Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 19-07-2018, 23:24   #1381
Glevai
Inactive

Glevai is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Listen all this is on the tv player app on kindle fire stick so all aint lost if it not sorted and what is horse and country channel. Its wrong it takes uktv leaving before virgin add channels
They might be but what about Quantico,Harrow,Carter?
Advertisement
Old 19-07-2018, 23:24   #1382
Unknownguy
Inactive

Unknownguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glevai View Post
hopefully it can get sorted out otherwise how would i be able to watch Quantico,Harrow,Carter
Exactly. Harrow has just started and looks good! Something needs to happen at the last minute
Old 19-07-2018, 23:24   #1383
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Could customers leave VM early because of this massive loss of channels?
Old 19-07-2018, 23:35   #1384
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
Could customers leave VM early because of this massive loss of channels?
Nope! I don't think thats covered. The canellation clause only applies to price rises. VM is providing alternatives so the equivalent value of the package is the same.

Edit: This has just been confirmed via VM's Community Forum.

Last edited by nodrogd; 20-07-2018 at 00:04.
Old 19-07-2018, 23:46   #1385
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

But not the same channels. I don't personally watch much "normal" tv, but Alibi and Drama are popular in my house.

My sub will get cancelled if the UK TV channels leave.
Old 19-07-2018, 23:46   #1386
Glevai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Nope! I don't think thats covered. The canellation clause only applies to price rises. VM is providing alternatives so the equivalent value of the package is the same.
Alternatives,
how would i be able to watch Quantico,Harrow,Carter on the "Alternative" channels?
Old 19-07-2018, 23:49   #1387
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Alternatives,
how would i be able to watch Quantico,Harrow,Carter on the "Alternative" channels?
Tv player app on tablets or kindle fire stick
Old 19-07-2018, 23:55   #1388
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
HISTORY HD, Crime+Investigation HD, Vice and more have been confirmed, along with EPG numbers to replace all the UKTV channels:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...s/ba-p/3775403
What if Virgin and UKTV make up? Surely VM didn't think that through, or they are adamant the UKTV channels are being withdrawn.
Old 19-07-2018, 23:55   #1389
Glevai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Tv player app on tablets or kindle fire stick
you have to pay another subscription to watch them channels as its not within the free channel list.
Old 20-07-2018, 00:00   #1390
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
They might be but what about Quantico,Harrow,Carter?
Quantico's ratings are really good....4.2 from 10...……...
Old 20-07-2018, 00:01   #1391
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
you have to pay another subscription to watch them channels as its not within the free channel list.
You can get three month free trial, sadly not free but its a way round the problem at least until you see tbe end of shows you want
Old 20-07-2018, 00:02   #1392
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
What if Virgin and UKTV make up? Surely VM didn't think that through, or they are adamant the UKTV channels are being withdrawn.
If you read the articles that have been released the issue is over access to BBC owned material that UKTV has no control over. UKTV can't give VM access to content it does not own, so this is going nowhere fast.
Old 20-07-2018, 00:13   #1393
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
If you read the articles that have been released the issue is over access to BBC owned material that UKTV has no control over. UKTV can't give VM access to content it does not own, so this is going nowhere fast.
Well if the BBC have struck an exclusive deal with Netflix then there's no way out.
Old 20-07-2018, 00:15   #1394
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

To me this is serious i pay 90+ quid a month for access to UKTV channels. So i assume this is why we're finally getting basically free channels from freeview released ....

My mother is a pensioner and becoming more and more house bound if they withdraw UKTV i'm out of there. I should have been sooner I just don't want the hassle of losing my internet which i've used for 17 years now in a row. I find it predictably warm

No other service has "carriage issues" than the cheap, dreadful and power hungry liberty global lads

Last edited by vincerooney; 20-07-2018 at 00:16. Reason: .
Old 20-07-2018, 00:17   #1395
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
This is why the media are saying that it's unlikely that an eleventh hour deal will be made in this particular case as has been the case for other carriage disputes.
Closed Thread