to be included right?
You would have thought so considering it's part of the ultimate oomph bundle, but from my understanding, as you're an existing customer I would have thought it would be 6 extra unless you negotiated that into your contract renewal.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 20:46   #1502
browneggsandham
I try to help.

Services: Virgin Media VIP - 2 x V6, M350 & phone
browneggsandham is on a distinguished roadbrowneggsandham is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
You would have thought so considering it's part of the ultimate oomph bundle, but from my understanding, as you're an existing customer I would have thought it would be 6 extra unless you negotiated that into your contract renewal.
I did ask if it was included and they said yes. I assumed as a new Ultimate Oomph customer it would be included. Will check and follow up with them if not tomorrow when the change takes effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
How much do you pay a month ?
Haggled to 95 a month. Down from 118.50 previously on VIP. Faster BB and unlimited SIM for less money.
browneggsandham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:43   #1503
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Vip200 , V6 owner , Virgin Mobile, + Virgin Home Phone
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I did ask if it was included and they said yes. I assumed as a new Ultimate Oomph customer it would be included. Will check and follow up with them if not tomorrow when the change takes effect.

I spent over 2 hours on hold on the online chat today to try for a upgrade as I wanted uhd and new 360 deal no one answered after the first lady passed me over to retentions but they spoke the lady I spoke on chat yesterday said I got a 7.50 credit valid for 18 months no contract she could have added but even yesterday she passed me over to retentions so 2 days 3 1/2 hours .. I just want a deal think ill ring tomorrow as my contract is up in May and paying 105 a month atm

Haggled to 95 a month. Down from 118.50 previously on VIP. Faster BB and unlimited SIM for less money.
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:57   #1504
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:

Looks to me like UHD is included, but you're overpaying for it.

IIRC, UO was 79, (85 with UHD). For new customers UO increased from 79 to 89 with UHD included.

Looks to me like they're charging you the new higher price for new customers and the 6 UHD fee on top!!

AIUI, you should be paying 85 or 89 for this package, not 95.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:11   #1505
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Looks to me like UHD is included, but you're overpaying for it.

IIRC, UO was 79, (85 with UHD). For new customers UO increased from 79 to 89 with UHD included.

Looks to me like they're charging you the new higher price for new customers and the 6 UHD fee on top!!

AIUI, you should be paying 85 or 89 for this package, not 95.
They dont normally match the new customer offer price I have helped friends and family upgrade to UO over the years always gets offered at 99 every contract renewal
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote