Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tuning in h.d.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Tuning in h.d.

Old 21-11-2009, 22:39   #1
ANDREW BROOKS
Inactive

ANDREW BROOKS is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Tuning in h.d.

HI, CAN ANYBODY ASSIST ME WITH ADVICE ON TUNING MY SKY H.D. BOX PLEASE, CAN GET SCART STANDARD BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO TUNE FOR H.D. HAVE THE NECESSARY HDMI/DVI AND SOUND LEADS READY TO GO!!!!!
ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.
Andy.
ANDREW BROOKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-11-2009, 22:46   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Tuning in h.d.

You don't need to "tune" in HD. It is simply a case of connecting your Sky+HD box's HDMI port to the HDMI/DVI port on an HD Ready TV, & then choosing the appropriate input on the TV via the TV remote.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 11:41   #3
ANDREW BROOKS
Inactive

Hi thanks for this, do i have to use the original tv remote or can I use the sky remote??? and can you advise me I presumably have to use the little box with the arrow going in to it but from there???

I much appreciate the advice but as I wasnt there when the original engineer installed the box its all new to me and an idiots guide on a step by step basis would be invaluable as i could then save as p.d.f.
Regards
Andy.
Old 22-11-2009, 15:03   #4
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Use the TV remote to change the TV over the the relevant HDMI/DVI input that your Sky+HD box is connected to. e.g. if the Sky+HD box is connected to "HDMI 1" on the TV, then use the TV remote to change to "HDMI 1".

What do you mean by "the little box with the arrow going in to it"?

What TV do you have?
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 18:14   #5
ANDREW BROOKS
Inactive

The little box with the arrow is I presume the input which is not on my sky remote only on my Toshiba remote, the t.v. is a model 27/30 WL46
Regards
Andy
Old 22-11-2009, 20:15   #6
NoKnowledge
Inactive

NoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond repute

Press [TV] and then [help] on the SKY remote until you get to HDMI 1
NoKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 12:34   #7
ANDREW BROOKS
Inactive

Thanks will try do you have to press select or does it automatically stay on hdmi.
Andy
Old 30-11-2009, 11:52   #8
D_Skids
Inactive

D_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDREW BROOKS View Post
Thanks will try do you have to press select or does it automatically stay on hdmi.
Andy
It depends on your TV and Remote but it will be obvious when you do it.
D_Skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009, 22:08   #9
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

We have a LG HDTV, which we have to select Input to rotate through the AV channels.

For some strange reason the HDMI port isn't auto sensing like Scart is.
Old 30-11-2009, 22:19   #10
D_Skids
Inactive

D_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant future

I don't think HDMI will autosense although don't quote me on that. Scart has a specific pin which sends the signal (voltage) to autoswitch. Not all Scarts auto switch, only 21 pin ones.
D_Skids is offline   Reply With Quote