Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 500mb Question

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

500mb Question

Old 03-05-2019, 18:22   #91
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: 500mb Question

yeah all they should be doing is sending you the right number of V6's to replace any existing Tivo's
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2019, 18:41   #92
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

I've just been hanging about on webchat and CS for an hour to be told that I have to wait for a call next week because it's a different department that's handling V.VIP and they don't have access to it. So I will have to wait until next week.

So far I've had 2 different people on webchat that have told me that I WILL get a V6 on V.VIP to replace my slow Tivo.
Old 03-05-2019, 21:13   #93
RainmakerRaw
cf.addict

Services: Gig1
RainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
I've just been hanging about on webchat and CS for an hour to be told that I have to wait for a call next week because it's a different department that's handling V.VIP and they don't have access to it. So I will have to wait until next week.

So far I've had 2 different people on webchat that have told me that I WILL get a V6 on V.VIP to replace my slow Tivo.

I've been on hold with VM for over two HOURS getting bounced around departments. They finally got the right person, put the order on the system and said because we already have a VM unlimited SIM we need to call VM Mobile (on the same phone number!), get a PAC and then call back to put through the VVIP order that's now parked. Still on hold.. Wish I'd never bothered now and I'm presuming the UK team has now gone home so I'll eventually have someone offshore answer and tell me to call next week. Two hours wasted. Joy.
Old 03-05-2019, 21:16   #94
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Always best to phone in the morning! and wait a few weeks for things to get quicker.
Old 03-05-2019, 21:21   #95
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

Did have a bit of bouncing around and waiting but I’ll be on v.vip from 28th may
Could have had it sooner( as soon as Tuesday) but would rather wait til my sky tv service finished.
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 21:49   #96
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I wont be going anywhere near the 500mb till u can get on its own.

Phaps Virgins greed will die a death by then.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 22:34   #97
RainmakerRaw
cf.addict

RainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of light

Finally got through, the poor guy sounded frazzled and called me the wrong (two different) names on several occasions between spells on hold. I get the impression they're literally juggling calls. All sorted now anyway, and as we already had VIP + an unlimited SIM it's actually saving us money (89 + 25 monthly vs 99 for VVIP). My modem just rebooted and peak speeds are currently 250Mbps out of 500 thanks to congestion. I can use the fault code for a tenner off, judging by experience and end up with 500Mbps off peak for cheaper than I was paying for the package below before. :p
Old 04-05-2019, 01:30   #98
RainmakerRaw
cf.addict

Finally got chance to sit down and play properly with the new speed. Here's a speed test over VPN (WireGuard protocol), via my home made Arch Linux router from a 2012 MacBook Pro client (Core i5 3210M, 16GB RAM, running Fedora 30 Linux).

The router is a re-purposed SFF Dell Optiplex 7010 (Core i7 3700, 8GB RAM, Intel Pro 1000VT quad core server NIC) and it maxed out at 20% CPU. So, in theory it's good for 2.5Gbps over VPN. Plenty of life left in it yet...

Old 04-05-2019, 13:14   #99
CapricornDog
cf.member

CapricornDog is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
I wont be going anywhere near the 500mb till u can get on its own.

Phaps Virgins greed will die a death by then.
Amen to that.
CapricornDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:35   #100
SimonB79
Inactive

SimonB79 will become famous soon enoughSimonB79 will become famous soon enoughSimonB79 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapricornDog View Post
Amen to that.
personally if vivid500 had 50up for say £55 per month I may be tempted, otherwise don’t see the point with 350 having 35! 🤔

like most folk it’s upload I want rather then down! 😇
SimonB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:40   #101
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Couldnt agree more
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:56   #102
RainmakerRaw
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonB79 View Post
like most folk it’s upload I want rather then down! 😇

One of the unfortunate side-effects of DOCSIS, at least for now. Meanwhile our friends in Scandinavia, Romania etc can have symmetric 10Gbps FTTH for 25 Euros a month, or symmetric gigabit FTTH for a tenner.
Old 05-05-2019, 16:22   #103
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

JFYI, I have added the 500M prefix to the forum now, and updated this thread.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 21:48   #104
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I pay £163.63 for Full House TV, Vivid 200 BB, & Talk more Anytime for Phone.

So will I get this?
Old 05-05-2019, 23:29   #105
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I pay £163.63 for Full House TV, Vivid 200 BB, & Talk more Anytime for Phone.

So will I get this?
Why are you paying that much? The VIP package is £129.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote