Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What should the Tivo V4 levels be (powerlevels etc..)?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

What should the Tivo V4 levels be (powerlevels etc..)?

Old 11-11-2019, 16:51   #1
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough
Question What should the Tivo V4 levels be (powerlevels etc..)?

Hi,

Can someone tell me what the levels (powerlevels etc...) the Tivo v4 TV box should be at, as I would like to check ours.

As trying to get an idea of where the issue is with some pixelation we are getting.

I have got around to checking the menu on our Tivo V4 box yet, just need an idea of where things should be.

Thanks
GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2019, 17:12   #2
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: What should the Tivo V4 levels be (powerlevels etc..)?

If you have pixelation, phone Virgin Media and get them to come fix it.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 17:44   #3
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I have been getting pixellation on certain channels but today I tightened all our cables with a spanner, and guess what? It seems to have done the trick.

The connections were only hand tight before but now they are nicely firm. Better than waiting in for the Virgin Media man all day!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 17:52   #4
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I have been getting pixellation on certain channels but today I tightened all our cables with a spanner, and guess what? It seems to have done the trick.

The connections were only hand tight before but now they are nicely firm. Better than waiting in for the Virgin Media man all day!
Thanks will give that a try when I can get in the frontroom to the box as my OAP parents seem to be always watch it.

I will also get the powerlevels etc... and post them up or on the VM forum.

I don't really like calling VM (on the best of days) but when it something as simple as tighting up the cable or checking some levels I can do that.

I can also remove/add an attenuator if one needed to balance out the levels.

If it something else, then we call VM.
VM Tech's are alreday busy enough as it is.
Old 11-11-2019, 19:25   #5
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazCBG View Post
If it something else, then we call VM.
VM Tech's are alreday busy enough as it is.
There's a certain irony in offering to start meddling with VM kit yourself, and then complaining about VM Tech's being busy.

I can't imagine why....
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:34   #6
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
There's a certain irony in offering to start meddling with VM kit yourself, and then complaining about VM Tech's being busy.

I can't imagine why....
I agree with you.

However, you think for me to make sure the wire is tigher or put on an attenuator that VM left is meddling.
I also don't see the problem of looking at a page on the TV to check the levels either.

If that your opinion the fine.
Old 23-11-2019, 14:29   #7
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Hi,

Have found out the problem I believe it is the box.
I reconnected our 2nd box (have 2 Tivo v4) and it is fine and no break ups.
Have also checked the cable is full done up.

So will give VM a call next week, to get this sorted
Old 23-11-2019, 21:11   #8
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Hi,

Have found out the problem I believe it is the box.
I reconnected our 2nd box (have 2 Tivo v4) and it is fine and no break ups.
Have also checked the cable is full done up.

So will give VM a call next week, to get this sorted
Brilliant that you seem to have identified the problem.

By the way, it is always worth first of all checking the cables and that they fit tightly. In fact, that is what the VM help videos tell you to check first.
Old 23-11-2019, 21:30   #9
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Brilliant that you seem to have identified the problem.

By the way, it is always worth first of all checking the cables and that they fit tightly. In fact, that is what the VM help videos tell you to check first.
That was the first thing I did was check the cables was tight both ends and they were.
Old 23-11-2019, 21:39   #10
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
That was the first thing I did was check the cables was tight both ends and they were.
I wish I had thought of that before letting my wife put up with months of intermittent pixellation which only she had to endure on the particular channels she was watching. I am now publicly holding my head in shame!

I would have called out the cable guy, but that would have meant me staying at home for the whole morning or afternoon, which is difficult.