Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 15-05-2013, 22:23   #1456
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvtimes View Post
Been on Twitter tonight and it seems that over the past week VM's account is being.absolutely bombarded with tweets asking for btsport. Quite a few are saying they will leave if they don't get it!
And that is when I think there is a downside to social media

Continually asking the same thing over and over and over isn't going to change the situation, it's only going to end up frustrating people
Old 15-05-2013, 22:28   #1457
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Been on Twitter tonight and it seems that over the past week VM's account is being.absolutely bombarded with tweets asking for btsport. Quite a few are saying they will leave if they don't get it!
Well you will always get a few Jonah's and Cassandra's bellowing away on Twitter.
Old 15-05-2013, 23:29   #1458
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
And that is when I think there is a downside to social media

Continually asking the same thing over and over and over isn't going to change the situation, it's only going to end up frustrating people
Works two ways Ben, VM could of course use the social media to let their intentions known therefore eliminating the need for a bombardment of tweets etc, etc
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 23:40   #1459
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
"Quite a few" is probably a rather minor amount of the total VM customer base, and I imagine most of that base will have Sky Sports (the figures for SS subscribers is pretty low anyway.) VM will also be aware most of these people banging on over a nothingness will probably never leave anyway. People generally just wanna let off steam and try to scare businesses into action by having a go at the little people who can not change anything anyway.
I have worked for one medium sized and one major sized supermarket for half my life and the number of times customers that have asked me (a relatively lowly grunt on the shop floor) why have we stopped selling/do not sell certain lines is HUGE. I could have retired if they all gave a me pound I tell them why, and the response is often to blame me and take it out on me personally (like it's my idea) and say something along the lines of "well I'll take my weekly shop elsewhere." What do they expect to happen? they must think we (and VM CS teams) all have direct lines to the MD! I try very hard to remember these idiots and always smile knowingly at them as they come back in week after week and fill their trollies, it really does cheer me up on busy days.
Like VM's HQ, the guys at the HQ's of my old/current company know that if they take lines out of any shop, most customers will get a similar line in the shop. A few customers will get the line they want elsewhere and even less will take their main spend elsewhere though.
Having got that off my chest, I simply can not imagine VM not carrying BT Sports.
Sky will start getting jealous soon, Atlantic will soon stop being the most wanted channel for VM customers!!!
P.S, the moral of that story is to be nice to your shop workers. If you really want us to look for something that is off-sale, ask us nicely or you will be unlikely to get it
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 00:05   #1460
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
the figures for SS subscribers is pretty low anyway.)
Is it??
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 00:09   #1461
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Is it??
Around 700,000 Sky Sports subscribers on VM.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013...eal-sky-sports
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 00:11   #1462
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Around 700,000 Sky Sports subscribers on VM.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013...eal-sky-sports
I'd say thats a fair whack of income coming from those people, wouldn't you?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 06:34   #1463
hansi
cf.geek

hansi is on a distinguished roadhansi is on a distinguished road

Assuming that BT Sport will not be available on VM, if I add Sky Sports to my XL package, can I just have it for the football season and then cancel it, or would it have to be permanent?
hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 06:44   #1464
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansi View Post
Assuming that BT Sport will not be available on VM, if I add Sky Sports to my XL package, can I just have it for the football season and then cancel it, or would it have to be permanent?
I would think yes. On Sky, I often add for a few months, drop while on hols, and add back. You just need to give them 1 month's notice. So would think virgin carriage is same.

And having done a quick google
Premium channels: Premium channels and package upgrades must be kept for at least 30 days. You must subscribe to Sky Sports and/or Sky Movies in SD to take these channels in HD. Sky Sports 3 HD, Sky Sports 4 HD, Sky Movies Classic HD and Sky Sports News HD not included; Sky Movies Premiere +1 not available in HD. Sky premium HD channels £7 per month when subscribing to Sky premium SD channels.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 06:53   #1465
hansi
cf.geek

hansi is on a distinguished roadhansi is on a distinguished road

Thank you
hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 10:32   #1466
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansi View Post
Yes, add it then cancel it.

Premium channels (either Sports or Movies) you just need to keep for 30 days.
BexTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 13:59   #1467
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

TalkTalk chief executive Dido Harding is very open and honest with her views on BT Sports!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...-football.html

“The reality is if you want premium sports you’re not going to be a TalkTalk customer. We’re not the right place for you to be and we’re really relaxed about that.

“Our most frequently-watched on-demand content is Peppa Pig. That’s our market, not people who want to spend a chunk of money on premium football matches."
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 14:54   #1468
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Unbelievable: £1m Alan Hansen quits MoTD

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...f-the-Day.html
boring bitter Hansen.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 15:15   #1469
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
“The reality is if you want premium sports you’re not going to be a TalkTalk customer. We’re not the right place for you to be and we’re really relaxed about that.
Yet they have the 6 Sky Sports channels and BT don't. Heh.
Old 16-05-2013, 16:47   #1470
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

That was in the Daily Mail 2 days ago.

He's on £40,000 a show. Works out at about £1.5m actually. It's obscene.

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:46 ----------

Also, just because Gary Neville has made a good transition to TV, doesn't mean Phil Neville will. Don't get why the BBC are so desperate to sign him up.
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote