Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit discussion
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 13:46   #1846
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Rubbish, I, as a proud leave voter, do not in any way feel misled. I would vote leave, again and again and AGAIN!

To feel like we need to be associated with the corrupt EU, is in a more narrow minded way of thinking.

We certainly do not and leave that horrible and crap institution we must.
I sense you're wavering Mick
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2018, 13:52   #1847
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Bags of assumptions there on their political leanings and pretty much all wrong. I've met lots of civil servants. For their sins 90% voted Brexit and said it's the best thing ever to happen to their careers. Umlike most people on the UK. they're probably right. So if anything, their analysis would be pro-Brexit.

---------- Post added at 01:01 ---------- Previous post was at 00:57 ----------

Good news for hardworking Brits - common sense may be on the rise!

https://www.ft.com/content/f4775024-...0-9c0ad2d7c5b5
90%? Sorry, but that stretches credibility to the extreme!

A majority of right leaning people choose to go into the private sector. That makes sense, surely?

I was one of a minority on the right of centre who elected to go into public service, and I can tell you it was pretty frustrating at times.
Old 02-02-2018, 13:54   #1848
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Your senses are way off the mark.

Roll on Brexit. Best thing to happen to this country by a long shot.
Old 02-02-2018, 14:00   #1849
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Quote from Bloomberg:

The U.K. must not enter into a new customs union with the European Union after it leaves the bloc, Trade Secretary Liam Fox said, setting a new red line for Theresa May’s negotiations with Brussels and her own party on Brexit.

Fox, a long-standing euroskeptic, told Bloomberg that the U.K. must not sign up to the EU’s common external tariff, which binds all EU member countries to the same rates. His comments follow a report in the Financial Times that said May’s officials are considering keeping Britain in a new customs union, and the external tariff arrangement.

“It is very difficult to see how being in a customs union is compatible with having an independent trade policy because we would therefore be dependent on what the EU negotiated in terms of its trading policies and we’d be following behind that,” Fox said Friday in Shanghai. “One of the reasons we are leaving the European Union is to take control, and that’s not possible with a common external tariff.”

Fox’s comments represent a potentially explosive intervention in the U.K. political debate at a time when the Cabinet remains divided on the kind of relationship Britain should seek with the EU after it leaves. The country’s main business lobby wants the U.K. to remain in the customs union, and the opposition Labour Party is advocating a similar arrangement.
Old 02-02-2018, 14:07   #1850
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

It cannot be any clearer, said again today....

Theresa May: "UK will leave Customs Union and negotiate free-trade deal."

Good, as it should be. Leave is not leave when one foot is in still in the door.
Old 02-02-2018, 14:12   #1851
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It cannot be any clearer, said again today....

Theresa May: "UK will leave Customs Union and negotiate free-trade deal."

Good, as it should be. Leave is not leave when one foot is in still in the door.
I think the lady keeps changing her mind, but that's women for you

Her cabinet is split and she has to say whatever to please the latest rebel of the day.
Quote:
But Theresa May, asked by Sky News whether Britain could stay in a customs union with the EU, did not rule it out. “What I want to do is ensure that we have got the best possible trade agreements with China and with other countries around the world once we have left the European Union,”
Old 02-02-2018, 14:17   #1852
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I think the lady keeps changing her mind, but that's women for you

Her cabinet is split and she has to say whatever to please the latest rebel of the day.
"That's women for you"... That's a very Anti-Feminist remark, Mr K. The pussy wearing hat brigade would not be happy with you.

Leaving the EU is leaving the Single Market and Customs Union. We will not and should not be staying in it.
Old 02-02-2018, 17:06   #1853
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
I'm still hoping to be told how I was misled and what it is I was apparently hoping to be led towards.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 02-02-2018, 17:29   #1854
RizzyKing

If you voted leave Russ it was all because of the leave campaign and the red bus the remain campaign didn't mislead or exaggerate in anyway at all and the only realists were on the remain side. We leave voters are all europe hating fantasists that have lost touch with reality that seems to be the general consensus of some on here.

Old 02-02-2018, 17:37   #1855
Mr K
Woke and proud !

tbh a lot of Brexit voters don't seem very happy and are complaining all the time. They keep repeating the reasons for their decision almost to convince themselves. Time to celebrate, you 'won' surely , everything is wonderful ! If it and our strong and stable govt are leading you where you and your family want to be, great
Old 02-02-2018, 17:52   #1856
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
If you voted leave Russ it was all because of the leave campaign and the red bus the remain campaign didn't mislead or exaggerate in anyway at all and the only realists were on the remain side. We leave voters are all europe hating fantasists that have lost touch with reality that seems to be the general consensus of some on here.
What one or two members as don't stereotype the rest of us Rizzy.
Old 02-02-2018, 18:03   #1857
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
1st time I've posted in this thread. I voted leave.

Am I a racist bigot? Asking for a friend.
I find this post very strange.

Firstly, no one asks someone to ask a bunch of strangers if they are a racist bigot.

Secondly, everyone knows that people voted leave for a whole spectrum of reasons ranging from a objective assessments based on what evidence there was at the time to hatred of foreigners.

You will find all sorts of reasons people voted Leave so pretending to ask the question: "Am I a racist bigot because I voted leave" is like Ali G responding with the question "Is it because I is Black?"

The question is a joke ...
Old 02-02-2018, 18:44   #1858
RizzyKing

No the question isn't a joke at all there have been many insinuations of racism as a motivation for voting leave and no matter how many people say it wasn't a factor it's ignored and the insinuation continues. This referendum bought out the worst in people on both sides and no one side has a monopoly on arrogance, ignorance, nastiness or naivety it was equally present on both sides.

Old 02-02-2018, 18:49   #1859
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

I think the family of Jo Cox might disagree about both sides being equally nasty
Old 02-02-2018, 18:57   #1860
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
I think the family of Jo Cox might disagree about both sides being equally nasty
You can't define entire groups by people who live on the extremes. A far-right terrorist is no-where near the same as a normal leave voter. People like the one who murdered Jo Cox are nasty hate-filled murderers obsessed with traitors etc.
Closed Thread