Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 21-07-2018, 10:15   #1471
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

HISTORY HD has been put on 299 but there is room for it on 272 next to the SD and +1 variants on 270 and 271, unless it will be replacing Yesterday on 245 permanently.

C+I on 275 could move to 223 so it sits between the HD and +1 variants on 222 and 224, unless C+I HD will be replacing Alibi HD on 200 permanently.

True Entertainment +1 is on 220 but will move to 190 next to the main channel on 189 when Gold +1 is removed.

Last edited by SonicMaster; 21-07-2018 at 10:22.
Advertisement
Old 21-07-2018, 11:02   #1472
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It's been calculated that they have enough space for only four more HD channels, more if in SD.

The capacity looks to have been taken from the space reserved for UHD channels.

The UKTV channels now have an advert playing in the breaks advising viewers of the impending removal and asking Virgin Media customers to call Virgin Media to complain.

I noticed yesterday that, whenever UKTV were playing this advert (to all their customers, not just VM subscribers), a pop up was overlaid onto the bottom of the screen with a message from VM!

I'm not sure how they did this, but it doesn't show up on recordings or when you rewind to delay TV. This is the first time i've ever seen them do this, you'd think that broadcasters would have something to say about VM interfering with the output of their channels. I guess somebody must be manually doing this as VM won't be privvy to when UKTV will be showing these ads.

I wonder what the new test services are for? From what people have said (bar the UKTV channels, timeshift and platform exclusive channels), the salient channels that we don't have are now only Disney HD, MTV Classics and CNN HD. Are there any more? If not, the only channel we are missing completely that VM have access to is MTV Classics.

One good thing could be that, if they do manage to come to an agreement or the channels return after a short time, it has forced VM to carry most of the missing channels and a few more too.
I seem to remember a similar situation before, where both sides were putting their "case" to the viewers.

If VM didn't play hardball, UKTV and others would never be forced to provide anything via On Demand.

With all the planned new channels up and running and in place, I can't see them moving to the original claimed channel numbers to replace the UKTV channels. If if the UKTV loss was permanent, the suggested changes were nonsense, eg 3 sports channels in the 100+ range.

Last edited by nomadking; 21-07-2018 at 12:23.
Old 21-07-2018, 15:08   #1473
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

And even after a price hike,VM still don't want to pay the fee so with the withdrawal of the channels it's a kick in the teeth for the viewers
Old 21-07-2018, 16:08   #1474
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

There are still a number of ways to watch UKTV programmes, through an aerial, online, or through streaming services such as Netflix. https://t.co/I5avIV7QS7
-NL

A Tweet from Virgin Media earlier today. Oh dear
Old 21-07-2018, 19:18   #1475
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Well just under 5 hours for a agreement if not come December I’m off to sky without a dish service, I’d leave now but it isn’t launched yet then I’m off

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

. In addition, we continue to expand our range of on-demand and 4K Ultra HD TV with more coming this year.” What bloody 4K crap
Old 21-07-2018, 21:56   #1476
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
There are still a number of ways to watch UKTV programmes, through an aerial, online, or through streaming services such as Netflix. https://t.co/I5avIV7QS7
-NL

Makes me laugh where they say "New Channels" pretty much the whole list I have now and pay for so I'll be looking for some sort of large discount off my current bill for the channels we will lose on UKTV, I'm currently out of contract so no reason to stay with them for TV now
Old 21-07-2018, 22:39   #1477
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
-NL

I think it's quite unprecedented that VM is telling its cable TV customers to virtually plug the aerial in!
Quote:
How can I keep watching UKTV?
There are still a number of ways to watch UKTV– whether that’s free to air, online or through streaming services such as Netflix.
Customers with an aerial plugged into their TV should be able to receive the UKTV channels available on Freeview (such as Dave)
UKTV programmes – including those on Dave – can be viewed for free online or through UKTV’s mobile app
Those with a Netflix subscription can watch a range of programming also available on UKTV channels directly through their TiVo or V6 box
Old 21-07-2018, 22:54   #1478
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

We now entering the 11th hour the same time sky got a solution with discovery
Old 21-07-2018, 23:40   #1479
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
I seem to remember a similar situation before, where both sides were putting their "case" to the viewers.

If VM didn't play hardball, UKTV and others would never be forced to provide anything via On Demand.

With all the planned new channels up and running and in place, I can't see them moving to the original claimed channel numbers to replace the UKTV channels. If if the UKTV loss was permanent, the suggested changes were nonsense, eg 3 sports channels in the 100+ range.
VM are just temporarily filling all the UKTV occupied channels to show customers what they have replaced them with. I can see the sports channels reverting to the sports section when the Premier Sports promo ends.
Old 21-07-2018, 23:58   #1480
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Well just under 5 hours for a agreement if not come December I’m off to sky without a dish service, I’d leave now but it isn’t launched yet then I’m off

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

. In addition, we continue to expand our range of on-demand and 4K Ultra HD TV with more coming this year.” What bloody 4K crap
Well, I hope you look before you leap!

Why would you want to pay for material which was free when it was broadcast? No accounting for folk!

For heaven's sake, let's start looking to the future! I have to say that for someone who wants more UHD, making the case for the grainy pictures you get from this old material makes no sense!
Old 22-07-2018, 00:01   #1481
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

When does sky launch it’s dish free service
Old 22-07-2018, 00:02   #1482
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think it's quite unprecedented that VM is telling its cable TV customers to virtually plug the aerial in!
Why should you be surprised? I don't know about you, but I have been questioning for a while why I am paying for these inferior services when I could pick up these programmes on Freeview. If you ask me, I think we have been taken for a ride!

I really cannot understand what all the fuss is about!
Old 22-07-2018, 00:02   #1483
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

just changed now
Old 22-07-2018, 00:04   #1484
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
When does sky launch it’s dish free service
What does this have to do with this debate? There is a separate section for Sky TV services on the forum.

Similar contractual disputes will occur with Sky, too, over time. Remember the standoff with the Discovery channels?
Old 22-07-2018, 00:15   #1485
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What does this have to do with this debate? There is a separate section for Sky TV services on the forum.

Similar contractual disputes will occur with Sky, too, over time. Remember the standoff with the Discovery channels?
Yeah but looking they have just taken any channels to fill in a space and personally I’m fed up with virgin and in December won’t renew my tv service
Closed Thread