Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Stargate Origins

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Stargate Origins

Old 20-02-2018, 13:52   #31
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Stargate Origins

Its worked for Star Trek, so why not Stargate.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2018, 15:55   #32
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
fantastic fantastic fantastic, and here is a teaser for you Pip

Ha! Thanks General, she's a babe!
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 16:05   #33
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

She sure is, i would love to meet her in real life. I can remember reading a couple of years ago at one of the star trek conventions that there was a vip ticket you could buy which included a captains breakfast. Basically it was a one to one with one of the captains but you couldnt choose which one.
I have got a list of people i would like to meet and if i win the euro millions tonight i would gladly pay a lot of dosh to spend a couple of hours with lexa.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 17:03   #34
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Luckily I have met her IRL (2012) and can tell you she is a sweet as she looks and will take the time to talk to you. As regards sense of humour she's nutty as a fruitcake which suits me fine as I'm the same.

I keep hoping she'll be over here at a convention again I'll definitely be going.

Meanwhile FYI Melissa O'Neil is on the guest list for Starfury Invasion http://starfury.co.uk/ October 12 -14 along with others from Dark Matter & Killjoys.
Old 24-02-2018, 11:19   #35
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Everybody needs to watch this. I came across it while ploughing through Teal'c's vids and it proves that things are still very much alive and possible:

Old 24-02-2018, 12:56   #36
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Everybody needs to watch this. I came across it while ploughing through Teal'c's vids and it proves that things are still very much alive and possible:

You might find this interesting reading General.

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...nd-scifi-fans/
Old 24-02-2018, 18:22   #37
General Maximus
Ran Away

I can't tell you how much I wish I had won the euro millions last night so I could give him the money to make it happen.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:32   #38
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Things have taken an interesting turn in regard to MGM's streaming site.

Does this mean the is another Stargate in the offing???

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2018/...cess-extended/
Old 09-05-2018, 08:49   #39
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Well they have been trying to make a new movie for a while now.

The feature cut is great news
Quote:
Further details about the upcoming “Feature Cut” of Stargate Origins, as well as the digital download of the script for the Web series that was included in the All-Access pass, will be announced within the next few days.

Sometime between now and September we expect to hear official word on what’s next for the Stargate franchise, including whether or not Origins will continue with a second story.
Old 09-05-2018, 20:34   #40
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Does this mean the is another Stargate in the offing???
you would think so wouldn't you. It wouldn't make sense for them to extend the use of their service and expand it (platform wise) at their own expense unless they were trying to build their customer base and loyalty knowing that they had something in the pipework and want to keep the customer base engaged for it.
If they are making a new series the last thing you would want to do is terminate the streaming service and access to content now and then expect everyone to sign up again when the new series comes out. If they allow everyone to continue for free now they can put ads on the front of the old SG eps advertising the new series to death and when it comes out you say 1 years membership is going to cost $xx. Everyone will pay it because they are loyal fans and are going to be hyped for it after months of build up. Very clever.
Old 14-05-2018, 19:17   #41
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Is this worth watching if i loved SG-1, as the IMDB scores are only 4/10?
Old 14-05-2018, 19:21   #42
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Did you like the original movie? This is all about Catherine and about 15 years after her dad digs up the gate.

I really enjoyed it.
Old 14-05-2018, 19:37   #43
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
no. I can't tell you how much I love the Stargate franchise and the only reason this gets a pass is because of the fandom and nostalgia. I was looking forward to this for ages and unfortunately it is very disappointing and belongs in the category of those terrible B movies you see on the syfy channels which are rip offs of stuff like Independence Day. To cut a long story short, the acting is terrible, the special effects look like they are from SG1 20 years ago, there are tonnes of really bad plot holes in the story and really annoying story lines which don't need to be there such as the what seems to be mandatory and completely unrealistic gay relationship.
Some of the stuff you can let go but other things you can't such as the fact that nobody can pronounce naquadah even though it has been said a ****ing thousand times over however many hundreds of SG episodes of 3 different series. Stuff like that really really bugs me because they knew that the only people who would watch this are seasoned SG fans and they need to get it right.

I know they were testing the water to see if there is sufficient interest for a new series (which it looks like is going to happen) so I just hope that they get the original creative team back of Brad Wright, Jonathan Glasner, Joseph Mallozzi etc because they cant afford these mistakes.

The saving grace for this is the fact that they are only 10 minutes eps and cumulatively the length of a film. If they were normal 45 minutes episodes I would have stopped watching it very early on.

Last edited by General Maximus; 14-05-2018 at 19:59.
Old 14-05-2018, 19:43   #44
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Thanks guys i think i will give it a miss.
Old 14-05-2018, 19:58   #45
General Maximus
Ran Away

yeah, you honestly aren't missing anything at all. If there was even 1 thing which made it worth watching I would tell you to watch it but there isn't. Like I said, the only good thing is that they are 10 minutes ep so after 1hr 40 mins you don't feel like you have lost too much of your life.