Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Police to get tough on internet trolls.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Old 15-02-2022, 15:34   #1336
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Paedophile hunters join dating sites for over 18 year olds and then state that they are underage in order to snare the paedophile.
Not going in to specifics of how we do things (for obvious reasons plus it would be way off topic) but predators very rarely use the big Social Media platforms to initially go looking for victims.

Therefore I don’t agree that any new initiatives or reforms will make a difference in protecting children from sexual predators.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-02-2022, 15:40   #1337
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
You’d be very surprised. We catch most predators via dating apps.

Just because someone signs up saying they’re 18 doesn’t mean they actually are.
Didn't dispute that, but most paedophiles aren't going to be looking on a 18+ site for kids that are lying about their age.

Having watched a lot of these stings, the majority they catch are just dim stupid idiots. The script for these stings are also just stupid. How many 14 year olds don't know what sex or masturbation is. The majority all go down the route of trouble at home too. But if they are catching them, I suppose that's all that matters.

Though I do have to question, some of those conducting the stings. Because I dared question one group, I got banned from their page. They always say don't say the decoys name. Yet the one doing the sting mentioned it at least 50 times. She literally shot down the accused when he mentioned the name and after shouting at him for using the decoys name, instantly started saying the name again. When mentioned, you get a ban from their page.

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Russ is part of a paedophile hunter team, so will have more insight than you.

Paedophile hunters join dating sites for over 18 year olds and then state that they are underage in order to snare the paedophile.

---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Indeed.
You don't know what I do so you don't know that .

Having watched a lot of stings, I'm quite clued up on the exact way they conduct themselves, it's no secret.

The point I'm making, not many paedophiles are on 18+ dating sites looking for kids considering the majority of them are 18+.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2022, 15:42   #1338
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Didn't dispute that, but most paedophiles aren't going to be looking on a 18+ site for kids that are lying about their age.

Having watched a lot of these stings, the majority they catch are just dim stupid idiots. The script for these stings are also just stupid. How many 14 year olds don't know what sex or masturbation is. The majority all go down the route of trouble at home too. But if they are catching them, I suppose that's all that matters.

Though I do have to question, some of those conducting the stings. Because I dared question one group, I got banned from their page. They always say don't say the decoys name. Yet the one doing the sting mentioned it at least 50 times. She literally shot down the accused when he mentioned the name and after shouting at him for using the decoys name, instantly started saying the name again. When mentioned, you get a ban from their page.
Usually these people are specifically searching for individuals aged 18. Nothing wrong with that, legally of course.

As for the rest of your post, answering it would be be way off topic too however should a thread about hunters crop up (there was one years and years ago I think) I would be happy to answer what I can and give more context and insight.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 15-02-2022, 16:10   #1339
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Not going in to specifics of how we do things (for obvious reasons plus it would be way off topic) but predators very rarely use the big Social Media platforms to initially go looking for victims.

Therefore I don’t agree that any new initiatives or reforms will make a difference in protecting children from sexual predators.
You're finding chancers on dating sites. The whole point of an 18+ site is its meant for adults, not kids. While I'm not saying they won't go on dating sites, they aren't going on there for the sole purpose of looking for kids, that would be rather pointless considering it's an adult site.

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

Quote:
Usually these people are specifically searching for individuals aged 18. Nothing wrong with that, legally of course.

As for the rest of your post, answering it would be be way off topic too however should a thread about hunters crop up (there was one years and years ago I think) I would be happy to answer what I can and give more context and insight.
Which is what I said. 18 is an adult. You're catching chancers on a platform for adults which when presented with someone of 14, goes, ok I'll try a bit of that. And while that is wrong and it's good they are being caught, I wouldn't say that most paedophiles use dating sites.

To be honest and I'm not being disrespectful here, I do appreciate the voluntary job they do, I don't really need any insight or context. Anyone with any brain cells, who watch these stings, know exactly how hunting teams work. There is no real secret behind it. But you're right, it's not for here.
Old 15-02-2022, 16:20   #1340
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
You're finding chancers on dating sites. The whole point of an 18+ site is its meant for adults, not kids. While I'm not saying they won't go on dating sites, they aren't going on there for the sole purpose of looking for kids, that would be rather pointless considering it's an adult site.

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

Which is what I said. 18 is an adult. You're catching chancers on a platform for adults which when presented with someone of 14, goes, ok I'll try a bit of that. And while that is wrong and it's good they are being caught, I wouldn't say that most paedophiles use dating sites.

To be honest and I'm not being disrespectful here, I do appreciate the voluntary job they do, I don't really need any insight or context. Anyone with any brain cells, who watch these stings, know exactly how hunting teams work. There is no real secret behind it. But you're right, it's not for here.
All I can say is (respectfully) you’re way off the mark in a number of ways.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 15-02-2022, 16:31   #1341
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
All I can say is (respectfully) you’re way off the mark in a number of ways.
And all I'll say is I'm definitely not. I've watched hundreds of these. It's no secret to how you work these types of things. These groups spill most of the beans on lives they do. How the conversation goes, how they caught them, using adults to meet up with them if they haven't come to meet a child, pretending to be delivering parcels or food. You can even tell a lot of the decoy pages if they are using Facebook. Which is why I said you have to be dim to be even caught out by these groups.
Old 15-02-2022, 17:03   #1342
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
And all I'll say is I'm definitely not. I've watched hundreds of these. It's no secret to how you work these types of things. These groups spill most of the beans on lives they do. How the conversation goes, how they caught them, using adults to meet up with them if they haven't come to meet a child, pretending to be delivering parcels or food. You can even tell a lot of the decoy pages if they are using Facebook. Which is why I said you have to be dim to be even caught out by these groups.
Not getting in to an argument but what you see on stings is only about 20% of reality. Too many of them enjoy the fame and attention.

I’m sorry but you are very wrong in how you believe these groups work. I’ve been doing this for 6 years and your perception certainly is not reality.

Vote #AnyoneButTory

Last edited by Russ; 15-02-2022 at 17:19.
Old 15-02-2022, 17:20   #1343
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
So again, how is that the fault of the service provider (Instagram) ?

Is the Post Office to blame if someone posts you hate mail ?
They aren't being helpful when such things are reported to them. People are either ignored, given the runaround or receive pointless non replies.

It looks like Parliament want to extend what was asked for (for inappropriate posts to be removed or people being given their accounts back) by making site owners have a duty of care towards their members and by removing inappropriate posts before they are even reported.

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

Quote:

Do you mean the one titled 'Stinston Hunter paedo exposer' from 2013?

If so, it was closed at the request of the OP, which I didn't think was allowed

I've started another in Lifestyle titled 'Paedophile hunter groups'. Unfortunately, it won't allow me to post a link.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2022, 17:34   #1344
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Not getting in to an argument but what you see on stings is only about 20% of reality. Too many of them enjoy the fame and attention.

I’m sorry but you very much are wrong in how you believe these groups work. I’ve been doing this for 6 years and your perception certainly is not reality.
Too many enjoy the fame and attention is exactly right, which gives away exactly how they work.

I'm sorry but I'm very much not wrong. You might not like knowing people know how these groups work, but it's not exactly top secret.

You put an adult pretending to be a child on some form of site be it social media, chat site or dating apps. You wait till an adult starts the conversation. You state the age of the decoy within so many messages. You pretend the decoy doesn't understand about anything sexual. The decoy will not lead the conversation. The adult will arrange the meet or if they don't, the group will arrange a meet by using an adult to then confront the person about the underage decoy. Sometimes they pretend they are delivering something to get the suspect to the door.

Those are the basics of how these groups work. You aren't doing top secret spy stuff, it's not hard to understand how these groups work. And a lot of them are bordering on the line of them acting illegally. I watched one a couple of days back, the team patting the suspect down, going in his pocket, taking out his wallet and then checking for ID. One group even had a 'paedophile' as part of their security team.

You can try to pretend that I don't know much about these teams, but apart from the basics I've listed, there isn't really much more to know.
Old 15-02-2022, 17:48   #1345
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Too many enjoy the fame and attention is exactly right, which gives away exactly how they work.

I'm sorry but I'm very much not wrong. You might not like knowing people know how these groups work, but it's not exactly top secret.

You put an adult pretending to be a child on some form of site be it social media, chat site or dating apps. You wait till an adult starts the conversation. You state the age of the decoy within so many messages. You pretend the decoy doesn't understand about anything sexual. The decoy will not lead the conversation. The adult will arrange the meet or if they don't, the group will arrange a meet by using an adult to then confront the person about the underage decoy. Sometimes they pretend they are delivering something to get the suspect to the door.

Those are the basics of how these groups work. You aren't doing top secret spy stuff, it's not hard to understand how these groups work. And a lot of them are bordering on the line of them acting illegally. I watched one a couple of days back, the team patting the suspect down, going in his pocket, taking out his wallet and then checking for ID. One group even had a 'paedophile' as part of their security team.

You can try to pretend that I don't know much about these teams, but apart from the basics I've listed, there isn't really much more to know.
By what you think you know you’ve proven you don’t know much about it.

But no you’re right. You (who has watched some videos) knows more about what really goes on than myself (who over 5 years has been involved in 160+ stings).

You totally know what happens behind the scenes. Absolutely.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 15-02-2022, 18:01   #1346
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
By what you think you know you’ve proven you don’t know much about it.

But no you’re right. You (who has watched some videos) knows more about what really goes on than myself (who over 5 years has been involved in 160+ stings).

You totally know what happens behind the scenes. Absolutely.
I've proven I know exactly what goes on. I know these groups don't like people knowing how they work, but the simple truth is it's not hard to figure out.

I've watched many more than 160 stings, probably over double the amount. While the groups like to think they are pretty secretive, it's not hard to figure out how it works.

You're right, I don't know what person A said to person B behind the scenes. I don't need to know that to know how these groups work. I know the ins and outs of how you catch these people, what you are or aren't allowed to say and what you are or aren't allowed to do. While there might be a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes, it's not really top secret stuff other than talking to the suspect, trying to track down the suspect and printing off chat logs or having them ready to hand over to the Police.
Old 15-02-2022, 18:13   #1347
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
I've proven I know exactly what goes on..
You don’t. Trust me, you don’t.

I’m not personally bothered whether you do or not but if what you’ve said is all you know then you know about 20% of how things really happen.

Trust me, you don’t know how it’s done.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 15-02-2022, 18:24   #1348
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
You don’t. Trust me, you don’t.

I’m not personally bothered whether you do or not but if what you’ve said is all you know then you know about 20% of how things really happen.

Trust me, you don’t know how it’s done.
Trust me I do. You're acting as though you have this top secret group that no one understands how it works. In reality, you get a picture of a young teenager, put it on a site, wait for someone to speak to it, then intercept them and hand over to the Police. That might take a week, it might take a year. I've gave examples how they work, you seem quiet. Why don't you give examples in here or the other thread created on the subject.
Old 15-02-2022, 18:33   #1349
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Trust me I do. You're acting as though you have this top secret group that no one understands how it works. In reality, you get a picture of a young teenager, put it on a site, wait for someone to speak to it, then intercept them and hand over to the Police. That might take a week, it might take a year. I've gave examples how they work, you seem quiet. Why don't you give examples in here or the other thread created on the subject.
You don’t know how my groups work.

But granted yes, you know about 25% of how some groups work.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 15-02-2022, 18:44   #1350
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
You don’t know how my groups work.

But granted yes, you know about 25% of how some groups work.
Because I don't know who you are. If you're like any of the other numerous groups I watch and who I guess we are talking about when we mention stings or paedophile hunters then I know exactly how these groups work. Again, it's no top secret, the teams give it away themselves anyway.