Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 07-08-2013, 19:17   #3106
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
I must be thick then
Not thick m8, just not aware, that's all and there are probably quite a lot more.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2013, 19:31   #3107
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I think the way VM are treating there customers, who want BT Sport, is a disgrace. I l don't give a damn if VM read this forum or not.

When l spoke to VM Complaints the other day - the CEO was in ' a meeting', this is how much they rate the customer - zero. At the end of the day its us that decide if to watch it. Come 17th August, if its not on the system VM can shove there system where the sun don't shine.
Arthur, you keep saying this over and over. The clear response to your question is that confidential negotiations are continuing with BT. VM have told you that. We all know it. VM have said they will tell us more when they have news. There is no news yet.

So what do you want them to say????

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
As far as l am aware BT Channels are testing on VM now, according to DS forums and on the ' coming soon page', but l am aware of the problems involved. My main arguments is that a deal should have been done months ago, not in the last week - or when the directors have ended there round of golf.
Wrong, I'm afraid. VM are holding out for the best deal for their customers and we will all reap the benefit of that when the channels arrive. If you would rather pay more for the whole year for the benefit of the first couple of weeks of broadcasting, you are probably (almost) on your own.

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_timbo View Post
everybody here knows it's freesat via sky which has BT Sport. nobody needs it written in full, nobody is that thick.

you are a pedant. is that a forum rule that i have missed? it must be. because most posts are very, very pedantic and tedious.

"Freesat, VIP with MUTV" listed under your name. In normal life I wouldn't bother talking to you, and would just turn my back and walk off even if you were lying on the floor with your arm out saying 'help me, help me please' in a croaky voice. So here I'm gonna do the same if you respond again.
Freesat with Sky is a different service from Freesat, so I'm afraid you're wrong again.

I wouldn't keep repeating that, but you don't seem to be taking the message on board. As said in a previous post, we all make mistakes, even you. And the more you say you don't, the more we will point them out to you.

Now let's keep on subject and stop all this posturing and swagger.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 19:43   #3108
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
I must be thick then
Me too.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 20:56   #3109
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Arthur, you keep saying this over and over. The clear response to your question is that confidential negotiations are continuing with BT. VM have told you that. We all know it. VM have said they will tell us more when they have news. There is no news yet.

So what do you want them to say????

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Wrong, I'm afraid. VM are holding out for the best deal for their customers and we will all reap the benefit of that when the channels arrive. If you would rather pay more for the whole year for the benefit of the first couple of weeks of broadcasting, you are probably (almost) on your own.

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

Freesat with Sky is a different service from Freesat, so I'm afraid you're wrong again.

I wouldn't keep repeating that, but you don't seem to be taking the message on board. As said in a previous post, we all make mistakes, even you. And the more you say you don't, the more we will point them out to you.

Now let's keep on subject and stop all this posturing and swagger
Well said OLD BOY!!!
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 21:14   #3110
young_timbo
Permanently Banned

young_timbo doesn't have many friendsyoung_timbo doesn't have many friendsyoung_timbo doesn't have many friends

Old Boy, I have made no "mistake" whatsoever son.

I said in my post that I will get BT Sport via Freesat. The kid responded with "you can't get it via freesat, just freesat via sky." as if to tell me that I will not be able to get it. To inform me i'm wrong. But here's the thing, I'm not wrong am i? because i only have freesat via sky. i don't have any other freesat setup.

i've not been wrong about anything. all i did was make the FATAL MISTAKE of calling sky freesat 'freesat'. instead of bloody freesat via sky.

Oxford Dictionary
Quote:
Pedant- noun
a person who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules
i've not been wrong about anything i'm afraid. as much as people are trying to say i am. it's wishful thinking.

if anybody is too stupid or unaware that in reference to freesat in context of bt sport i mean sky, and none other, then that is their problem. up your game and up your knowledge of said topic before debating. as the rappers say, don't hate the playa (me) hate the game.

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Strange - even Sky differentiate Freesat from Sky and Freesat....

http://www.sky.com/shop/freesat/home...hoose-freesat/
but in context of talking about BT Sport i did not need to. i said i was going to get it via freesat, having previously mentioned i have a sky hd box with a viewing card. not my problem if people are not with it enough to understand i obviously meant freesat from sky. considering freesat from sky is the only advertised freesat service which gets BT Sport.

i am not "wrong" about anything thanks very much. because i never once said, as the poster implied, that i was expecting to get BT Sport from standard freesat. i have mentioned numerous times that i have a Sky HD box and viewing card. so there. i win.

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

i see Hugh has now deleted his post i quoted. thus confirming my victory.
young_timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 22:24   #3111
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_timbo View Post
In normal life I wouldn't bother talking to you, and would just turn my back and walk off even if you were lying on the floor with your arm out saying 'help me, help me please' in a croaky voice. .
I'm guessing it was the croaky voice that was the deal breaker, right?
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 22:31   #3112
i am not scouse
cf.member

Services: 65"Samsung 4k tv. X2 v6 x3tivo's 200mb bb and a phone line I don't use.
i am not scouse is on a distinguished roadi am not scouse is on a distinguished road

Young timbo.... ill say what everyone else is to polite to say. You are a tool!!! FACT and if your any sort of football fan you will know what im on about.
i am not scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 22:52   #3113
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

timbo, you appear to be confusing 'victory' with 'not being drawn into a pointless conversation with a provocative posturing braggart'.

Please feel free to feed your ego with whatever joy you get from your posts - I will try not to let my envy of your magnificence*, nay, omnipotence, keep me awake tonight.....

*for ''magnificence', read 'scouse doley living with his parents who lies to his girl-friend' - what's not to envy?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 22:54   #3114
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am not scouse View Post
Young timbo.... ill say what everyone else is to polite to say. You are a tool!!! FACT and if your any sort of football fan you will know what im on about.

Post of the day ( except for mine which was deleted...)

Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 00:43   #3115
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Found this an interesting read on why BT Sports is not on Virgin Media

http://sports401.wordpress.com/
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:13   #3116
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post

I personally feel that is bang on the mark.

The rumour in work yesterday was that the loss has not been anywhere near as high as they envisioned it.

---------- Post added at 07:13 ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am not scouse View Post
A tool is useful and that's something young timbo is not and never will be. He reminds me of Walter Mitty a sad man who pretends to be something he isn't and never will be.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:46   #3117
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post

I'm sorry. Whilst I found it an interesting read, and probably the most likely explanation, I will sit back and await Timbo's expert analysis of it. He's bound to know the truth.
MutleyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:19   #3118
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I personally feel that is bang on the mark.

The rumour in work yesterday was that the loss has not been anywhere near as high as they envisioned it. [COLOR="Silver"]
Alas that might be the case Sirius but Virgin should not expect to sit on his laurels and think everythings rosey in the garden because it ain't by a long chalk and one would hope they have plans in the pipeline even if we don't get BT Sports because if they ain't got plan B or C then they could lose quite a few customers in the short , medium and long term.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:37   #3119
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
timbo, you appear to be confusing 'victory' with 'not being drawn into a pointless conversation with a provocative posturing braggart'.

Please feel free to feed your ego with whatever joy you get from your posts - I will try not to let my envy of your magnificence*, nay, omnipotence, keep me awake tonight.....

*for ''magnificence', read 'scouse doley living with his parents who lies to his girl-friend' - what's not to envy?
I feel you are being very tolerant with this "person" Hugh,are you Mods are mellowing in your old age?
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:54   #3120
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Mods, if you know he is a "provocative posturing braggart" (nice description BTW - I still prefer troll though) why let him use the site? Everyone has the right to post on here, but I have never seen him bring a useful post to any discussion in any thread. I fail to see any purpose he serves, other than to wind people up.
Also has anyone seen, the well-off, unemployed, living with his parents, playboy living, lover of expensive clothes and nights out who lies to his most current good looking girlfriend, post during school hours?........

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kop32 View Post
I feel you are being very tolerant with this "person" Hugh,are you Mods are mellowing in your old age?
Seconded!
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote