Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 10-07-2018, 12:47   #5416
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Eon sending me an email saying they 'need' to replace my meters with a smart meter, well that is a load of bollocks..... and it isn't going to happen any time soon!
That’s because the U.K. Government has set them targets to install Smart Meters by the end of 2020, and they will be fined if they don’t meet those targets (even though it’s not compulsory for customers to have them...).

Suppliers have been told by the Government to try to install smart meters in all the UK’s 50 million homes and businesses by the end of 2020. If they fail to do enough, they face fines of up to £7 billion.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/smart-meters-how-they-work
Quote:
The government requires energy companies to install smart meters for their customers, and has set out rules to ensure that they do this in a way that is in the interests of consumers, including rules around:

data access and privacy
security
technical standards for the smart metering equipment
meeting the needs of vulnerable consumers
Smart meters will be rolled out as standard across the country by the end of 2020. But there is no legal obligation on you to have one.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2018, 12:50   #5417
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
That’s because the U.K. Government has set them targets to install Smart Meters by the end of 2020, and they will be fined if they don’t meet those targets (even though it’s not compulsory for customers to have them...).

Suppliers have been told by the Government to try to install smart meters in all the UK’s 50 million homes and businesses by the end of 2020. If they fail to do enough, they face fines of up to £7 billion.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/smart-meters-how-they-work

What annoys me is their use of the word 'need' as that simply isn't true.

Quote:
Hello **************

We need to upgrade your electricity and gas meters to our new self-reading smart meters.

Why are we changing your meters?
We need to install smart meters into all of our customers' homes as part of a government led nationwide upgrade programme. The good news is they have great benefits for you:
  • No need to provide meter readings, they're sent to us automatically
  • No more estimated bills1
  • See how much energy you're using and what it's costing you, with a helpful in-home display.
Book an appointment to get your meters now. It'll only take a couple of hours to fit your meters, and we'll only need to switch your electricity and gas off for about 30 minutes for each meter. If you don't want smart meters at this time, please call us to let us know.
Yours sincerely
E.ON Smart Meter Team

Last edited by SnoopZ; 10-07-2018 at 12:55.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 14:18   #5418
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

What they say is true.

They need you to upgrade (otherwise they will be fined) - you don't need to accept that upgrade...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 14:31   #5419
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Eon sending me an email saying they 'need' to replace my meters with a smart meter, well that is a load of bollocks..... and it isn't going to happen any time soon!
We have had ours for 3 years snoopZ.

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Hope that helps you Den
They have prescribed me a new controlled pain killer after discussions with the relevant medical professionals nash.
Old 10-07-2018, 18:20   #5420
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Quote from SnoopZ:

I didn't want one but EDF almost insisted. I've been running my own energy monitor unit for back-to-back comparisons as I was suspicious that the unit might be reading VA's (Volts times Amps) rather than real Watts. There's a big difference if you have a lot of LED lighting or fridge / freezer units.

Rest assured that the smart meter I have which is the GE SGC1311 reads real watts to the same accuracy as my NAMAS tracable unit.

The only PITA is the remote monitor keeps resetting and displaying £ used today rather than Watts which are more useful to me.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:50   #5421
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Need to wait for the version 2 meters that are not tied to a single supplier. British Gas called me to offer the meters and the lady on the phone insisted they were version 2 but another call to confirm showed that wasn't the case so we cancelled.
Old 13-07-2018, 11:35   #5422
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Just had my buildings insurance quote from hastings for insurance with Axa .
went on confused .com and bought it for 50% of the hastings renewal price ,these people just don't do customer loyalty
Old 15-07-2018, 10:05   #5423
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

My sister told my mum, dad & me that my niece is 1 stone under weight and therfore anorexic, she had been watching what she eats.

Through work my sister has private healthcare and has an apointment with a Dr on Monday, the outcome will decide if my sister has to cancel her holiday in 2 weeks, as she was told that as my niece is anorexic she could have a heart attack on the flight.

The holiday isn't insured, so if she cancels she loses the £2,000 it cost.

But as my nephew said to his mum when told, it's only money and we have each other.

