Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Babylon 5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Babylon 5

Old 29-10-2013, 19:21   #1
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Babylon 5

The "Watch" channel has acquired the rights to show the whole of the SF classic Babylon 5 - that's all five seasons, along with the six TV movies (The Gathering, In the Beginning, Thirdspace, The River Of Souls, A Call To Arms and The Legend Of The Rangers).

It's going to be stripped across the 5pm weekday slot, starting on Monday 4th November.

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/10/baby...s-warner-bros/

While the special effects are showing their age now, it's still an amazing series, and well worth watching or re-watching.

Season 1 was a little ropey to start with, but the show soon grew to become a classic piece of TV SF.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-10-2013, 19:58   #2
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
re: Babylon 5 - back on TV at last! From start to finish on Watch

What's really odd is that I'll no doubt watch loads on tv instead of the box sets I've got
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 20:06   #3
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I can't wait to watch this series again.
Old 29-10-2013, 20:09   #4
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I must admit I'm really looking forward to seeing Delenn again I had a big 'thing' for her.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 20:15   #5
joglynne
Born again teenager.

joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I was always fascinated by Ambassador G'Kar, and was a little disappointed when he stopped his shenanigans.
Old 29-10-2013, 20:17   #6
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

G'Kar was a brilliant character... excellently portrayed by the late, great, Andreas Katsulas

So many of the B5 cast have passed away
Old 30-10-2013, 21:07   #7
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Oh, damn you.
I saw the title in my feed reader and thought there was going to be a new series

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 21:33   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

It's a shame that WB won't lavish the love on Babylon 5 that has been done for Star Trek

To see it all in HD with up to date SFX would be brilliant

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

And this'll be on record - much easier than messing around with my DVDs for it.
Old 30-10-2013, 22:20   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Series link set on Watch :-)
Old 31-10-2013, 00:33   #10
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
It's a shame that WB won't lavish the love on Babylon 5 that has been done for Star Trek

To see it all in HD with up to date SFX would be brilliant

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

And this'll be on record - much easier than messing around with my DVDs for it.
I don't think they'd be able to justify the expense, given the smaller fanbase

Plus given past botch-jobs it may not even be feasible... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_5#Mastering_problems
Old 31-10-2013, 05:57   #11
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Babylon 5 - back on TV at last! From start to finish on Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I can't wait to watch this series again.
Yes one of the finest series ever made in my humble opinion.
Old 31-10-2013, 09:33   #12
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I don't think they'd be able to justify the expense, given the smaller fanbase

Plus given past botch-jobs it may not even be feasible... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon...ering_problems
My god I had no idea how much of a balls up they actually made of it. That is pretty shocking to be honest.
Old 31-10-2013, 12:51   #13
joglynne
Born again teenager.

I have set the first series to be recorded, I have this horrible feeling that I will be disappointed and that the programs won't live up to my memories. I will be devastated, well not really but you know what I mean. if it all becomes cringe worthy.
Old 31-10-2013, 19:05   #14
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

I re-watched it last year, on DVD.

It was as I remembered
Old 31-10-2013, 19:17   #15
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I re-watched it last year, on DVD.

It was as I remembered
Oh goody. John isn't really interested in SF so I shall have myself a Babylon 5 fest whilst he is out attacking our man eating shrubs.