Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Old 01-11-2012, 14:34   #46
tizmeinnit

Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
I'd say this is the best that could've happened to the Star Wars franchise.

Disney knows how to retain character's integrities,they know merchandise,they have experience with franchises and have the financial clout to take SW to the next level.
Having secured the rights to George's outlines for Episodes 7-9 is also very good news.Lucas staying on as a creative consultant means that these news instalments will feel like SW movies.

Also being a fan of Avatar,and seeing that as the 21st Century SW,I'm obviously very happy with the fact that there are now 2 great SyFy franchises to look forward to

I will also predict right now that 2015 will break all BO records:

Star Wars Episode 7 3D
Avengers 2 3D

The year the Box Office exploded.
way things are going by 2015 it will cost 50% more to sit on them seats meaning records will be easily broken

They measure it all wrong anyway it should be bums on seats not gross take
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2012, 14:58   #47
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
way things are going by 2015 it will cost 50% more to sit on them seats meaning records will be easily broken

They measure it all wrong anyway it should be bums on seats not gross take
well,50% may be a bit steep.... of course Inflation needs to be taken into account.
And no,bums on seats are not usually the measure for success for a very simple reason.Nowadays there are many other forms of entertainment that compete directly with cinemas. There's more choice.Of course more people went to see say Gone with the Wind since there was less choice.Adjusted BO will also be higher due to numerous re-releases and what not.
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 19:32   #48
Will21st
Inactive

Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

and as if he wasn't a Giant amongst Men already:

http://collider.com/george-lucas-luc...harity/207790/

what an amazing guy. George,I salute you!
Old 01-11-2012, 19:41   #49
tizmeinnit

Quote:
well,50% may be a bit steep.... of course Inflation needs to be taken into account.
And no,bums on seats are not usually the measure for success for a very simple reason.Nowadays there are many other forms of entertainment that compete directly with cinemas. There's more choice.Of course more people went to see say Gone with the Wind since there was less choice.Adjusted BO will also be higher due to numerous re-releases and what not.
but look how much Gone with the Wind took? its phenomenal
Old 01-11-2012, 19:46   #50
Will21st
Inactive

Quote:
but look how much Gone with the Wind took? its phenomenal
Yes,it's phenomenal after countless re-releases in regular cinemas,1 Dollar cinemas and so on.In a day and age where there were no game consoles,no Home Video,no nothing. When a film came to the cinemas EVERYBODY went. You got to compare like for like.
Sorry,adjusted for inflation Box Office is BS,plain and simple.
Old 01-11-2012, 20:32   #51
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Also being a fan of Avatar,and seeing that as the 21st Century SW,I'm obviously very happy with the fact that there are now 2 great SyFy franchises to look forward to :
Star Wars and Avatar have nothing to do with SyFy
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 20:33   #52
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Yes,it's phenomenal after countless re-releases in regular cinemas,1 Dollar cinemas and so on.In a day and age where there were no game consoles,no Home Video,no nothing. When a film came to the cinemas EVERYBODY went. You got to compare like for like.
Sorry,adjusted for inflation Box Office is BS,plain and simple.

but your using statistics I can do that to. What about population growth? what about the rise in standard of living? and then there are demi graphs only people of a certain age will watch films like Gone with the Wind

The very fact it still sits 125th in the US all time charts is nothing short of amazing
Old 01-11-2012, 20:40   #53
Will21st
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Well,I was under the impression that SyFy was the new way to spell Sci-Fi.

I guess I was wrong!
Old 01-11-2012, 20:42   #54
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
A reality TV show about Star Wars 'enthusiasts' on the other hand would get snapped up by the supposed SyFy channel though

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

Quote:
Well,I was under the impression that SyFy was the new way to spell Sci-Fi.

I guess I was wrong!
I would say you watch too much TV but if that were the case you'd think SyFy was the new way to spell utter drivel following people nobody cares about doing every day things
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 20:43   #55
Will21st
Inactive

Quote:
but your using statistics I can do that to. What about population growth? what about the rise in standard of living? and then there are demi graphs only people of a certain age will watch films like Gone with the Wind.

The very fact it still sits 125th in the US all time charts is nothing short of amazing

Ok,if you feel like using adjusted BO,then knock yourself out. Nobody else in the industry does. Enjoy!

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
A reality TV show about Star Wars 'enthusiasts' on the other hand would get snapped up by the supposed SyFy channel though

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

I would say you watch too much TV but if that were the case you'd think SyFy was the new way to spell utter drivel following people nobody cares about doing every day things
Haha,I like it.
Old 01-11-2012, 20:45   #56
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Ok,if you feel like using adjusted BO,then knock yourself out. Nobody else in the industry does. Enjoy!
But im not in the industry mate im just some guy posting on a forum not Barry Norman or Dickie Attenborough
Old 01-11-2012, 20:51   #57
Will21st
Inactive

Quote:
But im not in the industry mate im just some guy posting on a forum not Barry Norman or Dickie Attenborough
Well, i am in the Industry and most countries in the world count BO take,not bums in seats.FACT.

Your adjusted gross have had countless re-releases.FACT

There were far less alternatives than there are today. FACT

The industry needs a constant stream of new records to hype itself into a frenzy. FACT

We can argue all night long,but what is the point? You are not comparing like for like,despite demographics and population growth.

Nobody is saying Gone with the Wind isn't up there with the all time most successful,but goalposts move.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course I just realised that now the re-scheduling of the 3D re-releases makes sense in light of these new films. By 2015 Return of the Jedi 3D will have been out of theatres not too long ago and the public is in the mood for Episode 7 3D.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:23   #58
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:07   #59
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Well, i am in the Industry and most countries in the world count BO take,not bums in seats.FACT.

Your adjusted gross have had countless re-releases.FACT

There were far less alternatives than there are today. FACT

The industry needs a constant stream of new records to hype itself into a frenzy. FACT

We can argue all night long,but what is the point? You are not comparing like for like,despite demographics and population growth.

Nobody is saying Gone with the Wind isn't up there with the all time most successful,but goalposts move.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course I just realised that now the re-scheduling of the 3D re-releases makes sense in light of these new films. By 2015 Return of the Jedi 3D will have been out of theatres not too long ago and the public is in the mood for Episode 7 3D.
So people like you are to blame for the crap films we get today..The reason why I haven't been to see a single film in the cinema this year and haven't bought a new dvd film at all this year.

Of course the industry is not doing so well..boredom has set in.

I laughed at the idea of Rambo 31 once.I'm not laughing now.I'm just too depressed to spend my hard earned cash on crap from Hollywood anymore.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:41   #60
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

There's always good and bad output from Hollywood and it has been thus since the invention of the motion picture.