Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Election 2019 - Week 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Election 2019 - Week 2
View Poll Results: Your voting intention at this stage of the campaign:
Labour 7 15.91%
Conservative 22 50.00%
Lib Dem 5 11.36%
UKIP 0 0%
Brexit 2 4.55%
Green 1 2.27%
Change UK 0 0%
Plaid Cymru 0 0%
SNP 1 2.27%
Irish nationalist 1 2.27%
Irish unionist 0 0%
Other 2 4.55%
Abstaining 1 2.27%
Ineligible 0 0%
Undecided 2 4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 19-11-2019, 18:47   #211
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Election 2019 - Week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
On the contrary. It negates the statement you made about 'Tories not wishing to discuss the NHS'. You are making this stuff up and you should not be allowed to get away with it.

Boris will certainly be speaking about the NHS tonight on TV.
Old Boy, my statement was made against you. Not the Prime Minister. You are saying we should play "politics" with a cradle to grave health service, and the largest employer in the country and the fifth largest employer in the world.

If there's something that should be "politicked" it is that. The provision of free at the point of use healthcare to 60 million people, every single one of Her Majesty's subjects in these lands. It's a very short list of things more important than that, given our aging population and changing demographics over time.
Advertisement
Old 19-11-2019, 19:00   #212
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Old Boy, my statement was made against you. Not the Prime Minister. You are saying we should play "politics" with a cradle to grave health service, and the largest employer in the country and the fifth largest employer in the world.

If there's something that should be "politicked" it is that. The provision of free at the point of use healthcare to 60 million people, every single one of Her Majesty's subjects in these lands. It's a very short list of things more important than that, given our aging population and changing demographics over time.
You are totally confused about my position on this. I have categorically stated that politics should be taken out of it and the NHS managed as a service, not a political tool.

Yes, everyone entitled to residency in this country should have access to health care free at the point of delivery. Who begs to differ? You make arguments out of a vacuum.
Old 19-11-2019, 19:06   #213
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You are totally confused about my position on this. I have categorically stated that politics should be taken out of it and the NHS managed as a service, not a political tool.

Yes, everyone entitled to residency in this country should have access to health care free at the point of delivery. Who begs to differ? You make arguments out of a vacuum.
You are kidding yourself on if you think you can remove politics. Who funds it and from where?

That's a political choice. On one side of the divide are people like you who want to roll back the state and privatise everything with the profits taken to other countries.

On the other side is people like me who say taxation.
Old 19-11-2019, 21:13   #214
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Sky YouGov snap poll - Who won the ITV Debate...

Johnson 51%
Corbyn 49%

I personally feel those who didn't watch it, won, truly awful format, the U.S does so much better at this.
Old 19-11-2019, 21:18   #215
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post

Johnson 51%
Corbyn 49%

I personally feel those who didn't watch it, won, truly awful format, the U.S does so much better at this.
It wasn’t great.

No one learned anything new.

However Corbyn’s inability in the first 20mins to answer 1. His position on Brexit, 2, His position on the Union and 3. His position on a 2nd Scottish Indy ref was quite damning.

He never really got over it, and as a result failed to really land any knockout blows to Johnson who was there for the taking on a few issues.

I don’t think anyone came out a clear winner.
Old 19-11-2019, 21:21   #216
jfman
Architect of Ideas

A statistical tie for Marxism versus the evils of capitalism. I can't wait for the actual election.

---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre
However...
However nothing. You can put any spin you like but essentially half the people watching didn't like your man.
Old 19-11-2019, 21:26   #217
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Boris droning on about Brexit despite audience groaning was a mistake on his part.

Corbyn was awful and didn't answer key questions.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 19-11-2019, 21:32   #218
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
However nothing. You can put any spin you like but essentially half the people watching didn't like your man.
Duh......

I believe that is what I said.

And I garnished it with my opinion/ commentary on it, which I am entitled to do.

You’re just just upset your pin up comrade didn’t boss it.
Old 19-11-2019, 21:37   #219
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

Johnson 51%
Corbyn 49%

Fortunately I was in a meeting so missed it. I won't be troubling ITV Player for it based on what everyone's saying! Most interesting aspect is both politicians scored almost equally. I would have guessed a 60-40 in favour of Boris, though obviously I did not see the programme.
Old 19-11-2019, 21:41   #220
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Johnson 51%
Corbyn 49%

That's very true Mick, Wales 2 Hungary 0 on S4C
Old 19-11-2019, 22:01   #221
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Duh......

I believe that is what I said.

And I garnished it with my opinion/ commentary on it, which I am entitled to do.

You’re just just upset your pin up comrade didn’t boss it.
I'm not upset at all. A statistical tie looks good against recent polls. Plus we have Arron Banks leaks to come...

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
That's very true Mick, Wales 2 Hungary 0 on S4C
Germany 6-1 against the occupied territories. A sample of Boris and his deal. Getting their dinner served by Deutschland.
Old 19-11-2019, 22:21   #222
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
I'm not upset at all. A statistical tie looks good against recent polls. Plus we have Arron Banks leaks to come...

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

Germany 6-1 against the occupied territories. A sample of Boris and his deal. Getting their dinner served by Deutschland.
You’re being a bit of a Richard now...

(speaking as someone of Irish Catholic lineage)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 19-11-2019, 22:22   #223
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

Now?
Old 19-11-2019, 22:59   #224
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

Sorry, was watching the game in an Irish pub in Berlin. (I’m not making that up.)
Old 20-11-2019, 00:11   #225
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

This is of dubious ethics as it undermines the fact-checking services that do a great job.

Quote:
The Conservative Party has been sharply criticised by a UK fact-checking agency after it rebranded one of its Twitter accounts.
The @CCHQPress account - the Tory press office - was rebranded as “factcheckUK" for Tuesday's live TV debate involving Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn.
After the debate, the account reverted to its original branding.
Twitter is yet to comment on the change, but told the BBC it was looking into it.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50482637
Closed Thread