Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 21-11-2014, 21:46   #1021
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Yes Harry, US Netflix.
OK, cheers.

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
For those who've watched the previous Seasons Netflix has today added all episodes of Lilyhammer Season 3
Gonna be a bit of binge watching tonight. I love this show.
Advertisement
Old 21-11-2014, 21:54   #1022
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
A vpn is your friend on geoblocks cyberghost free will be enough to get you signed up, wouldn't use it for streaming though as free version is very slow the premium version is only $19.99 for the year though about £12 and that is quite good.

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

They would be better off going back to the $7.99p/m monthly option i think.
Have you noticed you can watch the network currently without your vpn turned on?? uk lock was turned off a few hours ago apparently??
Old 21-11-2014, 23:26   #1023
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Have you noticed you can watch the network currently without your vpn turned on?? uk lock was turned off a few hours ago apparently??
Tbh mate i've given up on WWE completely my sub expires just after Survivor series and i have no intention of continuing it, my vpn is always on as it runs in my router as it comes in use when i switch netflix or amazon instant video regions (for amazon you do need a uk and a seperate usa prime membership) as before i got a vpn router i was forever forgetting to switch my vpn on then cussing at my pc when in fact it was my fault haha, i do use a smart dns too as a backup.
Old 22-11-2014, 10:55   #1024
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

I use a Chrome cast to access Netflix on my tv but if I use a VPN to get the US content I cannot cast the screen , the icon to select my tv or other device is gone ,is there any way around this ?

Old 22-11-2014, 11:07   #1025
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I use a Chrome cast to access Netflix on my tv but if I use a VPN to get the US content I cannot cast the screen , the icon to select my tv or other device is gone ,is there any way around this ?
You need a router you can set up a vpn on or a router you can change dns settings and use a smart dns service such as unblock-us.
This is why i went for the firetv as you can change dns settings on that, you can on appletv and androidtv too.
Old 22-11-2014, 11:22   #1026
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
You need a router you can set up a vpn on or a router you can change dns settings and use a smart dns service such as unblock-us.
This is why i went for the firetv as you can change dns settings on that, you can on appletv and androidtv too.
Cheers mate ,that answered that then i'm using a sky hub so not possible then ?

Old 22-11-2014, 12:22   #1027
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Cheers mate ,that answered that then i'm using a sky hub so not possible then ?
No Sky lockdown their routers they also lockdown their network too preventing you from using your own router, you could try popping to currys or maplin pick up a cheap router tplink allow dns changes and connect that router via ethernet to your skyhub and use your new router for chromecast ect.
I know a few people who do this with various networks i did it with my plusnet router it works fine.
Old 22-11-2014, 14:31   #1028
martyh

Quote:
No Sky lockdown their routers they also lockdown their network too preventing you from using your own router, you could try popping to currys or maplin pick up a cheap router tplink allow dns changes and connect that router via ethernet to your skyhub and use your new router for chromecast ect.
I know a few people who do this with various networks i did it with my plusnet router it works fine.
I may give it a go ,and by 'I' I mean my IT proficient son

Old 22-11-2014, 15:57   #1029
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
I may give it a go ,and by 'I' I mean my IT proficient son
Haha good luck mate hope it works for you.
Old 23-11-2014, 18:11   #1030
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Haha good luck mate hope it works for you.
I've PM'd you
Old 24-11-2014, 15:02   #1031
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Challenging question regarding the 6 months free deal with Virgin.

I already had the 1 month free Netflix while Virgin messed about sending me the email with the 6 month code on it.
I never got the email but the code they told me over the phone I then added to my account and it added a credit of £35.94.
I had activated option 2 out of the 3 choices as that is the cheapest with HD at £6.99 a month.
So based on that the £35.94 added by applying the Virgin code will only last me 5 months if I remain on the HD option.

Is this correct?
Is this how it will work or is it a true 6 months so I can stay on the option I have chosen to get HD and get my 6 months I thought I was getting.
Otherwise to get 6 months I have to change my option down to option 1 and get the SD only package?

Anyone know please?
Thanks
Old 24-11-2014, 17:59   #1032
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

It's a money credit so it will not last 6 months at your charge rate of £6.99 per month.
Old 26-11-2014, 12:46   #1033
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Thanks.
Seems a bit of a con when the advert says watch Netflix in HD etc.
I suppose they don't say we are giving it you for 6 months in HD quality though.
Old 28-11-2014, 19:40   #1034
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Anyone after a decent streaming device , Amazon have the Roku 3 about to start in 20 mins on the lightning deals.
Old 28-11-2014, 21:03   #1035
theone2k10
Inactive

Netflix CEO says broadcast tv dead by 2030 http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/11...n_6237752.html
Closed Thread