Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2004/2005 Premiership Season Offer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

2004/2005 Premiership Season Offer

Old 22-07-2004, 09:38   #16
Swipe
Inactive

Services: VM National ADSL BB
Swipe is on a distinguished roadSwipe is on a distinguished road
Re: 2004/2005 Premiership Season Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
I don't believe you will be automatically signed up ..
I phoned up to cancel last night anyway just to make sure
Swipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-07-2004, 09:46   #17
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby
and the fact that the price has increased by £4 a month might have something to do with it

Nem the people that purchase the games as a one off for £6 will see the match live the only difference being is that they will pay £6 and will have to order it throught the remote. Where as the 'Season ticket' peop,le will not have to order anything as each game will be shown automatically
Thanks Scooby
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2004, 21:03   #18
Graham F
Inactive

Graham F has reached the bronze age
Graham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze age

heres a list of the fixtures as well

AUGUST
Saturday 14 Tottenham v Liverpool (KO 12.45pm)
Saturday 14 Middlesbrough v Newcastle (KO 5.15pm)
Saturday 21 Southampton v Blackburn (KO 12.45pm)
Saturday 28 Blackburn v Manchester United (KO 12.45pm)
Saturday 28 Norwich v Arsenal (KO 5.15pm)

SEPTEMBER
Saturday 11 Aston Villa v Chelsea (KO 12.45pm)
Saturday 18 Arsenal v Bolton (KO 12.45pm)
Saturday 25 Middlesbrough v Chelsea (KO 12.45pm)

OCTOBER
Saturday 2 Southampton v Manchester City (KO 12.45pm)
Saturday 2 West Brom v Bolton (KO 5.15pm)
Saturday 16 Birmingham v Manchester United (KO 12.45pm)
Saturday 16 Manchester City v Chelsea (KO 5.15pm)
Saturday 23 Norwich v Everton (KO 12.45pm)
Saturday 30 Birmingham v Crystal Palace (KO 12.45pm)
Saturday 30 Blackburn v Liverpool (5.15pm)

NOVEMBER
Saturday 6 Aston Villa v Portsmouth (KO 12.45pm)
Saturday 13 Birmingham v Everton (KO 5.15pm)
Saturday 20 Manchester United v Charlton (KO 12.45pm)
Saturday 27 Fulham v Blackburn (KO 12.45pm)
Saturday 27 Manchester City v Aston Villa (KO 5.15pm)

DECEMBER
Saturday 4 Chelsea v Newcastle (KO 12.45pm)
Saturday 11 Everton v Liverpool (KO 12.45pm)
Saturday 18 Liverpool v Newcastle (KO 12.45pm)
Saturday 18 Manchester United v Crystal Palace (KO 5.15pm)
Saturday 26 Chelsea v Aston Villa (KO 1pm)
Graham F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 10:12   #19
gtt
cf.member

gtt is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just rang the 0800 number to sign up for Prem Plus, I was told they can't sign people up yet and to ring back after 1st Aug.

Another triumph for ntl - put up a phone number then tell you not to call yet...
gtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 13:16   #20
Richardr
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, Braodband
Richardr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Q: I only paid £1 per month last season, why does it now cost £5 per month?

A: Sky now owns PremPlus and we must charge our customers the same price that Sky charges their customers. However, the £50 pre season ticket offer was only available to Sky customers until 30th June. ntl customers have this offer extended until 31st August.
(Telewest may have this offer as well)

This part isn't correct - Sky will have a £50 offer between 1 August and 5 September.
Richardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 17:17   #21
wade vi
Inactive

wade vi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardr
This part isn't correct - Sky will have a £50 offer between 1 August and 5 September.
It is correct - Sky are charging £75 today.

NTL cannot predict what offers Sky may or may not offer in the future and If you phone up to order they'll happily take £75 there and then. They won't tell you to phone back on 1st Aug to save £25 and they won't tell you to trawl through the small print in some grubby little publication just to see if there's another offer on it's way. Of course, the full price on Sky is £100, payable in advance by credit or debit card.

http://www.sky.com/skycom/article/0,...115821,00.html

PremPlus terms and conditions

The price payable for PremPlus depends on whether you are a residential subscriber to one or both of Sky Sports 1 and 2 on Sky digital at the time you order.

Subscribers to Sky Sports 1 or 2 can purchase a PremPlus season ticket for just £75.

If you do not subscribe to Sky Sports 1 or 2, a PremPlus season ticket will cost you £100. Subscribers to Sky Sports 1 or 2 can purchase individual games for £6. For non-Sky Sports subscribers individual games can be purchased for £12.

Please be advised a £1 telephone booking fee will be applied to individual PremPlus games purchases not made with your Sky remote control.
wade vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 19:07   #22
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt
I've just rang the 0800 number to sign up for Prem Plus, I was told they can't sign people up yet and to ring back after 1st Aug.

Another triumph for ntl - put up a phone number then tell you not to call yet...
I rang yesterday teatime, got through at once, and was able to sign up straight away, the nice young lady on the phone even spotted that I had 2 digi boxes and said that she would hit both as there was no extra charge for this,
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 21:36   #23
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
I rang yesterday teatime, got through at once, and was able to sign up straight away, the nice young lady on the phone even spotted that I had 2 digi boxes and said that she would hit both as there was no extra charge for this,
I phoned up last Wednesday and signed up okay.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 23:37   #24
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
I phoned up last Wednesday and signed up okay.
Cos there's good staff in the NW region
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2004, 17:52   #25
gtt
cf.member

gtt is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds as though I'd better try again and hope I get the one with the brain. The woman I spoke to even checked with someone else before telling me she couldn't do it yet. The more experience I have of ntl, the more amazed I am that I'm still a customer....
gtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2004, 17:57   #26
Big Ted
Inactive

Big Ted is an unknown quantity at this point

I phoned today and asked to sign up for PremPlus for next season ( I Have had it previously)
I was told "It isn't called PremPlus its Premiership Plus. OK that's done".

I wasn't told its now £5 per month, nor was I told that you have to pay for the whole season. Someone isn't reading their instructions!!
Big Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2004, 10:39   #27
Platypuss
Inactive

Platypuss is an unknown quantity at this point

If the £50 wasn't enough, the fact that all the PPV games are now on a Saturday makes it a definite non-starter for me.
Platypuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2004, 13:46   #28
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby
heres a list of the fixtures as well

DECEMBER
Saturday 4 Chelsea v Newcastle (KO 12.45pm)
Saturday 11 Everton v Liverpool (KO 12.45pm)
Saturday 18 Liverpool v Newcastle (KO 12.45pm)
Saturday 18 Manchester United v Crystal Palace (KO 5.15pm)
Saturday 26 Chelsea v Aston Villa (KO 1pm)
thanks for the list but this only goes up to December.. anyone know the fixtures for 05 ?
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2004, 15:03   #29
bob_builder
Inactive

Services: ntl digital basepack ntl 1M broadband
bob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer
thanks for the list but this only goes up to December.. anyone know the fixtures for 05 ?
Sky have not decided on the games for 2005 yet.
bob_builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 12:58   #30
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one
further info....

From ntlworld.com...

Quote:
You can now buy a season ticket for all 50 exclusive games for just £50. The season ticket normally costs £75 but if you buy before 31st August, you’ll get PremPlus for just £50 - that’s a great saving of £25 and works out to just £1* per game!