Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 30-04-2017, 13:51   #3376
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, that certainly seems a questionable addon to me! theone was right first time.
In fairness kodi themselves are trying to get networks to work with them to get legit addons on the kodi platform, One i use ok it requires a smart dns or vpn and a USA tv login is the NBCsports addon which is in the actual kodi repo so perfectly legit and the pic quality is superb.
Advertisement
Old 30-04-2017, 14:34   #3377
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
In fairness kodi themselves are trying to get networks to work with them to get legit addons on the kodi platform, One i use ok it requires a smart dns or vpn and a USA tv login is the NBCsports addon which is in the actual kodi repo so perfectly legit and the pic quality is superb.
I think Kodi is targeting the legitimate market more heavily now following the recent ruling that streaming pirated content is just as illegal as downloading such content. http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/kodi-up...video-10305875
Old 30-04-2017, 16:33   #3378
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think Kodi is targeting the legitimate market more heavily now following the recent ruling that streaming pirated content is just as illegal as downloading such content. http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/kodi-up...video-10305875
Yeah they have confirmed this on twitter too hinting they may introduce light DRM so legit tv network addons and netflix etc will work with kodi, but being light drm means it won't affect any media such as ripped dvds being played over kodi etc.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:35   #3379
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Just a heads up for anyone with Apple devices , Apple now seem to be offering a new HD movie to rent each Tuesday for £1.99.
Old 05-05-2017, 19:53   #3380
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Amazon and Apple finally playing nicely, Amazon Video coming to Apple TV ?

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1409...ng-to-apple-tv

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

YouTube takes on Netflix and Amazon with 40 new original shows

http://www.techradar.com/news/youtub...original-shows
Old 08-05-2017, 08:31   #3381
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

I've noticed a difference in BBC iPlayer behaviour on both my V6s lately. The screen now goes black when the red button is selected rather than the picture continuing to play in the background as it loads. Same thing when exiting. Seems like a step backwards to me.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:22   #3382
Onramp
Inactive

Onramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enough

Is BBC OTT-only on VM? Or is it actually broadcast also?
Old 08-05-2017, 14:03   #3383
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onramp View Post
Is BBC OTT-only on VM? Or is it actually broadcast also?
It's QAM VOD for the non-TiVo boxes as they don't support OTT
Old 09-05-2017, 11:05   #3384
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Amazon's latest Prime incentive is exclusive music concerts

https://www.engadget.com/2017/05/09/...ents-music-uk/
Old 09-05-2017, 11:07   #3385
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I've noticed a difference in BBC iPlayer behaviour on both my V6s lately. The screen now goes black when the red button is selected rather than the picture continuing to play in the background as it loads. Same thing when exiting. Seems like a step backwards to me.
I don't believe that's by design, so I'd expect it's being looked into to fix.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:46   #3386
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Amazon's latest Prime incentive is exclusive music concerts

https://www.engadget.com/2017/05/09/...ents-music-uk/
Well we are Prime members and we love our music so we will certainly be watching some of the concerts of artists we like.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:16   #3387
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I don't believe that's by design, so I'd expect it's being looked into to fix.
Lo and behold, I tried iPlayer yesterday evening via the red button and it was back to normal. Must have been a glitch.
Old 09-05-2017, 19:27   #3388
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well we are Prime members and we love our music so we will certainly be watching some of the concerts of artists we like.

I've had the month's trial with Amazon and I'm now on a second month (paying of course) as we were watching a series called "The Following" but I've noticed a reduction in the PQ from Amazon, especially in darker scenes where there's quite a lot of "noise", it's not the TV as I don't have this issue with any other channels. So I had a look online and this issue seems to be affecting quite a lot of people, could Amazon be deliberately dumbing down the PQ in order to get people to pay for UHD PQ?
Old 09-05-2017, 19:43   #3389
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
could Amazon be deliberately dumbing down the PQ in order to get people to pay for UHD PQ?

I didn't think there was an extra charge for UHD on Amazon?
Old 09-05-2017, 19:45   #3390
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I didn't think there was an extra charge for UHD on Amazon?
There isn't it's included with your Prime subscription.
Closed Thread