Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | An email from Neil Berkett re: VM HD Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

An email from Neil Berkett re: VM HD Channels

Old 09-04-2009, 21:07   #61
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: An email from Neil Berkett re: VM HD Channels

Hi Andy, firstly l don't lie about anything, l do have the whole package on Sky, on multi room, and l have been with Sky a long time, l went over to VM for the phone package and better quality of picture with VM, l bought an HD box from VM as they said they were getting HD channels (Sky's box was £150.00), l even bought a damn telly cause of it, I do compliment VM, there phone service is very good, my only complaint against VM, is that they tell so many lies about HD channels, there is going to be a herd of pink elephants outside my house, VM have been saying for months, we are going to have HD channels in a few months, that has gone well and trully.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2009, 21:30   #62
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array

You didn't buy an £800 HDTV for Sky even though they have HD channels and you already have their services.
You bought an £800 HDTV for VM cos they were going to get HD channels.
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 22:05   #63
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Sky were too expensive, thats why l have the VM v+ BOX, as they were cheaper. and also as there phone service was better.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:40   #64
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutellajunkie View Post
Ive got a lovely HD telly, and I am unlucky enough to have bad sight.. so to be honest, HD content will never interest me, im just glad to have a nice picture in widescreen without a flicker
When I was watching Futurama the other day just as the opening credits were rolling they came up with a very novel idea for people with poor sight, they recommended,

"For cheap laser eye treatment sit in front of TV until eyeballs are touching screen"

Now I have not tried this myself yet, because apparently it works better if you do it while watching an HD program...so not only is Berkett denying us HD channels his now stopping me from getting my eyesight fixed...right now where are my tablets.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:26   #65
Jaffrtid
Inactive

Services: V+ TVXL BB20MB PHONE-XL Pana 42"
Jaffrtid is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
So would the users who are so anxious to have more HD be willing to pay an additional price for the HD?
Having pedalled home furiously from work to watch the US Masters I'd have to say no to this.
I get a great picture from the V+ but the only thing in HD I have seen that 'pinned my eyelids back' was Sin City about a month ago.
My parents have a Sony LCD + SKYHD which can give a really poor SD picture but the HD I have seen on it is a lot more impressive(6 nations rugby on my TV versus theirs was 1 example).

Longtime Lurker
Jaffrtid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 22:58   #66
fred54321
Inactive

fred54321 is an unknown quantity at this point

hd channels soon ???i was emailed hd channels july time by neil berkett so you can bet your bottom dollar it will be xmas time.bloody joke
fred54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 19:20   #67
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Hi Andy, firstly l don't lie about anything, l do have the whole package on Sky, on multi room, and l have been with Sky a long time, l went over to VM for the phone package and better quality of picture with VM, l bought an HD box from VM as they said they were getting HD channels (Sky's box was £150.00), l even bought a damn telly cause of it, I do compliment VM, there phone service is very good, my only complaint against VM, is that they tell so many lies about HD channels, there is going to be a herd of pink elephants outside my house, VM have been saying for months, we are going to have HD channels in a few months, that has gone well and trully.
I wish people would calm down, at the end of the day its only TV there are bigger issues in the world than VM not having a few HD channels and people whinging about it all the time doesn't make them appear any quicker. Get on with your life and forget about it and before you know it they will be there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred54321 View Post
hd channels soon ???i was emailed hd channels july time by neil berkett so you can bet your bottom dollar it will be xmas time.bloody joke
VM are working hard and really are in the process of getting more HD, the VOD stuff is starting to appear, all be it a bit slowly. Its not as simple as asking for the channels and getting them. There are terms and contracts of carriage to sort out and then the signing and launch dates to settle too. When they announced the HD in 3 months they probably thought they would have the deal done by then but for whatever reason its taking longer.
Old 14-04-2009, 16:34   #68
kkevin666
Inactive

kkevin666 is an unknown quantity at this point

Too little Too late.

People are getting shafted by virgins promises - it should be allowed to work the other way round - people leaving for SKY until virgin actually get some HD channels - in contract or not.

What with the STM pratices virgin are operating just inside the law - i personally am awaiting a class action suit.
kkevin666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 16:43   #69
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffrtid View Post
Having pedalled home furiously from work to watch the US Masters I'd have to say no to this.
I get a great picture from the V+ but the only thing in HD I have seen that 'pinned my eyelids back' was Sin City about a month ago.
My parents have a Sony LCD + SKYHD which can give a really poor SD picture but the HD I have seen on it is a lot more impressive(6 nations rugby on my TV versus theirs was 1 example).

Longtime Lurker
Funnily enough I saw an ad on Sky 1 last night - something along the lines of upgrade to HD on Skysports for only £4.50 per week.

Any takers for HD at that price? (assuming I understood the ad correctly in my tiredness...)
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 16:53   #70
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

What is berkett email i have a nice one ready to go weirdly only maybe 10% of the email is about HD the rest about loads of other things, i know i will never get a email form him back but at least i willget a reply to it
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 17:31   #71
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkevin666 View Post
Too little Too late.
Correct,

Its going to be a long wait for VM to add additional linear HD channels. There more interested in VOD because they can charge lots of money for that. Meanwhile as is the norm Sky corner the market leaving cable high and dry on yet another technology that they COULD have competed on.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 19:29   #72
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

It is not a case of whinging about HD channels coming onto VM, it is a case of feeling conned by VM for NOT bringing on the channels, which the customers deserve.
We are so far behind Sky in the channels, system, that Blu ray will be here before we get the HD channels, and l DO feel conned by Berkett.
Old 14-04-2009, 19:38   #73
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Blu ray will be here
Arthur

Sorry to break it to you via a forum but Blu Ray has been out for a few years now

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 22:48   #74
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It is not a case of whinging about HD channels coming onto VM, it is a case of feeling conned by VM for NOT bringing on the channels, which the customers deserve.
We are so far behind Sky in the channels, system, that Blu ray will be here before we get the HD channels, and l DO feel conned by Berkett.
You have nothing to feel conned about, they are really trying to get HD channels and things really are in progress. The only reason Sky has an advantage is the deals and contracts they have with the content providers makes it really hard for anyone else to gain access to those channels. Which is why VM are getting Ofcom to look into things.

Also Blu-Ray has been here for a few years already.
Old 14-04-2009, 23:14   #75
Rik
cf.mega poster

Services: 1Gbps Broadband
Rik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
that Blu ray will be here
Its already here Arthur and has been for a while now, it really is excellent, I recommend you buy a player asap

Pinocchio looks nice in 1080p
Rik is offline   Reply With Quote