So know I'll do anything to help my sister, and along with my parents pay for a holiday later.
Old 15-07-2018, 10:13   #5424
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Bent down to get the breakfast stuff out from the fridge and my back went out with an audible clunk. Pain and agony as I tried to straighten up.

It's not too bad standing but I can't bend down now. The OH is giving it a massage. Hope it helps.

Last edited by heero_yuy; 15-07-2018 at 10:13. Reason: Grammer
heero_yuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2018, 11:39   #5425
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
My sister told my mum, dad & me that my niece is 1 stone under weight and therfore anorexic, she had been watching what she eats.

Through work my sister has private healthcare and has an apointment with a Dr on Monday, the outcome will decide if my sister has to cancel her holiday in 2 weeks, as she was told that as my niece is anorexic she could have a heart attack on the flight.

But as my nephew said to his mum when told, it's only money and we have each other.

So know I'll do anything to help my sister, and along with my parents pay for a holiday later.
Sorry to hear that.

However, not sure how 1 stone under weight means you are anorexic? If that was the case many people would be classed that way, myself included.

But Anorexia is an illness and thought people had to be severely malnourished to be anorexic?
Old 15-07-2018, 14:48   #5426
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Sorry to hear this Hom3r I suspect that your nieces GP will want to determine what is causing your niece to be classed as medically underweight therefore may want to tests etc as many illnesses can make you appear anorexic according to my BMI at the moment I'm overweight but that is all the meds I'm on atm and just a few months ago according to my BMI I would be classed as medically anorexic.

I suspect the GP will want to determine what medical condition is causing this weight loss, fortunately, your niece has a loving and supportive family to help her on her journey to recovery

When I'm having difficulty eating or keeping food down as I can be sick quite a lot my GP prescribes me high calorie shakes called fortisip (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortisip) maybe your nieces GP may offer these and if not I'm sure you can buy them as I've just googled them and this came up, saying that I would advise that your sister checks with your nieces GP just to check that these would be ok for her to use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fortisip-Co...ortisip+drinks

https://www.chemist-4-u.com/catalogs...esc&q=fortisip
Old 16-07-2018, 17:22   #5427
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Sorry to hear this Hom3r I suspect that your nieces GP will want to determine what is causing your niece to be classed as medically underweight therefore may want to tests etc as many illnesses can make you appear anorexic according to my BMI at the moment I'm overweight but that is all the meds I'm on atm and just a few months ago according to my BMI I would be classed as medically anorexic.

I suspect the GP will want to determine what medical condition is causing this weight loss, fortunately, your niece has a loving and supportive family to help her on her journey to recovery

When I'm having difficulty eating or keeping food down as I can be sick quite a lot my GP prescribes me high calorie shakes called fortisip (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortisip) maybe your nieces GP may offer these and if not I'm sure you can buy them as I've just googled them and this came up, saying that I would advise that your sister checks with your nieces GP just to check that these would be ok for her to use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fortisip-Co...ortisip+drinks

https://www.chemist-4-u.com/catalogs...esc&q=fortisip
Thanks. My mum was on Fortisip.

I have just been told that my sister cannot go on holiday, and that my niece is close to being admitted.

Should hopefully find put more later.

The only thing I can do is be there if I get a call for help.
Old 16-07-2018, 21:58   #5428
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

The good thing is my niece knows she has a problem.

She's currently been given a diet to follow for 7 days then she goes back to the Drs, I guess it then if they decide what happens next
Old 16-07-2018, 22:23   #5429
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
The good thing is my niece knows she has a problem.

She's currently been given a diet to follow for 7 days then she goes back to the Drs, I guess it then if they decide what happens next
Sorry to hear about your niece Hom3r.

I agree that the most promising thing is that she has acknowledged that she has a problem and seems to want to do something proactive to conquer her eating disorder.

A member of my family was in the same position but refused to see she had a problem. She fought against every thing and everyone insisting that she was OK. In the end she was forced to face her problem and it was several years before she got her eating under control.
Old 16-07-2018, 23:16   #5430
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

So sorry to read about your niece's problems, so worrying for you all, I hope things get sorted out.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote