Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 26-01-2017, 21:39   #346
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
There are certain people who think the sun shines out of Malones backside and he can't do no wrong so SKY,BT,TT will always be the bad guys.
This Discovery fiasco could backfire big time on Malone, i wouldn't be surprised if VM kiss goodbye to Sky/fox owned channels when the current deal is up.
Does anyone know when the current deal is up please?
Advertisement
Old 26-01-2017, 21:45   #347
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post
I believe its in 2019.
Old 26-01-2017, 21:52   #348
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'm pretty sure Sky aren't the first platform in Europe to accuse Discovery of asking to much for their channels and Talk Talk completely removed them.
http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2016/...canal-digital/
http://www.digitaltveurope.net/63676...sian-platform/
Agreed but Sky coming out with the line of unrealistic price demands is a bit like calling the kettle black as Sky are one of the biggest culprits in the regard MM.
Old 26-01-2017, 22:01   #349
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post
Quite awhile left on it i think 2019 MB would know more.
Old 26-01-2017, 22:18   #350
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Viceland has popped up on TV Anywhere (channel 215) with a Coming Soon listing so the launch must be imminent.
Old 26-01-2017, 23:21   #351
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Viceland has popped up on TV Anywhere (channel 215) with a Coming Soon listing so the launch must be imminent.
tonight i think.
Old 27-01-2017, 09:03   #352
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
There are certain people who think the sun shines out of Malones backside and he can't do no wrong so SKY,BT,TT will always be the bad guys.
This Discovery fiasco could backfire big time on Malone, i wouldn't be surprised if VM kiss goodbye to Sky/fox owned channels when the current deal is up.
Well, it seems that Discovery are reacting to the insistence of these operators that prices should not increase at all, despite the operators increasing their charges. That does sound a little unreasonable to me, at least on the face of it.

As for Sky/Fox channels, I am becoming ambivalent. If we lose Sky 1, I will not be as upset now as I was when the Sky channels were withdrawn a few years ago, because the content
has deteriorated since then, in my opinion. I watch very little on that channel now.

Sky Living does have a few programmes that appeal, such as Madam Secretary, and Sky Arts has some good things on occasionally. I'd be cross about losing Sky Atlantic, but then we don't get that anyway. The Sky Sports and Cinema channels are unlikely to be affected by such a move, if it were to be made.

Fox, however, I would miss, because they do have some good stuff on there.

For me personally, the loss of these channels on VM would not be reflected in a loss of content because I have Now TV, but I might re-consider the packages I take from Virgin Media, assuming that they do not add other channels to replace them.

If VM suspect any hanky panky from Sky in 2019, I hope that they are planning good substitute channels to put on in their place.
Old 27-01-2017, 11:57   #353
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Assuming that the Discovery channels leave Sky on the 1st February, which platform has the strongest line-up; Sky or VM.

Sky's main non-VM channel will be Sky Atlantic whilst VM's main non-Sky channels will be Eurosport, TLC and Discovery.

Even Stevens or does Eurosport or Atlantic tip the balance in one direction?
Old 27-01-2017, 12:22   #354
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Assuming that the Discovery channels leave Sky on the 1st February, which platform has the strongest line-up; Sky or VM.

Sky's main non-VM channel will be Sky Atlantic whilst VM's main non-Sky channels will be Eurosport, TLC and Discovery.

That's down to each individuals own requirements , I personally think it's a storm in a tea cup and will get resolved pretty sharpish that's not to say the channels won't dissappear short term.
Old 27-01-2017, 12:30   #355
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well if it follows the road of the Sky basics dispute between Sky and Virgin it could take a little bit longer then a short period but alas your knowledge of these things is far better then l MM.
Old 27-01-2017, 12:33   #356
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
That's down to each individuals own requirements , I personally think it's a storm in a tea cup and will get resolved pretty sharpish that's not to say the channels won't dissappear short term.
Unless of course Discovery don't want Sky to have these channels any more, just as Sky don't want VM to get Sky Atlantic.

But.... maybe.. .LG could let Sky have the Discovery bouquet if we can have Atlantic!
Old 27-01-2017, 12:49   #357
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post

Strange as it might seem but if Discovery networks do depart with SKY then BT tv would be stronger than SKY for doc fans, VM would be in the strongest position overall but coverage and lack of own content could be vms undoing in the long run.

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Unless of course Discovery don't want Sky to have these channels any more, just as Sky don't want VM to get Sky Atlantic.

But.... maybe.. .LG could let Sky have the Discovery bouquet if we can have Atlantic!
Or knowing SKY they'll launch their own doc channel and hoover up as much content as possible.
However a lot of Discovery content will be safe as Discovery make most of heir own programming.
I agree with MM it's just a storm in a tea cup it's a case of my dingaling is bigger than your dingaling, it'll get resolved one feels in time.
Old 27-01-2017, 13:35   #358
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

This website setup by Discovery says otherwise

http://www.keepdiscovery.co.uk
Old 27-01-2017, 14:21   #359
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
This website setup by Discovery says otherwise

http://www.keepdiscovery.co.uk
...And if they get enough support from Sky satellite subscribers, Sky will really want to do a deal to get them back.

Let's hope that works to VM's advantage!
Old 27-01-2017, 14:36   #360
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Let's hope that works to VM's advantage!

Not sure what you mean by that.
Closed Thread