Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 14:20   #3121
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Don't focus on the comment. It's a classic trap where people will argue over semantics.
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2018, 14:28   #3122
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Not defending Sadiq Khan but crime is on the up throughout the country due to austerity and the severe budgetary restrictions because of that and London is not exempt from that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41677046

https://www.ft.com/content/c3250b52-...6-b25f8adaa111

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...stats-suggest/
On the other hand, Kahn has recently changed his strategy on stop and search on evidence that this could discourage knife crime. So there is an argument that his previous approach may have contributed to increased crime in London; time will tell.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3736501.html

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
Would be nice if he tweated he was wrong regarding the Obama/Embassy comment but he’s far too arrogant for that.
Pretty sure he knew it was fake news but his supporters will believe him over the mainstream media. Not in his interests to be correct.
Old 12-01-2018, 14:31   #3123
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

London's big problem over the last few years is acid attacks. Some of this is the Met police (for whom Kahn is ultimately responsible) and some of it is the government. We need stronger laws on acid as the difference in punishment for being caught with a knife is much higher than acid.

What I think they need to do is make it illegal to have acid (anything other a certain strength) in a custom and unmarked bottle. Manufacturers should ensure the dispensal
methods of these types of acid are not quick. Also strong punishments for those who've used it against people.
Old 12-01-2018, 14:56   #3124
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Why would he do that? He's got no one's permission to do so and the accounts in his book aren't in dispute.
Yes they are. Loads of people came out and said what Wolff said was totally inaccurate.
Old 12-01-2018, 14:57   #3125
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No he is 71, next ridiculous question ?

Btw it’s Khan acting the 12 year old.
Actually ,they both are. Even assuming Damien isn't right, and the reason he isn't coming here is because of the potential protests, that just leaves his tweet, which, TBH, make it look like he is refusing to come to us because we gave him a "bad deal". In much the same way my four year old Nephew might refuse to go to a friend's party because his friend called him a name.

But, even if Khan is acting like a 12 year old, he isn't in power. If he is told to by the Government, I'll lay odds that he would do his utmost to ensure that London is prepared for a presidential visit. He cannot afford not to. How long do you think he would last in his job if Trump did come over here, and something happened to Trump while he was in London?
Old 12-01-2018, 15:05   #3126
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Why would he do that? He's got no one's permission to do so and the accounts in his book aren't in dispute.
Well here are 7 as of 8/1/18.

http://www.businessinsider.sg/is-mic...8-1/?r=UK&IR=T
Old 12-01-2018, 15:07   #3127
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Actually ,they both are. Even assuming Damien isn't right, and the reason he isn't coming here is because of the potential protests, that just leaves his tweet, which, TBH, make it look like he is refusing to come to us because we gave him a "bad deal". In much the same way my four year old Nephew might refuse to go to a friend's party because his friend called him a name.

But, even if Khan is acting like a 12 year old, he isn't in power. If he is told to by the Government, I'll lay odds that he would do his utmost to ensure that London is prepared for a presidential visit. He cannot afford not to. How long do you think he would last in his job if Trump did come over here, and something happened to Trump while he was in London?
I don't think we should assume that.

Also Kahn wouldn't be responsible for Trump's security. That would be handled by the Government, the security services and their own security services.
Old 12-01-2018, 15:09   #3128
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Yes they are. Loads of people came out and said what Wolff said was totally inaccurate.
Probably saving them for evidence for any court cases...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 12-01-2018, 15:21   #3129
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Probably saving them for evidence for any court cases...
Court cases for what crimes ?
Old 12-01-2018, 15:23   #3130
Stuart
-

Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Any potential Libel cases from Trump, for one, if they are actually wrong.

Actually, I find it interesting that his legal team appear to be threatening people with violations of NDAs rather than Libel. But they know the details of the cases better than I.

Last edited by Stuart; 12-01-2018 at 15:26.
Old 12-01-2018, 15:42   #3131
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:

Actually, I find it interesting that his legal team appear to be threatening people with violations of NDAs rather than Libel. But they know the details of the cases better than I.
Oh we talking about lawsuits... that's civil law not criminal law.

Libel laws are weak in the U.S he won't/can't sue and likely win.

---------- Post added at 14:42 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

Well, whether Trump said shithole or not, it's given newscasters across the world permission to use the word, live on air, before the watershed...
Old 12-01-2018, 17:03   #3132
Stuart
-

Quote:
Oh we talking about lawsuits... that's civil law not criminal law.

Libel laws are weak in the U.S he won't/can't sue and likely win.
I am aware of that, but Hugh just said court cases, he didn't specify civil or criminal. But assuming they still exist, it's likely that the author kept them as a defence against any action (civil or criminal).

I know Trump said Libel laws are weak, and I know that I am no expert on law, but I find it surprising that arguably one of the most litigious societies on earth has weak libel laws.

---------- Post added at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

Quote:
Well, whether Trump said shithole or not, it's given newscasters across the world permission to use the word, live on air, before the watershed...
True.

I have to admit, I am a little surprised people are expressing shock that this kind of language is used. I've long thought it likely that a lot of politicians talk that bluntly in secret while being polite in front of the countries themselves. I have read in the past that politics is the art of using one hand to shake a person's hand warmly while using the other to maneuver the knife into their back.

Note: While I think that other politicians do it, it does not in any way mean I am saying they are right to do it. Personally, I don't think they are. If you have a problem with someone, you should be open with them. It is entirely possible to do this politely and with respect.
Old 12-01-2018, 17:03   #3133
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Trump often threatens to sue people - here are some instances that didn't go any further (mostly).

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...this-campaign/
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 12-01-2018, 17:52   #3134
Stuart
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I don't think we should assume that.

Also Kahn wouldn't be responsible for Trump's security. That would be handled by the Government, the security services and their own security services.
I realise Kahn wouldn't be responsible for Trump's own security (the US secret service would likely liaise with the armed forces and police directly), but he would be involved, even if purely as a result of the mayoral office links to the Met Police, so I think he would held accountable if something happened in London to Trump.
Old 12-01-2018, 19:19   #3135
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Good publicity for Madam Tussaud's.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/951794781885288448
Closed Thread