Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ntl budget cutbacks

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ntl budget cutbacks

Old 03-02-2005, 08:38   #31
TheInsider
Inactive

TheInsider is on a distinguished roadTheInsider is on a distinguished road
Re: ntl budget cutbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kits
Time to give the share holders a feeling of the customer revolt. Lets start finding ways to get our information over to these people that we have taken enough from the present management and wish to have some sort of customer focuses management as if the customers go then they have a company worth nothing.
The only way NTL will reply to this is for this story to be taken up by the press. I have heard a manager talk about this site and he said there was not enough users here to make a impact even if they all left. He had a big smug grin on his face when that was said. to Him
TheInsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2005, 08:38   #32
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

so does this mean the speed increases to 100mb are going to be put on hold?
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:40   #33
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array

Quote:
Time to give the share holders a feeling of the customer revolt. Lets start finding ways to get our information over to these people that we have taken enough from the present managment and wish to have some sort of customer focuses management as if the customers go then they have a company worth nothing.
The only failure in your plan Kits, is the shareholders are forcing these things!

The shareholders appear to have one interest "making a quick buck" The shareholders have done nothing but encourage cutting costs by making people redundant, outsourcing, cutting maintenance and cutting service levels.

The shareholders know exactly whats going on, it would highlight the way customers feel but would certainly not tell them anything about whats going on, as they are part of it.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:02   #34
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInsider
The only way NTL will reply to this is for this story to be taken up by the press. I have heard a manager talk about this site and he said there was not enough users here to make a impact even if they all left. He had a big smug grin on his face when that was said. to Him
Interesting he has got so much to smile about, when the majority of his colleagues around him and throughout ntl are bloody angry at this latest move. What that selfish smug manager needs to know is, that should wipe that cocky smile clear off his face is that we are linked with a big news agency, the clock is ticking its only a matter of time until this information is known about on a wider scale. He also needs to know that we have a lot of media contacts and will not hesitate on getting this information out to them.

Like Frank said to me not that long ago....

By the time ntl have realised that their market is getting smarter and using the Internet to communicate like never before, it will be too late.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:12   #35
Richard M
Inactive

Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array

Quote:
The only way NTL will reply to this is for this story to be taken up by the press.
It's only a matter of time.
Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:15   #36
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escapee
The only failure in your plan Kits, is the shareholders are forcing these things!

The shareholders appear to have one interest "making a quick buck" The shareholders have done nothing but encourage cutting costs by making people redundant, outsourcing, cutting maintenance and cutting service levels.

The shareholders know exactly whats going on, it would highlight the way customers feel but would certainly not tell them anything about whats going on, as they are part of it.
This will be on ISPreview later today so the number has just increased soon it will be on most forum based websites. Its not just this site he needs to consider but they way its moved to many others. The only difference between this site and others is they get the news first before NTL can parcel it up to look good..

Edited to add a link if the mods are unhappy with the link please remove it.
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/show...078#post137078
Florence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:53   #37
bob_builder
Inactive

Services: ntl digital basepack ntl 1M broadband
bob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to behold
Re: For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor
will it cost them more in refunds for loss of service and customers getting fed up and canceling services than the amount they may save with this mad idea.
No, because NTL do not refund for loss of service, unlike BT.
bob_builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:04   #38
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Quote:
Edited to add a link if the mods are unhappy with the link please remove it.
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/show...078#post137078
We don't mind
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:12   #39
trebor
Inactive

Services: DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP
trebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud oftrebor has much to be proud of
Re: For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_builder
No, because NTL do not refund for loss of service, unlike BT.
But they do and even if they didn't people will soon start leaving if/when it becomes a regular problem.
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:13   #40
seaneeboy
Inactive

Services: NTL 4Meg BB, Family Pack, Phone
seaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really niceseaneeboy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to seaneeboy

Quote:

Well, he's probably right - however if everyone from here, everyone who reads ispreview, everyone who reads el reg (Anyone tipped them off yet?) and everyone who reads digital spy, or BBC Online (again, if they get tipped off) started asking questions, that smile may flicker...

This is stunningly bad management - sticking plaster over something that a sticking plaster wouldn't fit...

Actually, he's definately right - a large amount of people on here *HAVE* Left NTL, and they're doing alright... um... ah... praps not, then, eh?
seaneeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:19   #41
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
The only way NTL will reply to this is for this story to be taken up by the press.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaneeboy
everyone who reads el reg (Anyone tipped them off yet?)

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:21   #42
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

I said it before the shareholders are to blame for all this crap we put up with, they are very very powerful, but I think the customers CAN be more powerful if they pull together on this in large numbers. What we have witnessed here is greed take over the well been of the company's employees and the quality of service for customers. Where are the ntl defenders now? they are hidden away ashamed.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:24   #43
Scarlett
Inactive

Scarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Scarlett

Well I know that el reg are aware.

Makes me glad I left them last year. Not the luckiest escape though, a mate of mine was offered a Job with NTL something to do with technical support. They were dicussing a part of the renumeration when the job offer was pulled due to budget cuts*. I posted him this link earlier and he was a lot happier about the fact that it'd fallen through (he hates his current job and was well up for escaping)

Scarlett.

* cuts I say, nay. No budget all of a sudden... This has obviously been been brewing for some time.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:30   #44
salem
Inactive

salem is an unknown quantity at this point

this sounds like a restructuring exercise to me ready for a possible merger or buy out.
a certain leading uk diy chain i work for is doing exactly the same, cutting everything to the bone.
of course this could all be b*%$$$$ s and NTL could be going down for the third time so to speak.
i've never had a problem with NTL, if they are going to the wall it will be a shame, although i have to say that i have seen companies talked out of existence before, as rumours are leaked throughout its customer base, and NTL seems to leak more than most lol
NTL could be genuinely trying to re structure, if this is the case then we are not helping them by being the harbingers of doom.
i just cant see them going down after all the current activity they have gone through ie the speed upgrade's telewest and the sell of in the states??
i hope they come through this cos i love cable broadband, adsl is just over subscribed and so last century.

thank you for enjoying my annual post. see you all again next year (i wonder who i'll be with then isp wise??)

salem
salem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 11:39   #45
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Wink Re: ntl budget cutbacks

Quote:
Care to name that person?
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote