Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cancel sky sub online

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Cancel sky sub online

Old 30-12-2013, 11:35   #1
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Cancel sky sub online

Is there a way to cancel sky sub online, filled in form and they are wanting us to call to cancel instead which we don't want to do!
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-12-2013, 11:38   #2
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: cancel sky sub online

Well they SAY you can email them to cancel but I ended up calling them because I got nowhere.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 17:03   #3
alferret
cf.mega poster

alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
Well they SAY you can email them to cancel but I ended up calling them because I got nowhere.
Hmmm doesn't bode well then, will try one more time then if not just cancel dd.
Old 30-12-2013, 17:08   #4
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Hmmm doesn't bode well then, will try one more time then if not just cancel dd.
Can't you just phone them to cancel? If you just cancel your DD then that will likely cause all sorts of problems especially if you're still receiving their services, and the last thing you want is to have your credit rating ruined!
Old 30-12-2013, 17:22   #5
alferret
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Can't you just phone them to cancel? If you just cancel your DD then that will likely cause all sorts of problems especially if you're still receiving their services, and the last thing you want is to have your credit rating ruined!
Get what your saying but if you can fully subscribe online as a new subscriber then canceling online should be just as easy.
Old 30-12-2013, 19:07   #6
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Get what your saying but if you can fully subscribe online as a new subscriber then canceling online should be just as easy.
Just ring and tell them you wish to give 31 days notice on your account , if they then try to make you offers to retain your custom just politely say no thanks can we continue with the cancellation request. At least you'll then get it all sorted properly , I always make a note of who I've spoken to just in case anything goes wrong.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2013, 15:41   #7
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: Cancel sky sub online

Sadly Sky wont let you cancel your subs on line only add to them. I suspect this is all to do with giving them the opportunity to try and persuade you to stay with `special` offers.
As already pointed out canceling your direct debit wont cancel your subs and will lead to you amassing a big bill with them! Just phone them and don`t let them talk you into staying!
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:41   #8
alferret
cf.mega poster

Contacted Sky again via their cancel sub form on Monday. Gave all the info we have so they have everything.
Had a silent call today from 08000512592 @ 10.56am which is sky. I answered the call within 2 rings (sitting on phone) and it was pure silence & I hung on for a minute or so, hung up, saw it was an 0800 number with no callback facility.
Then I got same the automated email from them again @ 11.05am...
Quote:
Dear Mr xxxxx

We have received a request to make a change to your Sky account. Unfortunately we don’t have all the security information we require to be able to process the request. To complete this action we need to speak to you as we don’t recommend providing security details in writing.
We need you to contact us on 08442 410 973 to confirm the security information which will allow us to complete the request.
If we do not hear from you then we will take no action on your account, meaning all details and/or services will remain unchanged and active. If you do not want us to process any request on your account then no further action is required from you
We look forward to hearing from you.
So I though WTH and tried phoning them.
"All our advisers are busy at the moment, we expect to answer your call in ............ 20 minutes"

Jeeze they want me to pay them to cancel @ 10"point"whatever pence a minute + connection.

The whole thing about canceling is that my wife is being made redundant in a couple of weeks, we're trying to save money and they don't want to let us cancel without paying for the fricking privilege. What barstewards!!!!!! Major peeved @ $ky
Old 03-01-2014, 11:44   #9
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Contacted Sky again via their cancel sub form on Monday. Gave all the info we have so they have everything.
Had a silent call today from 08000512592 @ 10.56am which is sky. I answered the call within 2 rings (sitting on phone) and it was pure silence & I hung on for a minute or so, hung up, saw it was an 0800 number with no callback facility.
Then I got same the automated email from them again @ 11.05am...
So I though WTH and tried phoning them.
"All our advisers are busy at the moment, we expect to answer your call in ............ 20 minutes"

Jeeze they want me to pay them to cancel @ 10"point"whatever pence a minute + connection.

The whole thing about canceling is that my wife is being made redundant in a couple of weeks, we're trying to save money and they don't want to let us cancel without paying for the fricking privilege. What barstewards!!!!!! Major peeved @ $ky
If you have a Sky line then the call to Sky is free
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:01   #10
alferret
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
If you have a Sky line then the call to Sky is free
VM supply phone & BB so its not an option.
Old 03-01-2014, 17:26   #11
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Searched the number on saynoto0870.com and found the following number 02071267020 with this description:

Quote:
Used this 020 number when received email asking me to phone 0844 number in response to my request to cancel Sky subscription. Long menu and wait but not expensive!!
Hope this helps!
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:49   #12
alferret
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B:35659708
Searched the number on saynoto0870.com and found the following number 02071267020 with this description:

Quote:
Used this 020 number when received email asking me to phone 0844 number in response to my request to cancel Sky subscription. Long menu and wait but not expensive!!
Hope this helps!
Cheers for that, but tried Friday, put through to the same wait time. Think it's gonna have to be a first thing in the morning call.
Requested callback through online email, still waiting.
Old 07-01-2014, 18:13   #13
alferret
cf.mega poster

Had a callback from $ky today.
Requested that they call after 6pm, so what do they do? Phone before 6 when no one is in, then leave a message on answer machine and send same automated email.
THICK or what!!!!!
Old 07-01-2014, 18:16   #14
tizmeinnit

least with the landline number you can use inclusive minutes
Old 07-01-2014, 18:28   #15
alferret
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
least with the landline number you can use inclusive minutes
What inclusive minutes?