Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Very special offer from VM.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Very special offer from VM.

Old 04-06-2008, 20:16   #1
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
Very special offer from VM.

Hi folks, I was wondering if anybody else has received a letter from Virgin thanking them for being a TV, BB and landline customer, then offering them a "very special Virgin mobile deal"?

Apparently I can have 300 minuets and 300 texts a month for £20 a month, with the choice of either:

Sony Ericsson W580i
Sony Ericsson K770i
Samsung U600

The reason I ask is that up till now I've actively avoided getting one, but for £20pm it doesn't seem a bad deal, or is it? also which of these three phones is the better one, thanks in advance.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2008, 21:07   #2
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Very special offer from VM.

I had something similair the other day. Didnt check it fully as I am happy with what I have.

As for the phones well the W580i is a walkman phone so good if you like to listen to music (although I've read alot about this one breaking down) The K770i is basically the same but aimed at people who like to take pictures. The samsung is ok but looks horrible in my opinion. My dad had it and never had a problem with it but It looks horrible lol.

So basically if you like music go towards the W580i or if you like to take pictures go towards the K770i and if you like ugly phones go towards the Samsung lol. They can all do almost the same things TBH but some do it better i.e walkman, camera phone.

Some links to info on the phones if your intrested.

K770i
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/prod...overview/k770i

W580i
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/prod...0i?cc=gb&lc=en

U600
http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,...9290093,00.htm
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 23:25   #3
roland69uk
Inactive

Services: V+, M TV, L BB, XL Phone. Sky + HD
roland69uk is on a distinguished roadroland69uk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to roland69uk

Out of those 3 i would choose the W580i, my friend had the U600 and its a pain to use
roland69uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 23:31   #4
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstamper View Post
Hi folks, I was wondering if anybody else has received a letter from Virgin thanking them for being a TV, BB and landline customer, then offering them a "very special Virgin mobile deal"?

Apparently I can have 300 minuets and 300 texts a month for £20 a month, with the choice of either:

Sony Ericsson W580i
Sony Ericsson K770i
Samsung U600

The reason I ask is that up till now I've actively avoided getting one, but for £20pm it doesn't seem a bad deal, or is it? also which of these three phones is the better one, thanks in advance.
That's an awful lot of Mozart...

Seriously though, I'm sure I had that offer 2 or 3 months ago for £10 pm not £20. Can't remember the handset though, anyone else confirm this?
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:50   #5
raefil
cf.addict

raefil is an unknown quantity at this point

The £10.00 pm was for sim only, they were giving a similar offer with the free fone but with 150 mins and 150 txts for a tenner.
raefil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 21:16   #6
Mr Black
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Virgin Mobile 300+300
Mr Black is an unknown quantity at this point

My Son has got a W580i and its been nothing but trouble. Keeps switching itself off, freezing, buttons jamming and resetting itself. Virgin have been really good with replacing it each time. He's had he's latest replacement for 2 weeks with no problems so far.
Mr Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 21:34   #7
Enuff

The U600 is pants, don't know much about the other 2.
Old 06-06-2008, 21:47   #8
nicke261192
Inactive

Services: 1 V+ Box, 1 V Box, XL TV, L Broadband, L Phone, Sony Erricson C902 Vodafone Contract
nicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to nicke261192

I have the U600 and personally I think its a very good phone. It has never broken on me and takes great pictures and the audio quality is very good on it. Its also very thin

Had it nearly 16 months now and when my 18 month contract is up I want to upgrade to a U900 they look good
nicke261192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:49   #9
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Thanks to everyone who posted a reply, so many differing views though I'm still not sure, I might have to just flip a coin.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:45   #10
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Black View Post
My Son has got a W580i and its been nothing but trouble. Keeps switching itself off
Both me and my housemate have K610is and this happens even on these old phones....but mine hasn't done it for ages, it's strange indeed.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:51   #11
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Yep most of the Sony Ericsson phones have software faults. Most can be sorted by powering off the phones and powering them on again though this can become annoying. I have a Sony Ericsson now saying that and its been great. One small software fault since I've had it but it is one of the newer walkman phones. The u600 is a great phone and dont suffer the Ericsson faults just I think it looks horrible. Good luck with your choice Stamper
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2008, 23:33   #12
welby
Inactive

welby is an unknown quantity at this point

Seen this offer, think that all 3 are regarded as budget phones, but it is still a good deal for a phone plus sim...
welby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2008, 23:48   #13
zing_deleted

I get 600 mins 1000 texts and free calls saturday sunday and monday with o2 simplicity for 25 quid yes I know its sim only but its a cracking deal
Old 15-06-2008, 08:21   #14
zing_deleted

Just as a side note to this o2 appear to have expanded the offer to include a fre other things you can choose instead of the weekend calls

by default they give you free o2 to o2 calls as a bolt on free you can change this which I would to any of the below

unlimited texts
unlimited web
unlimited landline calls
200 extra x network mins
free weekend calls (which is what im on)

so for 25 quid this I think is outstanding

http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/sim_only expand 25 quid deal

http://shop.o2.co.uk/extras change bolt on with the offer set up as mine is you will have 600 mins to use Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Friday then Saturday Sunday Monday included in free bolt on and 1000 texts to use you have to be a real heavy user to go over the 25 quid unless you dial premium numbers saynotto0870 doesnt have land line for. I very nearly never use my landline for calls now (sorry for over simplifying things lol )
Old 15-06-2008, 10:19   #15
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

£25 per month seems a lot more than £10 per month - I don't use all the 300mins and 300 text messages now.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote