Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moving Home with Sky+

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moving Home with Sky+

Old 15-09-2006, 16:02   #1
alang
Inactive

alang is an unknown quantity at this point
Moving Home with Sky+

I'm moving home shortly. Currently have Sky+, but new house only has standard sky cabling although with two seperate Sky boxes in different rooms (presumably with multiroom) - each cabled directly back to the dish. The Sky cabling was installed when the house was built, so is all hidden away in walls. I know I will need to have new cabling installed to support Sky+ and am planning to go for 2 x Sky+ with multiroom, but I want to preserve the neatness of the current installation, i.e. no ugly cables running along walls. For this reason I am planning to use a local aerial/sat installer and forgoe the free (and usually very messy) Sky install.

My question is, will I be able to plug my Sky+ box into the standard cabling and use it as a single receiver until such time as I get around to upgrading the cabling?

Any help greatly appreciated.
alang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-09-2006, 16:36   #2
iain_herts
Ex SKY Engineer

Services: 2x sky+ /sky16Mb/bt phone
iain_herts has reached the bronze age
iain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to iain_herts
Re: Moving Home with Sky+

hi as long as u plug it into input one it will work like a standard box.

also alot of us sky techs are not messy
Old 15-09-2006, 18:13   #3
alang
Inactive

alang is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Iain,

Thanks for the prompt info. I'm sure many of you Sky Techs are very good. Unfortunately, the couple I have had to-date have not taken a great deal of care over installation.
alang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 18:42   #4
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

also some installers have changed to black cable when all the other cable is white its suprising how odd it looks. a neighbour went as far as painting it .
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote