Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit
Closed Thread

Old 23-05-2019, 17:23   #2521
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
This has happened before, it's absurd.
Advertisement
Old 23-05-2019, 17:25   #2522
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
This has happened before, it's absurd.
Exactly as they all have a right to vote for whoever they are going to vote for and for this to happen again is inexcusable.
Old 23-05-2019, 17:29   #2523
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Exactly as they all have a right to vote for whoever they are going to vote for and for this to happen again is inexcusable.
It's not as if a persons vote counts for anything anymore,others will just try to over rule the outcome.
Old 23-05-2019, 17:38   #2524
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
That's local councils for you Den.

No brain cells required to get elected to run them.
Old 23-05-2019, 17:45   #2525
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Ha, I hadn't even noticed that.
Neither had I, it's a thread prefix, it's not in the main title of the thread and it's only there because there was a poll, which I have now deleted and as if by magic....
Old 23-05-2019, 18:14   #2526
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Neither had I, it's a thread prefix, it's not in the main title of the thread and it's only there because there was a poll, which I have now deleted and as if by magic....
The whole vote will have to be rerun [if the brexit party do well] your unwitting intervention may have broken the election rules ........................................
Old 23-05-2019, 18:16   #2527
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post

Poll would be more appropriate.
This is a reasonable suggestion and thus, have now implemented the change..

New Poll being added to this thread Imminently....
Old 23-05-2019, 20:40   #2528
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Voted, here and in real life, for the Brexit Party.

On a side note, the stupid De Hondt system operates a closed list so it’s impossible to express a preference for a particular candidate within one’s chosen party. Individuals are appointed from the top of the list downwards. Given that the whole point of PR is that it’s meant to be more democratic, it’s odd that this particular version of it actually gives more power to party managers at the expense of voters.
Old 23-05-2019, 20:43   #2529
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Voted, here and in real life, for the Brexit Party.

On a side note, the stupid De Hondt system operates a closed list so it’s impossible to express a preference for a particular candidate within one’s chosen party. Individuals are appointed from the top of the list downwards. Given that the whole point of PR is that it’s meant to be more democratic, it’s odd that this particular version of it actually gives more power to party managers at the expense of voters.
First time i’ve ever voted in EU elections, I noticed that, there were 6 names next to the party I voted for.
Old 23-05-2019, 21:09   #2530
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
And such entitlement can be revoked - Free speech is mentioned in our sites terms of use, feel free to go look it up.

Yes, it would be boring if we all agreed with each other but I won't have you having a go at others and accuse them of lying when you also keep posting misinformation or saying something as fact, when it is not a fact at all.
Where am I "having a go" and accusing someone of lying?

I am not quite sure what you are threatening me with here. I describe things as I see them. I am quite happy to debate the rationale behind my position.
Old 23-05-2019, 22:06   #2531
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
First time i’ve ever voted in EU elections, I noticed that, there were 6 names next to the party I voted for.
When they decide how many seats each party gets, they are allocated to the names on the list from the top down. The names are there for information only as you can’t express a preference for one of them.

There is a version of De Hondt that operates an open list, so you can influence the order in which party candidates get a seat. It’s more democratic and potentially improves the connection between candidates and voters, but it makes the counting process doubly complicated.
Old 23-05-2019, 22:07   #2532
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

It's annoying. Holland has Exit polls and we don't!
Old 23-05-2019, 22:09   #2533
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It's annoying. Holland has Exit polls and we don't!
I thought nothing was allowed that could influence the vote in other countries that don't vote up until Sunday.
Old 23-05-2019, 22:10   #2534
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

I went and voted today at about 6pm, I asked how turn out had been, and he told me that only 66 had turned up to vote out of 1,200 registered voters.

Old 23-05-2019, 22:10   #2535
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Exit polls cost a fortune. They only happen when enough people give a toss for it to be worth Sky, the BBC and ITV’s while to club together.

I suspect Prof. Curtice will have done some number crunching off his own bat anyway. We may get some data over the next 24 hours.
Closed Thread