Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Pick 'n' Mix option TV bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

New Pick 'n' Mix option TV bundles

Old 01-05-2019, 19:00   #31
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: New Pick 'n' Mix option TV bundles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Unfortunately not.

Universal HD (as well as some other HD channels like Syfy HD, Sky One HD, Sky Witness HD, Sky Sports Mix HD and Sky Sports News HD) remain Full House only and are not included in the new 'Entertainment Picks'.

It's a mess.
And all those channels have Comcast as their parent company.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2019, 19:36   #32
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

JJ20x posted on my site over a week ago about these new bundles and has posted a update again:

https://www.forumbox.co.uk/forum/thr...-virgin-media/

Last edited by Horizon; 01-05-2019 at 20:44.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 20:02   #33
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
JJ20x posted on my site over a week ago about these new channels and has posted a update again:

https://www.forumbox.co.uk/forum/thr...-virgin-media/
And I noticed JJ20x also mentioned there some changes to the Player bundle I hadn't noticed (mainly becaise I'm on a higher package and I'm working it out using VM website and channel lists). I'll put that, with appropriate credit, on the Changelog thread.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 01-05-2019 at 20:21.
Old 02-05-2019, 13:23   #34
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

I presume boxsets also remain in the new Full House, not sure I'd put it past VM to treat that like the kids pack and make it a chargeable add-on.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 13:35   #35
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
I presume boxsets also remain in the new Full House, not sure I'd put it past VM to treat that like the kids pack and make it a chargeable add-on.
I'd imagine so as there are boxsets mentioned in the marketing saying they are in some of the Add-On packs, and Full House is basically meant to be All The (non-premium) Add-On Packs Except The Kids TV One from now on. At least that's the impression I get from how VM put it on their website/social media.
Old 02-05-2019, 13:42   #36
Horizon
Media Watcher

Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Full House is no longer full house. Sneaky way to bring in a price increase...
Old 02-05-2019, 13:45   #37
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I'd imagine so as there are boxsets mentioned in the marketing saying they are in some of the Add-On packs, and Full House is basically meant to be All The (non-premium) Add-On Packs Except The Kids TV One from now on. At least that's the impression I get from how VM put it on their website/social media.
Sky have boxsets as an add on (£5 per month I think).

I wonder if I will be able to 'downgrade' to the new Full House and pay a fiver a month less without the kids channels? I bet that VM will say that those who do will lose their discounts, meaning i'd be paying more for less channels.

It will be useful not having to go through Planned Recordings and deleting kids stuff that TiVo has picked up though. I really wish that TiVo had an option to ignore chosen channels as I have little interest in kids, shopping and foreign channels.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 13:47   #38
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Seems as though someone has already fallen foul of the issue with Kids channels being removed from Full House:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...e/td-p/3982147
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 13:52   #39
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Full House is no longer full house. Sneaky way to bring in a price increase...
Most companies are sneaky with their price rises.
Old 02-05-2019, 14:09   #40
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Most companies are sneaky with their price rises.
I've always said that the ultimate result of a system like this, is that people will end up paying the same for less channels (even if they are channels that aren't watched, at least people have a choice if there's a chance that something apears that they do want to watch).

One example for me is BT Sport, I like some of their BT Sport Films programmes.
Old 02-05-2019, 14:19   #41
Horizon
Media Watcher

That's the argument that the pay tv companies have always used too Richard, in that having the big bundle of channels, gives the opportunity to access less popular channels, which are in effect subsidised by the popular ones.
Old 02-05-2019, 18:45   #42
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
That's the argument that the pay tv companies have always used too Richard, in that having the big bundle of channels, gives the opportunity to access less popular channels, which are in effect subsidised by the popular ones.
Yep. If I save some money by dropping some channels that I don't watch, but you do and you do the same vice versa, all of the channels receive less subscription income.

This then either means that there is less money for programming on all of the channels or they have to recoup the lost income by asking VM for a bigger cut of the subs from those that do want to receive the channels in question.

The end result is that either:

- VM do not agree to increase the subs to particular channels and the money available for new programming decreases or

- VM agree to increase the cut of the subs for particular channels and pass this on to their customers. So, what you gain by no longer contributing to the cost of channels that other people watch, you lose as the cost of the channels that you do watch goes up.

The only outcome that I can see is less money to invest in programming, or the customer ends up paying about the same for less channels.
Old 02-05-2019, 19:30   #43
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Seems as though someone has already fallen foul of the issue with Kids channels being removed from Full House:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...e/td-p/3982147
Wow. VM forgot to tell the relevant staff.
Old 02-05-2019, 19:38   #44
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Maybe they should give people the choice of either pick'n'mix or all channels. Now there's a revolutionary thought!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 19:47   #45
Horizon
Media Watcher

Some of the American companies are offering ala carte options old boy, but I think this is all old hat now.

We both see streaming as the future, because it is, and so what Sky, VM, BT do with their channel packs doesn't really matter now either way.