Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 23-09-2010, 23:26   #3121
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Bent - 7/10

Quote:
Max is gay and as such is sent to Dachau concentration camp under the Nazi regime. He tries to deny he is gay and gets a yellow label (the one for Jews) instead of pink (the one for gays). In camp he falls in love with his fellow prisoner Horst, who wears his pink label with pride.
I was shocked all the way through it, sad ending .
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-09-2010, 23:30   #3122
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrankie View Post
Bent - 7/10

I was shocked all the way through it, sad ending .
hhmm.. it was never going to have a happy ending was it?
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 12:27   #3123
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

The Other Guys - 7/10

Quite funny, but quite strange at times too.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 18:23   #3124
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

`Unthinkable` 9/10 for me.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0914863/
Nicely put together and i don`t just mean Mrs Ann Moss.
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 19:52   #3125
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Finally got to see Scott Pilgrim Vs the World

Loved it 9/10

Mark Millar said he had high hopes for it in a recent R5 live interview but it didn't do as well as expected in the US, they do think it will be huge on DVD/Blu though.
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 22:15   #3126
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Busy weekend for movies. Saw 2...

1) Back To The Future (new digital presentation). Excellent film, excellent image and sound. 8/10

2) Buried. An unusual concept for a film (Ryan Reynolds plays a truck driver who wakes up in a coffin after being kidnapped and buried with a couple of chemical glow sticks, a torch, some water and a mobile phone and the who film is about his attempts to get rescued), but excellently realised and really quite tense. 9/10
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 00:51   #3127
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I was quite interested in seeing "Buried"... until I read that Ryan Reynolds was in it.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 19:41   #3128
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Excalibur

Classic sword & sorcery movie, with a great cast.

8/10
Old 24-10-2010, 19:44   #3129
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Paranormal Activity 2 -

Very good, not one to watch if you are in the house alone at night and your house makes strange noises.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 22:13   #3130
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I was quite interested in seeing "Buried"... until I read that Ryan Reynolds was in it.
It really is a good film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Paranormal Activity 2 -

Very good, not one to watch if you are in the house alone at night and your house makes strange noises.
Yep. I agree, it is a good film. I liked the way that it dovetailed with the first film, and in the process, gave more background to the first film.

Very scary. I think it's helped by some very believable characters, some good actors playing those characters and very good use of special effects (especially sound, as a lot of the stuff happens off screen).
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 00:17   #3131
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Paranormal Activity 2 aswell, goosebumps from start to finish, i couldn't watch some parts
Spoiler: 
When the baby got pulled from his cot :O
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2010, 22:36   #3132
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Saw 3D 5/10

I'll start off by saying missus and I love Saw and Saw II, and really like Saw 3-6. 3-6 we saw at the cinema and rewatch all the previous films to remind ouselves of what's what.

Saw 3D however is crap

The traps really are the stars, as the director made a good job of them, adequate use of 3d, but can't direct ppl for toffee

The main detective is aweful.

Some of the traps really are very "cool", and inventive.

there are 2 redeeming bits.
Spoiler: 

the scene with Jigsaw at the book signing, and we thought the last 5-10mins were brilliant to fill in the last few blanks

As a whole the 3d was wasted, blood flies out the screen a few times, nothing amazing. Saw 6 was originally going to be 3d but I think in the documentary on the DVD they thought the tech wasn't ready yet.

The Jackass 3D trailer in 3d was the highlight of the film, closely followed by Machete trailer.
admars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 19:58   #3133
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

Saw 3D

2/10 Was boring from start to finish and the twist at the end was pretty crap. I do however like the bit with the bear trap
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 18:42   #3134
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

The Untouchables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone
You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way!
Classic. 9/10

The station steps scene is particularly awesome.
Old 14-11-2010, 18:44   #3135
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

RED - good fun; 6/10.

Bruce is Bruce - 'nuff said.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote