Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TV360

Old 16-04-2023, 10:22   #1
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

Services: Virgin Media Tivo Kahuna Big Bundle, phone and Broadband.
beaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the rough
TV360

Recently updated from TiVo.
Deleted recordings - on my TiVo I could access these to recover any if required.
On TV360 I cannot see this feature - is it present ? If so, how do I get it ?
Old 16-04-2023, 12:00   #2
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: TV360

The 360 does not have that feature for recordings, Beaker. So if you’ve deleted it by accident, take a look at the availability of the programme on demand.
Old 16-04-2023, 17:54   #3
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Some TiVO features were exclusive to the platform, so VM cannot replicate them on LGs Horizon platform without coming up against TiVO patents.
Wishlists is another thing you won't be getting.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2023, 17:59   #4
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Some TiVO features were exclusive to the platform, so VM cannot replicate them on LGs Horizon platform without coming up against TiVO patents.
Not exactly the 'upgrade' VM claim is it? Quite the opposite
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2023, 18:13   #5
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
You are able to Undelete recordings on Sky Q though , It isn't a TiVo exclusive feature.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 16-04-2023 at 18:24.
TimeLord2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2023, 23:24   #6
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Nope, it's why I don't ever want one. The only positive thing that is useful for partially sighted people especially is the voice control function, bur you can get that with Sky Q as well as other useful features missing from the 360.

There are lots of people on various forums who regretted changing over and, despite initially being told that they couldn't, some have managed to change back to the V6.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2023, 01:59   #7
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
You are able to Undelete recordings on Sky Q though , It isn't a TiVo exclusive feature.
You can even restore deleted recordings on our Sky HD+ box.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2023, 06:15   #8
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

But it seems recordings are not going to be available in the future.

Sky Stream does not do any recordings and you have to hope the programme will be on Catch-Up.

I guess VM Stream is the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
You can even restore deleted recordings on our Sky HD+ box.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2023, 08:15   #9
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
That is the way l see it.
Old 17-04-2023, 09:23   #10
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Nope, it's why I don't ever want one. The only positive thing that is useful for partially sighted people especially is the voice control function, bur you can get that with Sky Q as well as other useful features missing from the 360.

There are lots of people on various forums who regretted changing over and, despite initially being told that they couldn't, some have managed to change back to the V6.
Not quite, Richard. I am pleased with the 360 because it allows me to select programmes on my watchlist with profiles. So I can separate my programmes from my wife's and also have a separate list for shared viewing. If you live on your own, you can separate genres by the same method, to make your programmes easier to find.

While I agree that it is a shame there is not a 'recently deleted' folder on the 360, it's not the end of the world and you can normally get your programme back on demand.

I have never used the TIVO's 'wishlist' function except when I tried it out initially to see how it worked, so I don't miss that at all, but I know some people do value it.

It's horses for courses really, some will love it while others want to hang on to what they've got.
Old 17-04-2023, 11:45   #11
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

beaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the rough

Thank you all for those interesting comments.

TV360 is quite good, but IMO not as good as TiVo - I wish I had never changed.
It came with a new computer hub 3.0.
The TiVo handset was much better, it was larger, in white with protruding shaped buttons, easy to partially see and feel in a dark room.
The TV360 handset is useless in such a case.
Also I used to use the Favourites feature all the time with TiVo, TV360 does not have this feature.

Last edited by beaker17; 17-04-2023 at 12:10.
beaker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2023, 15:37   #12
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Do you mean Favourite channels or Wishlists?

360 has profiles which you can use to customise your channel list to only show your channel favourites.
Old 17-04-2023, 16:22   #13
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post

360 has profiles which you can use to customise your channel list to only show your channel favourites.
Thanks - I will investigate that.
Old 17-04-2023, 18:33   #14
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post

Ben, having created my profile of favourite channels for normal use, am I then also able to see the total channel list like on TiVo ?

All readers - the voice command feature is absolutely fabulous ! It actions any command given, even go forward or backward.

Last edited by beaker17; 17-04-2023 at 19:23.
beaker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2023, 20:42   #15
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Once you have your own profile, you can simply switch to the Shared profile, using the button on the right of the remote, to see all the channels.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote