Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 22-05-2013, 18:47   #1576
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...&postcount=109

Still think VM are going to get BT Sports?

HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-05-2013, 18:53   #1577
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well lets see what happens rather then make assumptions.
Old 22-05-2013, 19:00   #1578
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well lets see what happens rather then make assumptions.
Like you do?
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 19:01   #1579
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulsontom View Post
They don't offer that package anymore to new customers. It's all or just weekends.
I was checking BT prices about 6 hours ago, they certainly offer it.

Old 22-05-2013, 19:32   #1580
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
I was checking BT prices about 6 hours ago, they certainly offer it.

I think he meant...they don't offer evenings and weekends for free (they did a few years ago, when i had them)

Now it is just weekends, you pay for evenings
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 19:35   #1581
Jameseh

He still said no when I mentioned £2 before so... anyway not very sports related, my bad.
Old 22-05-2013, 19:41   #1582
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulsontom View Post
They don't offer that package anymore to new customers. It's all or just weekends.
Not true - when I rang them last week to see how much it would all cost, they offered me unlimited evenings and weekend calls for £2. You just can't place online.

Just seen above - my bad.
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 19:44   #1583
eljay
Inactive

Services: Sky Q 2TB & 1 Mini Box, Box Sets, Sky Broadband Max and Sky Talk Anytime
eljay is a jewel in the rougheljay is a jewel in the rougheljay is a jewel in the rougheljay is a jewel in the rougheljay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post

1. This in fact suggests it will be available with Virgin Broadband as it states its only free with BT, inferring on Virgin it will be charged for.

2. If it isn't available on VM then this advert will contravene ASA regulations as you cannot compare costs against a company who is not carrying the channel.

3. It could also be a problem that technically the advert is only applicable to existing customers who have not been charged extra. If they are not charged any more than their existing charge for BB then it is free. If they are new customers then it should only state it is provided "at no extra cost" as it is dependant on them taking out a chargeable service.
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 20:12   #1584
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:

All this is about is to persuade people to switch broadband suppliers. They wouldn't bother targeting SKY broadband...
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 20:33   #1585
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Here is the message I get visiting the site as a SKY broadband customer.

Just noticed when posting the image URL that the end part of the URL reads:

BT_Sport_banner_Sky_IP_Targeted

So Virgin customers visit the site and get a message trying to get them to switch from Virgin to BT. SKY customers visiting the site and get a message highlighting they can actually get the channel on SKY.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 20:36   #1586
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
He still said no when I mentioned £2 before so... anyway not very sports related, my bad.
To clear up the confusion, I refer back to my earlier post:

Quote:
Sky Phone packages are: Weekends: free, Anytime: £5
BT Phone: Evenings & Weekends: £2, Anytime: £7
I meant to say Sky not BT. Sky only offer Weekends or anytime, no evenings and weekends package.

I should know we just switched to BT with evenings and weekends package 2 days ago!
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 22:24   #1587
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

Just been speaking to one of the BT Online "chat" advisers and I've copied and pasted the info below, Just trying to act a little daft as if I don't know I would order it through Virgin I just wanted to find out their response.

Kate: Welcome to BT, the most complete broadband provider. My name is Kate.

Kate: How may I assist you with your order today?

Kate: Hi Paul

Paul : Hi, can you tell me how I can order BT sports on Virgin media or do I have to order it through them

Kate: Sorry BT sports are not available on virgin platform

Paul : is it going to be available at all in the future?

Kate: Sorry we have no inform available on that, but as far as we are aware Virgin media have no plans to provide our channels on their platform

Paul : Ok thank you for your help

Kate : Thank you for speaking with BT, Please press the "X" in the top right corner to end this conversation
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 05:18   #1588
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Like you do?
Don't we all make assumptions HD.
Old 23-05-2013, 14:22   #1589
Pubis
cf.member

Pubis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
All this is about is to persuade people to switch broadband suppliers. They wouldn't bother targeting SKY broadband...
Seems more like they are suggesting Gareth Bale should change teams!
Pubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 14:44   #1590
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pubis View Post
Seems more like they are suggesting Gareth Bale should change teams!
Hope not, I;m a Spurs fan

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabmania2 View Post
Just been speaking to one of the BT Online "chat" advisers and I've copied and pasted the info below, Just trying to act a little daft as if I don't know I would order it through Virgin I just wanted to find out their response.

Kate: Welcome to BT, the most complete broadband provider. My name is Kate.

Kate: How may I assist you with your order today?

Kate: Hi Paul

Paul : Hi, can you tell me how I can order BT sports on Virgin media or do I have to order it through them

Kate: Sorry BT sports are not available on virgin platform

Paul : is it going to be available at all in the future?

Kate: Sorry we have no inform available on that, but as far as we are aware Virgin media have no plans to provide our channels on their platform

Paul : Ok thank you for your help

Kate : Thank you for speaking with BT, Please press the "X" in the top right corner to end this conversation
Whomever 'Kate' is she'll know bugger all about if/when VM will be getting BT Sports.
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote