Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2004/2005 Premiership Season Offer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

2004/2005 Premiership Season Offer

Old 07-08-2004, 10:29   #46
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one
Re: 2004/2005 Premiership Season Offer

Yes- each game (highlights) will appear overnight.
No- no red button service.
Old 09-08-2004, 13:11   #47
stephen5131
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Pack
stephen5131 is an unknown quantity at this point

Meaning?

Ok, I get the no red button thing (hey, it's expected)...but you reckon the highlights will appear overnight....not sure what you mean!

Sorry if I've missed something, but could you elaborate?
stephen5131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 13:38   #48
stephen5131
Inactive

Arrow Re: 2004/2005 Premiership Season Offer

"To choose their game, Sky Sports viewers simply press the red button on their Sky digital remote during the Match Choice and launch †˜Sky Sports Activeââ‚Ã⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ to see an on-screen menu of matches. The number or †˜scrollÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€Å ¾Ã‚¢ and †˜selectÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ ’¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€Å ¾Ã‚¢ keys are used to choose a match or switch between matches. Viewers who do not use the interactive service - or do not have Sky digital - will see 50 minutes of highlights from one given match. (*emphasis mine)

"Saturday nightââ‚ƚ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s broadcast of Football First will be followed by a series of repeats of the Match Choice element, shown four times into the night and again at 6am and 7.30am on Sunday. During each showing Sky Sports viewers can select a different match from the full choice, via the interactive menu. "

The last bit is a tad confusing....for me...
http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/a...5510%2C00.html
Old 09-08-2004, 15:42   #49
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Here is $$1 line-up for Sat nite:
20:25[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]Football First
22:15[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]Football First
23:45[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]Football First
01:15[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]Football First
02:45[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]Football First
Old 09-08-2004, 16:22   #50
stephen5131
Inactive

okay, maybe we'll have to wait and see.

There are 8 games on Saturday, if we ignore Prem Plus coverage (for arguments sake) 1 match delayed coverage at 20.25 and then 6 hours of 7 50min games....it seems to work.

I'm basically intrigued as I plan to move to SKY if I can't get to see the 'Pool play every week.....!
Old 16-08-2004, 22:20   #51
leeswin
Inactive

leeswin is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to leeswin
Angry Re: 2004/2005 Premiership Season Offer

well wat can you say, I called in on behalf of my father to get added on my services. im not rich and can no way offord 50 pound month extra. what are ntl thinking? I know they dont control the services however they do control the payment method and I would expect they have allready purchased the services. If it was me I would try to bring people on board in spite of sky trying to help people with payments.

i wonder if they are thinking. all i hope is they fall flat on there face this year, it may teach them a lesson for next year. i spend over 100pm with various services, I dont expect prefencial treatment however I like everyone dont expect to be treated like crap in the process!!! this just pushes me more into my decision for sky services!

sorry about the length blowing off steam after a long pointess connversation with cable - wow big surprise!
leeswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 00:33   #52
Nor
Inactive

Nor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to behold

Same boat as me leeswin. You'd think they would make the effort and accomodate customers who are getting abit of a shock with the total change in policy.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 10:11   #53
bob_builder
Inactive

Services: ntl digital basepack ntl 1M broadband
bob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeswin
i wonder if they are thinking. all i hope is they fall flat on there face this year, it may teach them a lesson for next year. i spend over 100pm with various services, I dont expect prefencial treatment however I like everyone dont expect to be treated like crap in the process!!! this just pushes me more into my decision for sky services!
I actually wonder if NTL is making any profit on PremPlus this year. I get the feeling that they have just matched Sky's offer to keep people from jumping ship but are doing so on a zero profit basis. If that is the case then NTL would not care how many people cannot afford a one off £50 as it would make no difference to their profits either way.
bob_builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 14:22   #54
leeswin
Inactive

leeswin is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to leeswin
Unhappy Re: 2004/2005 Premiership Season Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_builder
I actually wonder if NTL is making any profit on PremPlus this year. I get the feeling that they have just matched Sky's offer to keep people from jumping ship but are doing so on a zero profit basis. If that is the case then NTL would not care how many people cannot afford a one off £50 as it would make no difference to their profits either way.
Bob ?? I can understand what you are saying and to an extent I agree with what you are sayin. However if they loose customers because of this (and sky) surely all that revenue could have been saved with 5 more mins of thought and poss speaking with customers.

Next year when sky do the same again and expect all that money in one go they may have more customers joining because they know it will be easier to offord.

Regards
leeswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 14:48   #55
Sipowicz
Inactive

Sipowicz has a spectacular aura about themSipowicz has a spectacular aura about themSipowicz has a spectacular aura about themSipowicz has a spectacular aura about them

Got my "August" bill yesterday. I have been charged £5 for Prem Plus for the period 4 - 6 August and another £5 for Prem Plus for the period 7 August - 6 September! They are taking the money on a monthly basis; my only question now is why am I being charged for a 2 day period, 10 days before the season started? A call to CS will no doubt tell me that the 1st £5 was for August and the second £5 is for September, as I am paying in advance! Perhaps they will also be able to let me know when my BB will be back on line! 11 days of Spam to go through (so far! and I cannot check webmail through the PC's at work!)
Sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 12:30   #56
powerbladder5.0
Inactive

powerbladder5.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Well my bill came in with the £50 charged all in one go. I phoned CS straight away as I had been told I would be charged monthly buy the rep I ordered premplus from, CS told me that the terms/conditions had been changed and Ive gotta pay the full amount now. Funny way to run things really, not very customer friendly really
powerbladder5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote